[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vancouver BC general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: AdobeStock_134870787-1.jpg (314KB, 1000x628px) Image search: [Google]
AdobeStock_134870787-1.jpg
314KB, 1000x628px
Hi!

I'll be making the drive up to Vancouver BC from Oregon. This will be my second time going. My first time was brief and unsatisfying. I have a few questions though that I was hoping the trv community could help me out with.

My friend and I are planning on camping to save money and just because we like doing so. My first question is, is this a lost cause on a July weekend around this metropolitan area? I was hoping to camp relatively close to the city. Also, is there some sort of difference between American camping and Canadian camping that I should be aware of? Am I basically going to HAVE to make reservations?

Saturday, we are planning to spend all day in the city. Cool stores, Stanley park, lookout skyscraper, and barhopping (we are 20 so figured fucc yeah let's do it). Anything else earth shattering that I should make it my mission to see? If not, we're just gonna go with the flow and explore the city. Any bars to recommend?

Sunday we're gonna wake up early and hike to Garibaldi lake (pic related). Does anybody have experience with this? Or any other better hikes around this area to offer? That one looked like the most majestic

TLDR
>places to camp around Vancouver?
>cool things to see in the city?
>cool nature hikes around the city?
also Vancouver general
>>
OP here, will be checking here daily and bumping. Happy travels :)
>>
File: jericho.jpg (164KB, 1338x350px) Image search: [Google]
jericho.jpg
164KB, 1338x350px
for private campsites, there's one on the rez in north van, and there's one in burnaby, neither are good locations, especially if you want to go out at night, spend like $20 more to stay at the jericho hostel, pic related

garibaldi lake is all the way up to whistler, do you expect to do that, and then drive home on sunday? from vancouver the hike and drive roundtrip is about 9 hours, I'd stay closer and do mt froome
>>
There are plenty of campsites out on Vancouver Island (which, imo, is way chiller and more beautiful than around the city). No idea if you'll need to reserve, I imagine you might have to.

Go out for a day and visit Victoria
>>
You should check out the BC Parks website. discovercamping.com will let you book campsites ahead of time. Camping is really popular here and it can be hard to get sites especially on the north shore/sea to sky country area on weekends. That means Alice Lake and Porteau Cove. I believe you can also book walk in sites for Garibaldi there too that are also quite popular. Close by but out an hour or so east is Golden Ears and Rolley Lake. Both are great campsites that I did a lot as a kid. There is not much difference to American sites in the Cascadia area. All are usually well wooded and offer some hiking and lake swimming. Just be wary of fire bans.
Seymour is a great hike. Do all three peaks. The Chief is a bitch, but the views are worth it.

For bar hopping head over to East Van or Port Moody for all the breweries. The tasting rooms are where it is at. I would also recommend the Tap and Barrel on False Creak. They have a great patio.
>>
>>1278651
>>1278543
>>1278331
Thank you. You three are beautiful souls. You have helped in ways that you never thought were possible.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.