[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bucharest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: bucharest.jpg (203KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
bucharest.jpg
203KB, 1280x852px
I've heard it's a poor, ugly city with gypsies everywhere. I've heard it's a romantic place with lots of fun things and secrets to discover. What is the truth?
>>
>>1282246
Go and see for yourself
>>
>>1282246
>poor
It's way above the rest of Romania in terms of average income. Not like Western Europe, but not too bad.

>ugly
Many buildings are vacant and there are area's full of commie blocks. But there are very pretty area's too.
>with gypsies everywhere
You'll see more of them in Paris or Barcelona.
>romantic place
Some parts are yup, especially with good weather.
>lots of fun things
Kind of, it has an awesome nightlife, many parks, opera and plays,... Don't expect it to be on the level or London or something, but you can definitely have fun there.
>secrets to discover
Hell yes.
>>
>>1282262
Thanks. I plan on moving there for a few months. Do you think it would be easy to meet english-speaking friends? I'm 24.
>>
>>1282246
Download the In Your Pocket guide to Bucharest (it's free and pretty good) the guy who edits it has a website called Bucharest Life which is mostly rants about local government but has some interesting stuff (e.g. the sex guide).

Do some wandering via google maps street view to get a sense of the place.
>>
>>1282262
Tell secrets, please.
>>
>>1282246
What's the average internet speed in rented flats?
Can I get my own flat in a non-shit area via Airbnb at about 300 euro per month (maybe not NOW in the summer, but later)?
>>
>>1282308
An area just outside the centre full of lanes with trees and nothing but interbellum villas, random antiques market in empty buildings (full of communist era stuff), churches hiding behind commieblocks filled with gold icons, tea houses with live music that don't even have a sign on their door,...
>>
>>1282409
What's the area called?
>>
>>1282409
Can confirm random antiques markets and also cutest orthodox chapels/churches with icons.
>>
>>1282393
They have one of the highest internet speeds in Europe for some weird reason.
>>
>>1282425
Cotroceni, near Eroilor metro station. Random Google Maps drop:
https://www.google.be/maps/@44.4304137,26.0740475,3a,75y,196.08h,97.17t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sN7Qa3wtwlEBi4BrRxLtJTw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

>>1282308
For some more examples of 'secrets': https://www.instagram.com/raidenbucharest/
>>
There isnt that much to see. Its crowded with party tourists and poor. The rest of Romania is much better and you should visit Brassov or Hermannstadt instead.

>>1282270
Sure. Go into a bar and talk to people. Found nice people within 5 minutes.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.