[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motorcycle tent traveling? Have you done it? Pro tips are welcome.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMAG0477.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0477.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
Motorcycle tent traveling?
Have you done it?
Pro tips are welcome.
>>
Yes

Make sure to get a big enough bike, tent and your own luggage can struggle to fit easily on lots of bikes.

Also get up some experience first if you have none, driving with weight on the back can make it more difficult for learners and there's a higher chance you may drop the bike.
>>
>>1278981
This is the bike have right now it's no tourer, but has enough power for highway. My only grip is with the wind going over 140 km/h and my butt hurt. Would an aftermarket screen help much? I'm on a student budget and a week of free time. I'm more looking maybe in to what gear to get for camping and riding.
>>
>>1278978
>>1278991
bandit 250 will be plenty powerful enough and is also lightweight which is great.

find a way to securely tie luggage onto your pillion seat. tying things to the plastic fenders alone wont be enough to properly ensure it wont move around or come off. Tying to the pillion footpeg mounts is a good idea, or finding a way to tie down to your rear subframe. From what i can see online, the bandit should have some tie down rails which are welded to the subframe and provide an awesome place to tie down on. Use tie down straps which have a ratchet or a metal lock which allows for you to put a high tension on the strap and make it secure.

As for the tent, makes sure you get a good waterproof tent large enough for 2-3 people, even if you are alone. You might want to bring a friend, or have space to secure your belongings at night. Make sure you invest in an inflatable camping mattress as you will need good rest after riding all day which will fatigue your muscles. Also if you live in a cold climate, buy a good sleeping bag rated well below the lowest temperatures you may encounter.

Otherwise, pack lightly, ensure you take extra water and a backpack that you can keep your expensive items in so you dont have to leave them vulnerable on a bike. Also make sure you have a rain jacket and rain pants large enough to fit over your motorcycle gear so you can ride in the rain without being too uncomfortable.

lastly, dont bother with an aftermarket screen. It will help but only for so much. Just stay at 100kmph and the wind wont be that bad anyway. Spend the money on an oil, oil filter, coolant, brake fluid, spark plug and chain grease change. This will help to make sure your bike is running well and wont leave you stranded.
>>
>>1278978
How do I get into motorcycle?
>>
File: L1003121.jpg (5MB, 1924x2880px) Image search: [Google]
L1003121.jpg
5MB, 1924x2880px
Yep.
>>
>>1280531

Don't pay for camping. You can camp on people's property if you ask nicely, but most places have plenty of open space where nobody will give a shit if you camp away from roads.

If your ass hurts, get a bead mat or airhawk. You'll get used to wind. A small windscreen can go a long way if you really can't grow a set of neck muscles. Or take back roads, they're more fun anyway.

I rode to Alaska from California and down to Costa Rica. Plan to go on to Patagonia.
>>
Yes, it's great in places where there's lots of wild lands and it rarely rains: basically, deserts.
>>
>>1279482
Has enough power for highway speed+
But eats 6,5 liters to 100km at 130hm/h, it's the 400 one but still it seems like a lot for a bike this size.
Good advice anon.
>>1280463
I recommend Karl Friedrichs method.
You basically take your body apart piece by piece, grind them, and run the bike with these along with fuel air mixture.
>>
>>1278978
only bmw boxer engines
>>
>>1280960
what's special about them?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.