[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

National September 11 Memorial & Museum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Have you ever been to the National September 11 Memorial & Museum? What's it like? I've seen videos of the lobby with the North Tower's antenna, but nothing else because you're not allowed to film. What's there? I won't be going to NYC anytime soon.
>>
When I visited NYC I bought a city pass (go ahead, tell me I'm not a real traveller, but that was a good way to save money while visiting places on our own) and that museum was included.

We lasted like 15 minutes. Too much drama and shit. Don't get me wrong, what happened there was an awful tragedy and I honestly feel bad for the victims and their families, but I don't see the need of exposing a dirty shoe of someone who suffered the attacks.

Also, everyone knows 9/11 was an inside job.

NYC is absolutely amazing though.
>>
>>1280497
Hello /x/
>>
File: 20170731_042447.jpg (5MB, 6790x1853px) Image search: [Google]
20170731_042447.jpg
5MB, 6790x1853px
I was in New York for a weekend back in April. I visited the museum with my wife. We both are history/education majors and find museums fascinating. If you have an interest in the setup and design of museums than it will be interesting. The museum is designed in a linear style showing the events as they progressed. My favorite area was a room playing audio of interviews that asked people to describe their experience that day or their loved one. That was located below the south tower I believe, below the other one held a large variety of different items that were related to the event. Really just random shit, this section wasn't very interesting. The walk down has a art piece along the wall. There was also a couple of fire trucks damaged in the event.The museum did a good job at being historical and somber. It's worth a visit because of the ethics behind such a museum.
>>
>>1280497
Yeah i used to 100% believe that the government had nothing to do with it. Now i am nor so sure. The CIA has done so much fucked up shit it would not surprise me if in 70 years they admit "lol yeah that was us"
>>
>>1280339
Hi there! Went there last September. Bought tickets online 2 days before. Was no problem. You receive a bar code / qr code via email + sms. You have to choose a time slot and be there 30 minutes prior.

Was no waiting line. In the arrival hall there is a cinama which shows sequences about the events every 40(?) minutes. You start with going downstairs. They have a lot of original real size firetrucks, wreckages, parts of the tower building, etc.

The emotional part is - a previous anon has mentioned it - where you find the tissue boxes. This is the section where they show the film sequence where the ppl jump out of the towers.

Takes about 2h to see all. When you leave you can chill around the two pools which represents the former noth and south tower https://youtu.be/JncEC3vUmeo
>>
Never been, but I've heard that it's a very well-done and tasteful museum. My SO's dad died in the attacks so I have to go with his family eventually; fucking dreading the day and hoping that we can get our hands on some benzos for it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.