[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nightlife

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

File: bar.jpg (12KB, 287x175px) Image search: [Google]
bar.jpg
12KB, 287x175px
What are some good cities for nightlife? Any clubs/lounges in particular that you like?
I'm in New York and even though I live here, I'm also open to suggestions for here as well.

That being said, I'm more likely to visit places within the US in the near future, but I'd also like the hear about other countries as well.

I was recently in Montreal and liked it a lot, but I was with my family so I didn't get the chance to go out as much I wanted to. What are some good clubs there?
>>
>>1279820
Chicago
But it depends on the type of nylife you wsnt
>>
>>1279865
Well, places that are fun (have dance floors), but aren't super pretentious/hard to get into
>>
>>1279820
bump
>>
>>1280337
Baby Backz
>>
Vegas, obviously. The strip and surrounding area is probably the most concentrated bar/club/lounge scene in the US, everything from the divest dive to the highest-end day and night clubs.
>>
Not a big nightlife fan, but I had some fun at the nightclubs in Bogota.
>>
>>1280337
Seoul. Clubs are full of qts and beta males, and not pretentious. If you're white you'll be the center of attention.
>>
File: 2017-07-30 12.26.40.jpg (247KB, 648x451px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-30 12.26.40.jpg
247KB, 648x451px
>>1279820
>>1279820 (OP) #
Buenos Aires was fucking wild.

People get together at their homes to drink and start partying around midnight, they go to the club at 2-3 am and they stay till the club closes which can be 7-8 am or as late as 11 am.

Never seen people with suck fucked up hours... regular dinner is at 10 pm for instance... Argies do everything late.
I don't think they sleep at all.
>>
>>1281053
The problem is that, because thousands of white guys think that they will be the hottest shit on the block, all of them go to Seoul and become another round-eyed face in the crowd of fellow losers that followed that advice.

Don't go to a place riding on your nationality or ethnicity alone (unless you're black)
>>
Do any of those Midwestern and Southern cities (besides obvious places like Miami) have good nightlife scenes?
>>
>>1281428
New Orleans, Nashville, Memphis
>>
>American nightlife

I'm alright thanks.

>have to be 21
>VIP/bottle service/tips/cloakroom for the maximum consumer experience
>there's even a fucking car park sometimes
>>
>>1281435
It's only high end clubs that do the bottle service thing

There are lots of less pretentious options
>>
>>1281435
>have to be 21
>VIP/bottle service/tips/cloakroom for the maximum consumer experience
>there's even a fucking car park sometimes
I can tell you haven't travelled much because many nightclubs around the world have this... it's nothing special.
>>
>>1281277
what time does the sun set there?
I know in England the sun can be setting at close to 9pm, so that can affect the "staying out all night" since most people wait for a couple hours after sunset to go.
>>
File: 1494154833579.gif (2MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1494154833579.gif
2MB, 245x245px
>>1281323
nah, most expats and tourists in seoul have no idea how club scenes work, they usually go to irish pubs or small clubs with a tiny dance floor and a big bar. the massive clubs in seoul are mostly koreans, and if you find out where they are it's a lot of fun. i loved the club scene there, although it ended pretty early some nights and even gangnam could be dead sometimes.

>>1279820
central and south america are the best. the guys aren't insecure and the girls aren't snotty. the drinks are cheap, you will get noticed as a tourist but not in a way that is overbearing. i made some good friends i still keep in touch with clubbing down there, and i usually end up linking up with people from there when i'm overseas. they just know how to have a good time and their only agenda seems to be to have a good time, no passive agressive games or drama.

of course that is mostly in their local discos, not the massive clubs there, so you have to like their local brand of music.
>>
>>1281556
she's a qt
>>
>>1281556
I want to sniff her butt
>>
>>1279820

I live in NYC (assuming that's what you meant)
You should come with me to Output in brooklyn, we'd have fun! One of the best dance clubs out there my dude. Also free shows every week on the roof!
>>
>>1281603
I actually want to go there.

