[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moldova

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 6214-004-83B5524C.jpg (219KB, 525x435px) Image search: [Google]
6214-004-83B5524C.jpg
219KB, 525x435px
What can you tell me about Moldova?

I'd like to rent a car and drive to Odessa (avoiding Transnistria), and then come back to Moldova. Would I have problems crossing the Ukrainian border?

Then I'd like to go to Tiraspol from Chisinau and go back, all of it by bus, so that should be completely fine.
>>
>>1282612
Moldova is awfull

Dirty, poor, empty and boring

I enjoyed alot of african countries but moldova was too depressing
>>
>>1282616
I'm aware is ugly and poor as fuck, but anyway I'm curious about it.
>>
Whats the point of going to Moldova if you are not going to visit Transnistria?
>>
>>1282626
Of course there's no point. Read again my post:

>Then I'd like to go to Tiraspol from Chisinau and go back, all of it by bus, so that should be completely fine
>>
>>1282612
Before you cross the ukrainian border there are insurance shops, where you buy the car insurance for your stay during Ukraine.

Do you speak any Romanian, Russian, Moldovan? Are you capable of reading cyrill?

When you go back by bus, how long do you stay in Tiraspol?

> What can you tell me about Moldova? You should be fine, just be sure that the roads have some kind of uneven pattern. Sometimes it looks like the street melted. So you have kind of holes and bups at the same time. So watch your speed.
>>
>>1282656
>Do you speak any Romanian, Russian, Moldovan? Are you capable of reading cyrill?

Nope. I speak fluent English though.

>When you go back by bus, how long do you stay in Tiraspol?

I've read there are 10 hours visas, that should be enough.
>>
>>1282669
> Nope. I speak fluent English though
Alright, well shouldn't be a big prob. Just be aware even in chisinau not a big part speaks english

> I've read there are 10 hours visas, that should be enough.
k, if you stay longer, hotels will do the registration for you. I would strongly recommend you a tour for your 10 to get the best out of it, especially the mobility to sites which are not directly in the center
>>
Chisinau is a ghosttown and has a creepy vibe. Life there is really simple and poor but still I enjoyed my stay there. The kids at Tapok Hostel are really chill and nice people.

Tiraspol has interesting nightlife on a weekend. People will literally fight with eachother to hang out with you since they hardly get any tourism there.
>>
>>1282700
Thanks for the advices man.

>>1282725
How long did you stay there? Any particular place/city I should go?
>>
>>1282616
Same in Odessa, posting from there now
Don't do literally anything from your list, OP
>>
>>1282778
My friends from Odessa look down on Moldovans

They describe them as the "Mexicans" of Ukraine
>>
Look man, if you get an opportunity to stay anywhere but Moldova, hit it and run, it's not described "the poorest country in Europe" for nothing you know...
>>
I'm in a rural village in Tanzania right now.

Considering doing two weeks in Moldova, since I have a friend volunteering with the Peace Corps in a medium-sized city.

Think I'm probably going to go, OP, so I'll tell you how it is in another month-and-a-half.

Somehow it costs roughly the same for me to fly Zanzibar-Dubai-Romania-Cairo as it does just to fly from Zanzibar or Dar to Cairo. It's like $50 more to do Moldova.

My friend there said there isn't a whole lot to do, but people are pretty friendly and like talking to tourists.
>>
>>1282728
>>1282700
> Thanks for the advices man.

No prob anon.
For other places than Tiraspol check out my playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RePqvfv6OAc&list=PLs0QrxQ5LjFTR2G994GKuF_uy_YAbfvxI
>>
>>1282728
>How long did you stay there? Any particular place/city I should go?
Just 3 days in Chisinau. I'd say 2 days in chisinau and one day in tiraspol should be enough
>>
>>1282725
Was thinking of doing Chisinau Sat/Sun then Tiraspol Mon/Tues/(maybe Wed. Is it worth swapping dates around? Going to stay at Tiraspol Hostel in Transnistria, the owner seems really chill.
>>
>>1283098
Cool, thanks!
>>
>>1283130
>Tiraspol Mon/Tues/(maybe Wed
You have to register yourself with the authorities at the home affairs or whatever office if you are going to stay more than 10 hours.
>>
>>1283227
Your hotel should be able to handle that registration for you. You will also have to cross "customs" when you go into Transnistria. Be careful what you photograph while in Transnistria as well. The PMR (official name for Transnistria) is a haven for arms and human trafficking. Be careful not to cross the wrong people.
>>
If you want to get a taste of it, check out Simon Reeve's doc from a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0I404gXbNg
>>
>>1284400
Can't stand that goy desu.
>>1283438
Yeah, I am aware. Apparently it's fine these days though, I always blend in as a native in eastern Europe untill someone asks me somthing and I can't reply.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.