[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hotels.com scam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: hotels-highres-500x500.jpg (17KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hotels-highres-500x500.jpg
17KB, 500x500px
One week ago I went to the Milano. I booked and paid a room via hotels.com. I went to check-in normally. Everything seemed to be ok, until employee said, that he can't find my reservation. I didn't get a room and he said, that I should contact hotels.com. I did so. I sent mail to customer service and got response few days later. They said that they can't do anything, there isn't a way to get my money back. What should I do? Guy in reception said, that they don't even use hotels.com

Dont care about my poor grammar.
>>
>>1281502

Should have used booking.com you cuck.
>>
>>1281502
This is why you keep a copy of your confirmation with your booking number and the help desk phone number.
I've used hotels.com for over 10 years, several times a year (enough so to have several free nights under their redemption program) and I never had a single issue, except the occasional disgusted face by the reception staff when they see you have booked a rate that's not earning them money.
Was your hotel fully booked otherwise?
I'd say it's more of a hotel scam, where they saw a chance to sell a much higher rate to a walk-in guest and deleted the poor man's booking.

>>1281535
You are the cuck if you always book through one single engine without checking the dates on hotel on various sources before deciding.
Hotels.com is sometimes cheaper, sometimes not but I always check both websites and I end up booking through hotels.
>>
>>1281502
Check your inbox? How the fuck did you not get a confirmation?
>>
>>1281502
This is why those people who say don't ever use credit cards are wrong. If you book something like this with a credit card you can just dispute it with them saying the services you paid for were not rendered and unless you say something retarded you get your money back. Then it's up to the credit card company to get their money back.
>>
>>1281502
I agree with >>1281582
After your booking you receive all the details via email. Print it or take it with your mobile phone.

> except the occasional disgusted face by the reception staff when they see you have booked a rate that's not earning them money

True. Some hotels even go so far that they ask you to cancel the reservation, just so they save the booking fee from hotels.com/booking.com or wtv
>>
>>1281592
I got confirmation
>>
>>1281582
I got copies. I showed them at reception, they just said that they don't use hotels.com.
>>
>>1281679
So why didn't you call the hotline? You should have handled the matter immediately, not send an email.
Also, what did you do? Pay for a walk-in room, or find another place to stay altogether?
>>
>>1281686
I wasn't able to call, because my phone didn't find network. We took room from another hotel.
>>
>>1281502
Did you use a credit card? If so, issue a chargeback claim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chargeback
>>
>>1281679
were you at the right hotel?
>>
>>1281694
I know it is sometimes hard to cope when you hit an unexpected issue like this, but you could have asked the hotel to let you use their phone, there is always a way and once you have paid for it, you are entitled to the service.

Traveling a lot (and on my own money) has made me quite a pain in the ass to the hotels/airlines I book with. Never to the employees tho, as they are often victims of their establishments policies themselves.

Talking nicely to the guy or gal across the counter often helps finding a way out of a seemingly unsolvable issue.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.