[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best careers that allow you to travel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 20170119_142258.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170119_142258.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
19 years old enrolled in community college
>>
>>1277729
Military.
Everything else is a crapshoot.
>>
I joined the Navy for 4 years and liked it so much I ended up staying for eight.

Went to 22 countries.
>>
Teacher
At least in France you get a 2 month summer break plus a lot of 1-2 weeks breaks
>>
The jobs that allow you to travel are either shitty jobs, or they send you to shitty places.
>>
Probably the military but you don't really get to go where you want.

I'm on the fence right now about it. I've starting putting together a packet for OCS (Officer candidate school) but I'm also 25 and I've been thinking about if I want the remainder of my 20's to be in the service or if I can just get a good job abroad in finance and travel on my own dime.

I want to join up but God damn dude, American military contracts are just long.
>>
>>1277745
Wrong.
>>
>>1277742
Agreed. International schools or professor gigs overseas are highly coveted and people that get the jobs never leave. High vacation, meaningful work, depending on your expertise potentially good money.
>>
>>1277780
I'm thinking about learning a language while in college and then become a ESL teacher in Europe. I don't know any other careers I could have overseas.
>>
>>1277729
>IT
>ESL
>Military
>Construction
>Nurse

ESL is the surest thing. Military is more like living in a convent these days, you get to live abroad but you will have some pretty intense restrictions.
>>
>>1277798
Europe is not Korea or China. Most countries have established traditions of foreign language eduation

In order to teach at a school there you need at least a master in teaching and foreign language education.
>>
you can teach all over Asia and most developing countries with any 4 year degree, your innate whiteness, and maybe sometimes a TEFL certificate.

The real question is how you get out from under college debt.

Teaching in Korea is great for paying down your student loan, but Seoul can get to be a drag pretty quick.

Teaching in more interesting, less developed countries is more rewarding, except monetarily, so you'll never break even on that student loan.

So if you want to bum around places like South East Asia and Latin America for 6-12 months at a time, figure out something that's gonna pay off your degree first, because your little 500 dollar a month job in kerblekistani pesos or monopoly money or whatever the fuck they give you is gonna be great for buying beer and keeping a roof over year head, but it isn't gonna keep that 6 percent Sallie Mae loan from eating you alive.

If you're a girl and in any way attractive at all, you should be stripping or webcamming your way through college so you can graduate debt free. Then you can just own that degree free and clear and fuck off to whatever equatorial jungle you want to go find yourself teaching English to the natives.

Sorry bros, no easy out for us. We gotta work it off.
>>
>>1277763
you'll also basically be a merc for corporate shills who need weapons and men to hold them so that their foreign holdings don't slip away from them

sorry

I mean you'll secure democracy and a better tomorrow for the USA

Join if Best Korea decides to pull some shit.

Otherwise, you're selling yourself like a prostitute for an entity that is pretending to be the peacekeeper it was 70 years ago.

sage for my edgy shitpost

but seriously, the military is a sad machine for brainwashing well-meaning men
>>
US Air Force Loadmaster on C17As. Just spent a week in Venice followed by two in Alaska and Australia with many days off that's just the last two months. Best decision of my life. Just gotta deal with well with the stress that comes from military life
>>
>>1277814
>stress
>airforce
>>
>>1277814
I keep hearing loadmaster is a dope job, but how does it translate into civilian life? And isn't it an enlistee job only?

I have my degree and I don't see the point in passing on the opportunity to commission if I can, better pay, better bennies etc.

How old are you anon?
>>
>>1277814
Loadmaster is the only career I'd take if I were to join the military but my eyesight isnt good enough
>>
Erm, President or Prime Minister or other high ups in govt would be good. Best hotels/places you can't normally stay like wealthy dictators' palaces. That's my goal, anyway.
>>
Work on a cruise ship lol
>>
On a related note to work and travel, you guys know how hard it is to become an air hostess? I know someone training for it and it's really competitive and you have to meet so many requirements for it (even things like arm length). It shocked me to be honest.
>>
Jobs where you work hard as fuck for a while in the middle of nowhere and then take time off. Oil rigs, outback mining, etc. You might be working only half the year (but a years worth of hours) and can travel in the time off, and have plenty of money to do so.
>>
File: soviet.jpg (86KB, 1087x800px) Image search: [Google]
soviet.jpg
86KB, 1087x800px
Serve or bartend for 6 months (this applies only in burgerstan) and travel for 6 months. Lots of people do this in the industry. I plan to work my ass off until january and then fuck off to south america until may
>>
File: 1495999127756.png (170KB, 382x346px) Image search: [Google]
1495999127756.png
170KB, 382x346px
>>1277805
> student loan
> ever
>>
Diplomat, consultant, etc.
>>
>>1278049
Diplomat is pretty terrible you only go to one one country and you're stuck there for a very long time oh and you have no choice of what country it is
>>
>>1277818
Kek
>>
>>1278044
You're right, but I didn't know shit when I was 18.
>>
>>1277799
>IT
Definitly this,
Gona try to find some remote dev jobs. Then everything is possible.
>>
>>1277805
>If you're a girl and in any way attractive at all, you should be stripping or webcamming your way through college

This honestly, I knew a moderately attractive girl who stripped and owned 3 houses across the country by the time she was 23.
>>
Programming in a high-demand specialization.

My recommendation right now would be learn how to write Ethereum smart contracts for ICO's. There are tons of companies and rich entrepreneur's trying to create their own digital currency since they've seen the Bitcoin and Ether prices skyrocket. You can find lots of work on job sites running at $125/hr sometimes.

It sounds complicated but if you already have some basic programming skills, it's fairly easy. Most of the code for creating tokens and issuing them are open-source and easy to copy. The language you use, Solidity, is very similar to JavaScript but still new so fairly simplistic. If you've got $1300 to spare, you can take a 9-week developer's course that certifies you at B9: https://academy.b9lab.com?afmc=40. (Shameless affiliate plug) If you don't have $1300, you could also check out $10 courses on Udemy.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.