[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

North Korea (Korea)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

Anyone ever research this.
What's it actually like. Is the country itself beautiful or shit?

Then what's the people like?
Those holiday packages you can get...how do they work.

Would be cool to go there before USA fucks it up
>>
File: IMG_2622.jpg (96KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2622.jpg
96KB, 600x400px
>>1280797
Just came back this week from a 8 day tour. It was great. Would totally recomend it.
>>
File: IMG_3470.jpg (180KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3470.jpg
180KB, 600x400px
A picture of Pyongyang from the Juche tower.

Nature is vey nice. Pyongyang is a city with huge building, although they are not in the best condition.

People on the countryside are really poor - compareable with south east asia or india.

You are only able to communicate with guides.

Tours are easily to organise and done properly by all them people.
>>
>>1280797
Be aware that at least one tour company is no longer taking Americans to NK, after that poor bastard came home dead after a stint in NK custody.
>>
>>1280912
I was litterally saving up and training to compete in th the marathon and take a your when the announcement came, fuck the government.
>>
>>1280912
What happened?

>>1280828
Did you do it solo or how do you apply for it,or just book through a travel agency?

What's the vibe like?
Seems eerie as hell

Also what was spending money like/overall costs
>>
File: IMG_4497.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4497.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
There is a ban on American citizens going to North Korea, much like the one they had prohibiting Americans of going to Cuba, which will be imposed next month. So if you're from there you should go now.

I was there in 2015 and went with YPT which were the ones that took Otto there, about half a year after I went.

The country looks poor and the landscape has many mountains and fields. So a lot like South Korea without the skyscrapers and technology.
>>
File: 1389654381949.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1389654381949.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>1280797
>before USA fucks it up
Start building icbms you dig your own grave.
>>
>>1280955
Why is it so bad that North Korea wants to keep its country the way it is? Preparedness is important. The US has destroyed so many countries since its inception.
>>
File: Aaa.jpg (406KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Aaa.jpg
406KB, 1200x1600px
>>1280931
>What happened?
Google Otto Warmbier

>>1280931
>Did you do it solo or how do you apply for it,or just book through a travel agency?
It was a solo tour. Means: 1 driver, 2 guides and me. It was a pleasant atmosphere with the guides. They also were curious for things I told them. Like they never saw a picture of Trump. Also had many beers in the evening while playing billard or ping pong.

I paied CHF 4500.- for:
- Flight from Zurich - Beijing - Pyongyan retour
- all Hotels, incl. 2 nights in Beijing (10 nights in total)
- all meals

For me it was a normal price, but I know Swiss people are very spoiled and therefore it is not really compareable.

The only things I had to pay were:
- Souvenirs
- additional Beers for the evening
- additional attending of an orchester (EUR 30)
>>
File: bbb.jpg (84KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
bbb.jpg
84KB, 600x400px
>>1280935
>without the skyscrapers
>>
>>1281004
Thanks man.

That's a lot for one week, but not for 3people for one week as tour guides

Would you recommend it, or was it just a novelty holiday?
>>
>>1280957
Because you must do as the US insists.
>>
>>1281141
I'm not sure how much it will be for 3 people. The travel agency in Switzerland said, that it does not matter, if I will go alone or with a group.

The Company in the DPRK was the korean international travel company (KITC).

I would totally recommend it. Of course you see many things which looks good for the country, but during the drives to other places, you can clearly see how the life on the countryside is. Also It is a completely different world, compareable to nothing else. And yes, sometimes you see things which you can't explain yourself.
>>
>>1281141
I wanted to go frist with this tour from Australia:
http://www.intrepidtravel.com/us/north-korea
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.