It seems like a cool place except it seems extremely crowded based on the reviews, what's your opinion on that?
>>
>>1281556
>local brand of music.
You mean Despacito and Shakira on constant repeat?
>>
>>1281639
that's what clubs in Colombia play?
>>
>>1281553
It was dark by 7 PM in Buenos Aires.
The latitude is the same as New Zealand IIRC
>>
>>1281604

It depends on what DJs are playing. During a big event, its been pretty packed but luckily there are 3 floors with the 3rd being the roof so you have the option of finding a less packed area.

I usually go for the rooftop shows that are either tues, weds, thurs and sunday. they're free 99% of the time and there is a fantastic view of the manhattan skyline.
>>
>>1282061
Due to my work schedule I can really only go out on Saturday, is it always a "big event" then?

I can deal with it being crowded though if there are some more laid back areas too.
>>
>>1281641
All Latin music sounds the same and it fucking sucks pitbull balls
>>
>>1282149
>All reggaeton sounds the same
Fixed that for you.
It's not "Latin music". It's a very specific genre of Puerto Rican music, an American product.
>>
>>1282123

Yes, Saturdays are usually bigger crowds. Tickets are usually $20-30.
Like I said, if the main floor is packed I usually go to the roof to cool off. There's a bar/lounge up there and seating. Plus you can smoke if thats your thing and talk to cute foreign girls. A looot of europeans go to Output.
>>
>>1281569
>>1281575
do me a favor, when you get bored comment in a thread on /pol/ and post that pic even if it's unrelated. it's pretty funny. she's hot.

>>1281639
>>1282149
you are wrong, there isn't much else to say. you just went to the wrong places. there are tons of different dances in each country with different rhythms. I'm sorry if you know nothing about music so you can't see the pretty obvious differences in samba, bossa nova, tango, etc... and that is just at the local places that are a little more tame. the clubs have djs with edm so there is that too.
>>
>>1282209
>>1282322
But that is all they play in the clubs there. And if it charts on the Latin billboard, it's Latin music. And it all. Sounds. The. Same
>>
File: 1500946973444.png (120KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1500946973444.png
120KB, 500x374px
>>1282415
The same way electronica is all that sounds on the nightclubs in Europe, but it's not "European Music".

Latin American music is salsa and bachata in the Caribbean, corridos in Mexico, cumbia in Colombia, bossa nova in Brazil, tango in Argentina, nueva canciĆ³n in Chile... and rock in Spanish throughout the continent... with great bands like Soda Stereo, Molotov, Aterciopelados, and so on... give it a try anyday.

Nightclub music is garbage worldwide.
>>
>>1282295
I don't mind paying that as long as I don't have to wait in line for an hour.

A surprising number of European tourists are in the know about NYC nightlife.

Any other places in Brooklyn you go to?
>>
>>1282322
do /pol/ autists rage when that gets posted?
>>
>>1282415
do you know what edm music is? And when I was there I would usually go to a local club with local latin music which was always a lot of fun. I'll also mention there are always good looking women there, and people will be patient if you can't dance for shit.

You can hit up a club with edm later, depending on which city you are in they might be big or small, but the atmosphere in that part of the world is just friendlier during the night. That makes it better imo.

>>1282571
yep. just remember not to relate it to your post, just let it sit there by itself without comment, and see how they react.
>>
>>1282572
I want to do that but I hate /pol/ so much that I stopped going on there a long time ago

And what ethnicity is that chick if you happen to know? Dominican?
>>
>>1282578
no idea what ethnicity, sorry. she is indeed hot though.
>>
>>1282587
I can't believe there are actually /pol/ autists who pretend she's beneath them
>>
>>1282594
update, I went on /pol/ just to post that and it's complete stormcuck garbage, is everyone on that board mentally ill?
>>
>>1282542

If you go, arrive early (midnight or beforehand). The line starts building up around 1 and 2am is prime time there. I go around 10pm, chill on the roof and have some drinks and smoke while chatting with clubgoers and then start dancing when the main entertainment goes on. They also have music up top.

