[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traveling Sans Currency

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 20170724_131153-1.jpg (1MB, 1408x1925px) Image search: [Google]
20170724_131153-1.jpg
1MB, 1408x1925px
This thread is dedicated to all the tramps, rubber tramps, and crack spangers out there; as well as an attempt at a Hitch Hiker's Guide to America.

Please add anything you can think of.
>>
Hitch Hiker's Guide to the States

Two outfits (hitch hiking) clean and dirty. Dirty-spange and crack spange, clean gear is to catch rides.

Gas is free. Crack spange the lot until you reach your goal. Once the goal is hit, pull into the pump. Wait at least ten minutes (never really timed it) to see if someone will fill you up. When it's seen that you were really asking for gas money people are more likely to fill up your tank themselves when given the chance.

Now you have money for cocktail hour or future gas.

If you have more than one tramp doing bum stuff, diversify. Drop a sign flier at an on ramp, a crack spanger at a walmart, and get a juggernaut to work the gas station.

Gimmicks are useful. Mine was the taped up glasses. But even a bad hair cut should do the trick, or a black eye.

Use a script. It's just like working the phones except you're selling yourself. Your personality. So let that come through. Robots don't make sales or spange full tanks of gas, but people do.

Cardboard Aviation- sit no less than two car lengths behind the stop line on an off ramp. The sign should be visible five car lengths back.

Make sure the off ramp leads to an area with at least a walmart but more upscale restaurants and stores are a better bet. Chic fi let is good and so is starbucks.
>>
>>1281900
Eye contact- avoid. Pick a spot to stare at and don't take your eyes off of it. Use peripherals to know when something's coming.

Never let the spoils of spange show. I wouldn't give a flier food or money if he had a pizza sitting next to him. Always have a food and supplies caché that you can deposite extras to. Leave behind what you can't carry.

The sign says- hungry, traveling, please
GOD bless.

Use what works for you but that sign is a credit card. It covers all the bases.

Shifts- 30 minutes to an hour. After that, switch out with your partner or take a short break. Faces get old fast and social media makes it that much harder to get by like this.

Shifts- morning, noon, evening, night. Go with the 9 to 5 flow.

Idle spange- sit in front of fast food joint and give it your best thousand yard stare, just like the on ramp. People will unsolicited give kick downs. Make sure your gear is seen.

If you can't play an instrument start drawing/painting/ whatever in plain sight

Busk- if you can play, play. People love it. Even if all you know is "Isnt she lovely" buskers burn up spots slower and they are more respected than cardboard aviationists or crack spangers. Some can make tens of thousands in a month.

Geography- the south has the best kick downs. Idle spange can get you by alone in the bible belt. The further north and closer to the cities you are the more tools you'll have to use. The more creative you'll have to be.

The professional tramp who taught me this claimed to make 130 thousand a year.

The most the author has made in an hour is 160$. (Disclaimer: One eighty dollar half hour, did not stick around for the other half)

Anyone with a copy can and should add their tools to this tool box. Let this bare bones guide grow into something worth sharing.

-anonymous
>>
>>1281900
>>1281901
I swear I do not understand half of these words. I'm guessing that's a good thing, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>1281900
>>1281901

I'll add to this:

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>1281901
>no eye contact
Why?
>>
I'm amazed suckers give money to these bums. I have personally never given even a cent to these beggars shitting up my sidewalk. Don't give money to charities either as you can be sure the money goes into the fat cat CEO's back pocket.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.