[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australian goes to Guangzhou China (pic)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7304.jpg (165KB, 900x891px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7304.jpg
165KB, 900x891px
Hello, i am a 2nd gen Australian born to chinese parents.
I have decided to go to china to live with my grandparents for an estimates 10 days - 180 days.
The reason i have decided to go is i suspect i have a mental block in Australia due to negative upbringing with toxic extended family and overall environment.
I would like to go to china to pick up new habits before returning to Australia.
So i ask how are the following facilities and services in Guangzhou:
Gym
Basketball coaches (for recreation)
Soccer coaches (for recreation)
Schools/institutions to learn chinese (if it's unfeasible then i will buy some books and bring them to china to learn over there)
Yoga/meditation centres/clubs or whatever you call them

Thank you
>>
>>1280852
>to pick up new habits
you'll probably pick up smoking as one of these habits
>>
>Australian goes to China to learn manners
Oh god, this will be hilarious.
>>
bro, I have some bad news for you.

You're not Chinese. You're Australian.

You were raised in a western democracy style society and that's always going to be what you consider normal, that's your default state. Trying to go back to the homeland and hit a cultural reset button isn't gonna do what you think it will.

The first thing that's going to happen to you when you talk to native Chinese is they're going to ask you, "You're Chinese, why the fuck don't you speak Chinese and act Chinese and do all the Chinese shit we do?"

Because that's what all the Asian countries do to their lost sons. Your experience is not unique.

You were home in Australia. You're an "other" in China. At least when obviously different people like whites or blacks visit, the locals already know why they don't fit. You're just going to be a stealth tourist. They're just gonna assume you're retarded.

If you want to get away from home because you think you have issues from a toxic family, that's fine, but going back to the motherland probably isn't going to do anything for that.

That's the kind of problem you need a mental health professional for, not a plane ticket.
>>
>>1281093
>You're not Chinese. You're Australian.
Too bad so many other Australians disagree with this, and they're apparently full.
>>
>>1280852
anon in gz here
>Gym
very few western lifting gyms, expect to pay for a hundred machines and cardio equipment. prices in center city is quite high
>Basketball coaches (for recreation)
basketball is really popular now, most schools have fields. I see more older (20-35) that watch games on their phones than play for fun.
>Soccer coaches (for recreation)
fewer than basketball, but there is many. it rains or is too hot most days though.
>Schools/institutions to learn chinese (if it's unfeasible then i will buy some books and bring them to china to learn over there)
i recommend private tutoring if you want to learn quick. schools will have courses that spans over 3-6 months and might be difficult to join in. its very easy to find language exchange partners, but its more like dating than studying
>Yoga/meditation centres/clubs or whatever you call them
dont know. may wanna join the dancing grandmas in the parks for an authentic china experience..

>facilities
in general its functioning but very low tier. I play badminton and courts can be broken because they cant afford to fix the roof, so water leaks in while it rains. I never use showers at facilities, too dirty. expect a lot of squatting toilets, smelly places and cockroaches.

it's easy to find alternatives to chose from. gz is huge. use DiDi (uber in china) to get around
>>
>>1281093
He isn't Australian.

An Australian is someone who is Ethnic European and White. He is a Chinaman who will never be considered Australian.

If he goes abroad and people see him they will think "Chinaman" and not "Australian.

If a pig is born in the horse stable it doesn't become a horse, it stays a dog.
>>
>>1281117
>If a pig is born in the horse stable it doesn't become a horse, it stays a dog.
sweet logic there bro, you should post a lot more. seems you have so much of value to contribute to these boards
>>
>>1281117
You give Australia a bad name.
>>
>>1281120
>>1281121

You can act offended all you like but the reality is that when people see an Asian they will never assume Australian.

Asian men are the butt of all jokes in Western society. That's because they are seen as effeminated and weak.
>>
>>1281128
>You can act offended
I'm not asian and I don't really care enough to discuss this. But I like to talk about traveling or living in other cultures. Your discussion fits /pol/ better.
>>
>>1281128
>when people see
You mean "white Aussies that unironically wear shorts". FYI, other people are quite likely to consider Asians as Australians. Especially in light of these numbers, and considering the fact that you people barely have any discernible culture.

Asian Australians
Total population
At least 2,665,814 (2016)
12.25–16.15% of Australian population
>>
>>1281160
The only culture colored people have is their food. They have lost everything else and don't produce anything culturally significant. And of course no one alive today will ever think of a Chinese living in Australia as a native Australian. Native Australians are the white men who built the country and aborigines who have been living in the bushes for centuries.
>>
>>1281120
>>1281121
>>1281131
just report racist trolling and ignore the posters; they have /int/, /bant/, and /pol/ for that kind of stuff, as the mods should well know.
>>
>>1281090
It's like a sitcom script
>>
>>1281117
What do you consider a person born on Australian soil, but is of the ethnicity that was already living there long before the British starting shipping off their prisoners?
>>
>>1281128
>Asian men are the butt of all jokes in Western society.
I was wondering why I've been still seeing jokes made at Asians' expense in today's Hollywood movies.

You can't make fun of blacks, gays, and jews anymore, so I guess Asians are next.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.