[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

City or Country?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: romantic-countryside.jpg (1006KB, 1920x1276px) Image search: [Google]
romantic-countryside.jpg
1006KB, 1920x1276px
When I travel I usually try to avoid cities .
I fly into a major city , get a car and get out as fast as possible.
For you is the city the destination or a means to get somewhere remote?
>>
>>1280071
I'm a cities and towns guy, personally. I like being places I don't have to drive all the time, where I can walk to stuff. I don't mind driving between places (and I mostly dislike driving IN cities), and I don't mind villages/small towns, but I stay in the center of the village in general. I'm not outdoorsy.

There are exceptions--I just spent a week at a rented villa in the countryside in Sicily, 20 minutes drive from the associated city, and it was great. But it was mostly just hanging out by the pool with my kids and their elderly grandparents (my mom and dad), who are not active people.
>>
>>1280077
I too like to be in the center of a small town
>>
>>1280071

depends a bit on your own personality type. loners and introverts will always enjoy running around outside or hiking or exploring to being in the city. extraverts love cities because there are so many people to meet and talk to.
>>
>>1280071

I tend to prefer cities, but I enjoy hiking and camping, too.

I'm from a small town in the Midwestern United States. If I want to grab a drink or food past about 10 o'clock in the evening, it means driving for at least twenty or thirty minutes.

Some of my favorite destinations have been places like Mexico City, Bogota, Mumbai, and Istanbul, just because there's so much to do all throughout the day and night. I'm not an exceptionally extroverted person, but I enjoy having lots of restaurant options and opportunities for people-watching.

Had a fun time exploring some nature in Latin America and South Asia, but I'm pretty meh when it comes to small towns and villages. I get bored after a couple days.

In a Tanzanian village now. It's pretty surreal - all these tiny little paths leading here and there. Everyone gives a greeting whenever I pass, and I get chased by little kids from one place to the next. One of my close friends from home is a Peace Corps volunteer, so the locals are pretty open with me since they know I'm his guest.

I've been here a week and am spending another month here, mostly to save money. It's a very beautiful place, but I wish I had a large enough budget to pack the fuck up and get outta here within another couple weeks.

Already sick of the three or four Rice+X mixtures they eat everyday here. Not blaming them for the lack of variety in food choices, but the monotony has started to settle in somewhat, versus when I was in Mexico City earlier in the month and didn't want to leave for the life of me.

Also starting to appreciate that I've traveled a bit and am sick of being in places where people treat you like an alien for looking different than them. Nice to visit and see for a while, but I think part of the reason I liked Mexico so much is that I didn't have a single uncomfortable encounter with a local the whole time I was there.
>>
>international
usually cities, though i start to get antsy if i'm in cities for more than 8 or 9 consecutive days.
>domestic
usually /out/

californian, fwiw, so i have god tier local /out/, and i hate all my nearby cities
>>
Both. I do bike touring so it's mostly countryside with short stops in cities with interesting stuffs to see.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.