[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting out of your comfort zone and feeling alive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: edge.jpg (60KB, 964x636px) Image search: [Google]
edge.jpg
60KB, 964x636px
This isn't strictly a travel thread, but it applies a lot to situations while travelling -

Does anyone else feel strong desire to do crazy stuff or at least get out of my comfort zone to enjoy everyday life and travelling? My fondest travelling memories come from hitchhiking,couchsurfing and doing crazy things. My trips that were comfortable such as a romantic trip with a GF were also enjoyable, but nowhere nearly as satisfying as the adventures. They really make you feel alive and appreciate life.

I've started to get a bit depressed recently because my friends and a lot of people prefer this comfortable lifestyle/attitude, but I crave some sort of adventure or adrenaline.

Share your stories, advice, recommendations or thoughts on having this sort of mentality.
>>
File: 1380744718322.jpg (422KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1380744718322.jpg
422KB, 1920x1280px
>>1280433
Not gonna lie, travel is a hell of a drug. Even on family trips with parents and siblings to occupy your time, I always found a way to slip through schedule constraints and do stupid shit for the thrills.

I only ever got the same rush of excitement from drug runs and adventures in college, and even then that was short lived.

Best story I can muster was seeing a prostitute in Paris while staying with family. I walked around Rue St. Denis in what looked like an Algerian neighborhood after exiting the metro. Sketchy as hell for the first twenty minutes of wandering. Found my way to the whores on Rue Blondel and got kicked out of a hookers apartment for having insufficient funds.

A little more wandering and I set up with another hooker later that night in her apartment . Decent experience, plus I got to try the local cuisine on the cheap. (Say what you will about Muslims and their terrible memes,but holy shit halal hamburgers are god-tier)
>>
go hike the Pacific crest trail. much more rewarding than any other forms of traveling. cured my terminal autism
>>
Getting out of your comfort zone means being more confident
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.