[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ryanair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 4191.jpg (11KB, 258x192px) Image search: [Google]
4191.jpg
11KB, 258x192px
Please help clear something up for me regarding Ryanair. So I want to fly to Berlin and on the cheapest option I get one laptop bag + one 50cm wheelie bag / small shit whatever. So I add another 15kg bag for additional fee. That 15kg bag - what are its dimensions, does it go into the hold or the overhead rack, what?

Any tips regarding this shit airline would be welcome, their site made it as unclear as possible and I don't want to talk to their third world representative. I suppose I also need to pay up for priority boarding?
>>
File: omicky.jpg (152KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
omicky.jpg
152KB, 1024x768px
Ryanair is not shit. What you pay for is what you get, and for the prices, they are very reasonable.

As a passenger, you get the following for free.

1x bag at 55 x 40 x 20cm. Max, 10kg.
1 x bag at 35 x 20 x 20cm.

You've paid for a bag which will go in the hold. Max 15kg. 81x 119 x 119 cm

For the price you paid, you get a seat on a flight that'll take you around Europe for (if you're buying at the right time) a stupidly good price. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ryanair like to play by the rules. Learn their rules and play by them. There is *minimal* room for compromise. Be polite. Don't fuck with them and you're good.

And be prepared for the bare min for the flight. Like I said, you get a seat. Eat before you fly, maybe a drink, and don't expect anything other than your seat.

Play by their rules, and you've got a bargain. Try anything else, and you're in trouble.

OH! And don't be an arsehole to the staff. They deal with a lot more shit than we'll probably ever have to so they know exactly how to handle a difficult customer. They've probably flown between three different countries that day before they have to deal with your bag being a few cm to big for the hold. They're tough. Ryanair staff are normally new to the game, and they're are in the perfect place to learn about the worst passengers can offer.

Anyhow. Have a great flight!
>>
File: thinkmick.jpg (22KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
thinkmick.jpg
22KB, 620x388px
And priority boarding is a waste of money. Anything other than the seat you paid for is a waste of money (excluding necessary baggage).

This man has run Ryanair for a long time. He's a travel god. Read these quotes below from him to get an idea of the airline you'll be flying with.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/shortcuts/2013/nov/08/michael-o-leary-33-daftest-quotes
>>
>>1277101
Why are you using a DSP detractor picture?
>>
>>1277239
Thank you, I have no idea why they didn't clearly say that the additional bag goes in the hold nor did they give the precise dimensions when you add it. They also have 20kg option.

>>1277247
Because that guy has top tier animation/expression skills
>>
File: IMG_2987.jpg (41KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2987.jpg
41KB, 200x200px
>>1277239
>this shill post and reddit spacing
>>
>>1277268
You got a cheaper way to travel, bub?
>>
>>1277239
Nice corporate shill, especially obvious is this line:

>Ryanair like to play by the rules. Learn their rules and play by them
>>
>>1277497
WizzAir lol I flew with them from Berlin to Budapest for 19 bucks
>>
>>1277497
Interrail when you are EU citizen
>>
>>1277101
You can take 2 things on a flight, not 3 unless you're first class and they're looking the other way, or you're buying a second seat for your cello or something like that.

There are airlines that charge for carryons now. But, the general consensus is that you can get a bag above you in the bin (which fits that airlines overhead dimensions, not an inch larger). After that, you can have your personal item in its entirety together in one bag, at your feet clogging up your legroom. If the flight is full, they can force you to check your overhead bag, but not whatever fits at your own feet.

People get away with the third item/personal item you see sometimes, because they can quickly stuff it inside of the underseat carryon as they walk past the gate agents. If you can put a purse or laptop inside your underseat carryon, be that a backpack or something, then you aren't supposed to have a third item at all. This personal item is such a misunderstood notion because it could be a folding umbrella, medical device or something that they wouldn't count, but the space is paramount to an airline. Anything you shouldn't have out at takeoff/landing better fit under your seat, inside that bag, period.

One tip with "shit airlines" as you describe them is that they are used to dealing with angry passengers. Their whole business model is fees. Don't argue or be loud about any favors given to you. It is illegal for them to lie on weights and balances forms, and they are also carrying cargo, so nothing is going to happen for free. It just isn't. Know that how much you pay depends on you declaring everything up front and paying the smallest fee for it online. Do it in person at the curb, or the gate, you can pay more, a lot more on some of these fees-based airlines. Bring your own snacks, buy your 2 liter water in the terminal after security, etc.
>>
>>1277505
That's about on par with Ryanair then. Also they are even more Jewy about luggage.

>>1277510
>(((Interrail)))

Because you love spending 10+ hrs on a train 5 times per month, in one country, for 500 bucks?
>>
>>1277518
>>1277239
What's this "don't be loud and play by the rules" shit? So much passive agression.
>>
You could not pay me to fly ryanair they will try and fleece you all the way.
Plenty of other low-cost carriers.
>>
>>1277521
How can they fleece you when you have the exact rules stated while you apply and all fees included in your bill?
>>
>>1277525
>How can they fleece you when you have the exact rules stated while you apply and all fees included in your bill?
It's a little deceptive and over reaching in fees, doesn't mean he shouldn't use the term "fleece" to describe the business practices. These airlines rely on people who are infrequent flyers to not read fine print and pay a fee that then costs them no bargain at all over competitors, or even more. That's fleecing. In the US, they had to pass a regulation to include fees and taxes so that inexperienced people know their exact fare. Doesn't mean airlines like american don't hide the ability to prepay your baggage fee until the point of check-in, though.

It's still pushing the limits of fair and accepted business trade practices, just this side of it.
>>
You don't have to an experienced traveler to know how to read. If you want more than a flying bus Lufthansa, AirFrance, KLM etc. will be happy to help you.
>>
>>1277520
Because it's an airline run by a cunt which leads to trickle down cuntonomics.

Don't fuck with them.
>>
There is also an almost accidental genius to their preferred airports. Stansted, Beauvais, Eindhoven etc. are all massively easier to deal with than their more central counterparts. If you're just hitting the cities it's a little annoying that you have to travel so far, but for travelers interested in the countryside they are vastly superior options at dirt cheap prices.

If I never have to deal with CDG again I'll die a happy man.
>>
>>1277268
>>1277504
Would a shill say something like:
>priority boarding is a waste of money. Anything other than the seat you paid for is a waste of money (excluding necessary baggage).
>>
>>1277268
>reddit spacing
>something that has been around online forums & message boards since the 90s is now apparently Reddit
>>
>>1277521
flown Ryanair a dozen times (even bringing a musical instrument inside the cabin) and never had to pay a fee... Maybe I'm lucky, but probably i'm just not an illiterate idiot who complains about his own mistakes and blames the company after the fact.
>>
>>1277239
>They deal with a lot more shit than we'll probably ever have to
They have to deal with the worst kind of customer... Cheap fucks who think the world owes them mountains.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.