[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best and worst countries or cities to go travelling solo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0167.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0167.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
What are the best and worst countries or cities to go travelling solo?
>>
>>1282603
OP here

Best in general would be places where it's easy to be anonymous (Japan), where you are likely to run into other solo travellers, mainly places that are slightly obscure (Iran, India)

The hardest places are those that attract groups of friends traveling together, because it's harder to meet people. Europe for example.
>>
Wut. Soloing in Europe is the best. Stay in hostels, meet other travelers.
>>
>>1282606
This is fair.

I live in Japan so I can't comment myself, but one of my friends from the USA came out here for 3 months and traveled the country. He really had a blast and he was able to meet up with other travelers and expats in each of the cities he visited. Based on his experiences I recommend it.

I also personally have experience going to Nara solo (currently living and holding down a permanent position in Tokyo.) for an internship. Nara is excellent because you don't get so much of the Japanese cramped-ness, you're within spitting distance of Osaka, Kobe, and Kyoto (fun day trips, concerts, etc), and Nara itself has a lot of cool history.
>>
>>1282635
ay just a follow up question to your post even though it's somewhat unrelated. Would it be hard to live in Nara and commute to Osaka everyday? I've been to both for a trip, but I might end up living in Osaka in the future. It seemed possible but I wonder if I'm missing something that I didn't see because I wasn't there long enough. Same would go for living in Kyoto and working in Osaka.

>>1282603
I liked central america solo, it can be a little more nerve wracking but the people there tend to be more adventurous and up for meeting up. Tons of solo travellers too.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.