[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Southern Gulf Shores Area

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: JA14GulfportArial.jpg (642KB, 1000x675px) Image search: [Google]
JA14GulfportArial.jpg
642KB, 1000x675px
Am I crazy or stupid to want to live in a gulf city like Biloxi, Gulf Port, Gulf Shores, Mobile, Galveston, Corpus Christi, etc?

I'm currently in Chicagoland which is fine in its own ways but am getting sick of winter, congestion and smog.

These cities I listed offer:
>Cheap living
>Great weather
>Beach/tropic climate
>Good food (for my tastes)
>All have decent amenities nearby..

What am I missing?
>>
Gulf Shores or more east if you don't want brown water.

Personally, I'd choose Texas first and then Florida. Corpus is quite nice, and cheap. No state income tax. Navarre area next.

Skip Mobile, altho I've heard in recent years it's getting revitalized
>>
>>1279936
I know FL is kind of a different animal and culture than the rest of the south but would you include Pensacola as being similar to my listed cities?
>>
>>1279929
Take a road trip along I 10 from texas to fla, You could do it in about 3 days, and you could scout out some cities. MS coast is a pretty cool area. I recommend the Flora Bama for a bar, it's right on the border b/w florida and alabama. The gulf coast has it's own thing going, it's a unique place. Try as much seafood as you can because the local places there really know how to make it. If it's deep fried be prepared for a food coma.

You aren't crazy, there are some really good spots there. Just remember when you find them not to spread the word because that brings in assholes that inevitably change the places for the worst. You might have a hard time finding steady work though.
>>
>>1279949
Last time I was in Pensacola was maybe 12 years ago, so this may be ut of date, but it was a pretty crummy city sitting near some exquisite beaches.

In any of these southern coastal cities, be aware that, more than a half mile or so off the water (which is where you will live unless you have lots of money) it is brutal hot and humid for large chunks of the summer.

ut if you love beaches and are tired of snow, yeah, give it a whirl.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.