[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russian Visas???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: fuck this shit.png (58KB, 535x535px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this shit.png
58KB, 535x535px
This whole process is overly complicated. Can any of you Anons help?

>American citizen
>living in the UK with a PO Box and not an actual address
>unsure of what exactly I need to get a Russian visa, there's too much conflicting info

From what I gather, I need
-Travel insurance (can I get this from USAA, or do they want me to use some Russian provider?)
-Letter of Invitation (have it, with booking info)
-Visa Application

I then call the embassy, bring this to them, and they approve it, all me up, and I get a sticker in my passport. Is this right?
>>
>>1277291
Insurance doesn't have to be Russian, USA insurance that covers Russia is perfectly fine.

You may have to fill out a list of questions and add the printed version. I know I have to as a EU citizen. Personally have always used a visa service company to avoid bureaucratic nightmares associated with the embassy here.
>>
>>1277291
Looking for some answers as well, as I am interested in going to Russia next summer to meet some native russian friends
>>
>>1277395
>looks for answers
>doesn't post questions
retards, everybody
>>
Update: Travel insurance isn't too hard. At Good Mood Hostel, when you book a room, you can also get a Letter of Invitation. In the email it notifies you that you need to also get insurance, and gives an option. It isn't much at all, I'll just do that.

Still trying to figure out the complication of using a PO Box as an address but I'll probably call them this week. Will post simplified guide here for anyone who's interested if I manage to get my shit in order
>>
>>1277537
it's hardly that complicated, especially since you already got the invitation letter. I'd expect the website of the embassy you're applying in to have the list of necessary paperwork to bring... But you already know the list - only thing that you didn't mention is a recent photo of you for the visa, which is to be expected.

you'll go there with necessary papers and your passport, they will take your passport, and within a couple weeks you'll return and get your passport with a visa inside it.

Your experience may vary of course, i applied for russian visa in a different country.

Lets be honest with ourselves, this is primarily complicated for you because your current residence isn't properly... documented. This problem is not a Russia thing at all, it's a UK and you thing.
Apply as any other American would, ignore your status in UK during application if possible.
>>
Mail your shit to the Visa ILS in New York..... they will send it to Embassy and get it processed and back to you, ignore being in UK your an American thats travelling ;)

If you want a 3 year visa this is also the easiest way to get it, through them. Its a clusterfuck to try and do it on your own, just pay the $320 and the "extra fees" to fix your documents they charge. Good luck!

I have posted so many times to help others get thier visa to Russia, and i remember your situation, its not as easy but doable.

For anyone else, just read "Way to Russia" guide, its so straight forward. Notice now "registering your visa" is obsolete and not needed..... Airbnb hosts will NOT register you anyways in my experience

If you stay at hotel they will do it, but when you leave Russian immigration doesnt even look at it. They just care about Migration card (half torn paper they hand you when you enter)

>>1277395
You People need to do basic reasearch on this, or it needs to be made a sticky with complete detailed information. (Not OP, his situation is unique)

Honestly dude, will you even go "next year"? Likely no.
>>
>>1277291
Yeah don't worry, it really is all about money. Apply as an US citizen, bring the right stuff, pay and you will most likely get your visa. They don't even care if the invitation is "real" or if it covers the whole duration of your stay.

And as >>1278032 said, don't bother with registration, you will most likely be received with sighs and angry looks by the people in charge of doing it. Even hostels stopped doing it because it's such a hassle for something even border control doesn't give a fuck about
>>
>>1278114
>>1278032
The main reason I'm worrying my ass off is that I'm active military. I'm worried they'll detain me saying, "Your application lists American, but your papers and card are under a UK address! SPY!" And the last shit I want to do is have to deal with is being in a Russian jail.

Calling the visa website tomorrow.
>>
>>1278114
The border control doesnt even ask..

If you have it they just throw it back at you and say "keep"

I didnt register at all any time i have went, there is really no need, i stressed about the first time, but its a joke.

>>1278149
On th online application it asks specifically if you are millitary or have millitary training, or handled nuclear assigned duties or training i beleive....

I do not think they will assume you are a spy honestly... its kinda a far stretch, if the KGB (FSB) is watching you, let them watch.

I think they mainly just ask millitary so they get a better idea of your job history and travel history, if you regularly visit enemies of Russia, and neither UK nor USA are enemies

You got nothin to worry about travel wise, just a slight hiccup with documents logistically
>>
>>1278213
Sounds cool, just want to make sure I have everything in order. I've heard the stories about military getting held and questioned for a few hours, but never actually detained or anything. I'm not high ranking or important to anything really, but there's always that voice in the back of my head, "Spooky KGB gonna get you!" I assumed security would be tighter, but it sounds like it's gotten lax
>>
>>1278149
Oh okay
Honestly Russian administration (especially border control) felt like they don't give a fuck anymore. But like not in a bad way, just like "cold war is over, welcome to my country". You'll be fine

>>1278213
Yeah same! First time I was really scared too, I thought I'd be detained or at least delayed by having to pay some fine, but the border control lady didn't even ask anything. They only care if you have the official visa
>>
>>1278567

Russian airport workers are just like American ones.they all seem bored out of their minds and like they hate their jobs.

On the plus side there are usually cute chicks walking around in their uniforms compared to the fat black chicks you get here.

They don't tend to ask you much though, unlike the germans who want to know where and when you took a shit every day for the last two years

You'll probably get papers pleased at least once while entering a tourist area or metro station.
>>
>>1278595
Ooohhhhhhh goddddddd, the girls in those flight attendant uniforms are all so cute.....

Do miss it alot! Good thing i will be going back in 2 months
>>
>>1278213
>if the KGB (FSB) is watching you, let them watch
The target has spent the last 4 days in his hostel dorm browsing a cartoon imageboard. He has only left the room to buy snacks and cans of mountain dew from the vending machine. We will take him in for questioning ASAP...
>>
So another stupid question

>paperwork says get visa authorized in 10 days
>I'm only there for 4

Should I just take a taxi to the post office or not bother?
>>
>>1278595
Russian women are the best
>>
>>1279472
until they are 30
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.