I used to go to Shea Stadium before it closed down (RIP), totally different crowd. The DIY Indie type hipster shit.

Bossa Nova Civic Club is also god tier for good dance music, it's in Bushwick.
>>
>>1283017
I planned on getting there around 10, the less I have to wait in line the better.

The only dance club I've been to in Brooklyn so far is House of Yes in Bushwick, and I love it
>>
>>1283063

Nice, did you already buy tickets or still deciding?

House of Yes has been on my watch list for a while now, I'll be going soon for sure.
>>
>>1283470
I'm probably going to buy the tickets tonight, they're only 15 dollars I believe

And yeah check out House of Yes, buy tickets so you can skip the line regardless of what time you show up.

The DJs they've had each time I went have been great. I'm going August 11.
>>
>>1283471

Just checked out the event page on HoY
Are you going to the 7pm event or the 10pm?
>>
I like Berghain quite a bit. The atmosphere and sound system are unparalleled. You must visit if you find an opportunity to travel to Berlin
>>
>>1282572

do you need to speak alot of spanish?
>>
>>1283903

How many times have you gotten in vs. how many times rejected?

and how would you compare it to tresor and watergate?
>>
>>1283899
10PM!

Word of advice, they often require you to dress up for their theme parties, that night included.

You don't have to go crazy though, just make some effort.
>>
>>1281428
Birmingham and Atlanta
>>
>>1283899
Update:

I went to Output tonight and loved it! Unfortunately I was with my lame friend who pretended he had work tomorrow so I didn't stay that long.

I would have made an effort to link up with you earlier, but I didn't wanna say I was meeting up with a guy I met on the internet (and I would understand if you did the same).

That being said, I'll be by myself Friday at House of Yes at 10PM so if you want to meet up, let me know. I think you'd like it, the venue is a little smaller but they have great DJs and a chill crowd. Plus the drinks are a little cheaper. My kik is Lowellc1995

And you weren't kidding about the Europeans! At least half of the accents I heard on the rooftop were European (or Latino or Canadian).

Dope venue, my only petty complaint is that the smoke machine is unnecessary.
>>
>>1284388

Glad to hear you liked it! Did you see KiNK play on the roof? I really wanted to go to that show but have been low on money lately.

Lol I don't find meeting people IRL off the internet weird since I do it all the time with tinder. (I'm assuming you're a guy too which would make it less awkward since it's not a date)

Yeah its great for meeting rich euro tourists who will buy you drinks for seemingly no reason.

I have to reinstall kik, but when I do I'll hit you up to make plans
>>
>>1283903
Ayy I'm in berghain right now
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>1284536
Rodhad was just playing.

Berlin has the best nightlife in Europe.
>>
>>1284095
Nah, it's fun either way. It might be a little hard to make friends though, but you will be fine.
>>
What are some good clubs in Berlin that are easy to get into?
>>
>>1279820
Montreal is the best place in North America to enjoy both Arcade Fire cover bands and meet leggy women who don't wear panties under their skirts even in Winter.
>>
>>1279820
Berlin is unquestionably GOAT for nightlife

I'm in SF and I quite like the nightlife here. Weather is almost always good, people are friendly and like to drink, club scene has gotten much, much better in the past 5 - 10 years and is now on-par with NY imo (fight me)
>>
>>1284777
SF on par with NYC?

Clubs in SF can't even serve alcohol past 2
>>
>>1284694
Montreal probably has the hottest chicks of anywhere I've ever been
>>
Mecca
>>
>>1282976
Everyone on this site has some form of mental illness.
>>
>>1284684
seconded this
>>
>>1284684
The regular tourist traps are easy to get into.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.