[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life in Florence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: firenze.jpg (805KB, 900x593px) Image search: [Google]
firenze.jpg
805KB, 900x593px
Buongiorno! So I'm moving to Florence in a couple of months, will be there for almost a year. Pretty excited for this new adventure in my life. Hoping to get a lot out of it, meet great people, make some close friends. Wondering if any of you have lived there (or are living there now) and could share your experiences.
I'm curious about winter weather and how rainy it might get in autumn/winter (most cold I've felt is a winter in Sydney). Also are there local markets that are better/cheaper than shops? And other general (or not so general) life things you can think of.
Any advice is appreciated :)
Ciao!
>>
>>1280687
self bump
>>
>>1280792
bump?
>>
>>1281122
selfbump
>>
>>1280687
cancel everything
everything is expensive and very crowded
>>
demographic of typical street in centre:
- 60% americans
- 25 % asian
- 10 mexican
- 5 % italian
>>
>>1282357

This really
It's a nice city, I'll write you some info tomorrow, too tired now
>>
You should say, Do you know Florence?
>>
>>1280687
Of you want the est pray love experience then get the fuck out of Florence. It's overcrowded by tourists and tourist traps (wich no offense you are likely to fall into since you had this dumb idea), and really expensive. You either will live in the (extremely dull) poor outskirts, or in the center, where you'll only meet tourists, unsufferable rich kids and the most frigid girls in Italy. I'm sorry to say but you could have chosen litterally any other tuscan hamlet or town to have an experience more genuine than Florence. Siena has one of the highest quality of living index of Italy, Pisa (while still very touristic) is very nice, Lucca is cheaper than it looks and really comfy. If you can still cancel, do some more research.
>>
>>1282355
>>1282357
>>1282558
I appreciate your concern about experiencing the authentic Italian lifestyle but I forgot to mention the reason I am going is not for travel or to experience culture, but for study. I was hoping to get some info on the ins and outs of living there, 'Florentine live hacks' or whatever. As well as get something out of the entire experience other than "congratz, you learned some new things to further your career"
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.