[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Hanover safe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

Only people who have been through Hanover/surrounding cities or are German born, please.

I'll be traveling to Hanover soon, is it safe? How has migration affected the place and should I worry about crime/keep an eye out? Are the migrants who have arrived fine or are they causing problems?

If any Germans are offended, I apologise but I would rather ask in advance than not do so.
>>
>>1277063
you're fine as in any other German city. Maybe don't be piss drunk at 2AM wearing your rolex and waving around with a full wallet in an dark alley. if you can avoid doing that, you're gonna be fine
>>
>>1277063
Have Aunt and cousins in Germany as well as lots of friends living all over the country.

It's still pretty safe if you happen to be a dude. But things have changed alot.

The migrants are a very real problem anywhere they congregate.
Germany, despite being amazing at keeping records is going through that funny phase that Sweden is going through where they don't report shit that brown people do wrong.
There's alot more bad stuff going on in terms of assaults, sexual assaults, theft and what not then Germany would boast about.

Just avoid big groups of people who are not German.
Turks won't bother you, but anyone else just might.
>>
>>1277063
Its fairly safe. Just not Munich kind of "safe".
Just dont expect to feel safe around central station at 2 in the night. Even ugly women have probelms there.
>>
>>1277080
you know your country gets culturally enriched when you can't even walk around at 2am in a city anymore without being robbed or sexually molested.

t. eastern europe
>>
I live in Chicago, widely considered the most dangerous large city of the western world, and I can take a walk whenver I want. Sad to see the same cannot apply to Germany.
>>
>asks for /pol/ memes
>gets /pol/ memes

Stop trying to ask opinions of retards who have never even been to Europe. Half of these morons couldn't even point out Germany, much less Hannover, on a map.
>>
>>1277063
im from germany mate, lets meet up!

hannover is safe, just avoid the districts vahrenheide, roderbruch and partly stöcken. though as a tourist you have no reason to go there anyway^^
>>
Completely safe.
>>
No OP, don't bother going mate, they'll target you when they realise you're an absolute fucking plonker.

I've been to Hamburg, Cologne and Düsseldorf in recent months and barely even saw a non-white person, never mind roving gangs of them. The German migration crisis isn't ideal but it's not apocalyptic like how some people would attempt to depict it.
>>
>>1277144
>>1277128
>I've been to Hamburg, Cologne and Düsseldorf in recent months and barely even saw a non-white person, never mind roving gangs of them.
I have seen people shit on the street, I was threatened with a knive, people tried to break into my house, female friends cant walk back from the station without some groping, even small local festivals are canceled because nobody can pay for the abstruse security measures or barricaded with check points, and so on.

Its not a meme, and I live in a region where we dont have that much foreigners.
Back in 2014 I could leave my house in July and even at 2am there would be women doing sports and shit.
Now you wont a group of girls, unless theres at least one guy with them during the night.
>>
>>1277128
Says the faggot who doesn't know what he's talking about. These aren't /pol/ memes this is reality. Northern and Western Europe have turned into fucking shitholes because "MUH REFUGEES, MUH MUSLIMS" literally almost entirely a bunch of men of fighting age, single, no education, shitty culture, no skills, violent etc. etc. have been poured into the bastion of humanity by the fucking millions. It's a hellhole right now.
Whether you like it or not.

t. A fucking European
>>
>>1277223
Been to Germany twice in the past 2 years.

Last fall in Koln, where all 3 days there were are large group in black robes standing outside the cathedral holding signs for implementation of sharia law.

In Berlin it seems at every train stop you're swarmed by Africans trying to sell you drugs. I saw one guy in broad daylight smashing a bike lock with a metal pipe on skalitzer str.

I would still go back to Germany in a heartbeat but the people who say these things are memes are completely delusional.
>>
Hannover isn't a bad place. It's a working class town. It's fairly new since it was almost completely destroyed during the war.
>>
>>1277063
>I'll be traveling to Hanover soon, is it safe? How has migration affected the place and should I worry about crime/keep an eye out? Are the migrants who have arrived fine or are they causing problems?
Migrants aren't causing any problems because they get to live in hotels (e. g. right across the city hall) and recieve plenty gibs. It's just probably a bit more safe than other major german cities since it's not widely known and not popular enough that people want to move there for non work-related reasons.

t. german that lived in hangover some time
>>
>>1277063
Kill yourself.
>>
>>1277204
As a European, I can assure you that this is absolute bullshit. Don't believe stuff like this

If you're afraid of going to fucking Germany, you should not travel anywhere.
>>
>>1278018
I will the day you get your wifes boyfriends dick out of your mouth :^) so never
>>
I'm a Japanese who lived in Germany for five years. My father who also lived in Germany when he was young, was shocked how it changed to the bad when he visited me. At any central station you are surrounded by shady people who look like criminals or junkies. Also it smells like piss everywhere.

I moved back to Japan because I seriously was too afraid of leaving the house at night. I know Japanese who got robbed at night. Also many other reason. The work culture is great but everything else? Absolute shit.
>>
File: 1480702845363.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1480702845363.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>>1278026
>Is too much of a giant fucking sissy faggot to go to a town like Hanover
>still tries to play the tough guy with unoriginal remarks.
>>
Don't come, it's not safe, I'll be punching every american in the face just in case it's OP.
>>
Do we live in the same universe ? I recently spent 2 weeks in Berlin and Hamburg, and I felt safe as fuck. The most "dangerous" situation I have been in was when I talked to a weirdo in Kreuzberg at night, and even though he seemed a bit angry at times, it wasn't directed at me or anyone else so he was basically harmless. I was literally drunk every other day and nobody bothered me. Quite the contrary actually, Germans are very kind.
If you are afraid to go to fucking Germany or unable to use common sense, I'm sorry but traveling isn't for you. The only way to make sure you won't ever be harmed is to lock yourself in your basement.
>>
>>1277119
pretty sure you couldn't do that in the first place
i guess it depends on the area

t. southeastern europe
>>
>>1277063
>Is Hanover safe?

Germany is generally much safer then any place in America. Hannover is one of the safest mayor cities in Germany.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFp9Y9i_xMA

being involved in an traffic accident is way more likely them becoming a victim of crime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lFE4Nos-eo
>>
>>1278121
It's a hit or miss. Europe ain't what it used to be. Is it generally safe? Of course. Are there areas that have become nasty and dangerous to be in? Yes.

Common sense is key. I think more than anything people are arguing against the idea that it's still incredibly nice everywhere. Because it's not.
>>
>>1278178
>Europe ain't what it used to be
Since when ? I lived in France all my life (25 years) and not much has changed in this regard.
There are always been Africans living here since our former colonies got their independence. Paris always got its share of criminals since the industrial revolution at least.
As a tourist, there is no reason you should end up in the dangerous suburbs of European cities. They are far from the centers, and there is nothing to see there except shitty tower apartments in decay.
It's funny how /pol/yps always refer to a perfect idyllic past that never existed, and moreover, how afraid they are of everything while at the same time LARPing as tough guys on the internet.
>>
>>1278103
That isn't me
>>
Reminder to report the /pol/tards and not feed them. In particular one prolific shitposter is easy to recognize. He always shits up every Germany thread. He's a 2nd generation self-hating immigrant in Germany who always makes up stories of the worst kind about how Germany is a warzone full of muslims.
>>
>>1277235
Post pics of those black robes asking for sharia law.
>>
>>1278362
/pol/ is always right
traitors will be the first to hang on the DOTR
>>
Hanover is a great and safe place to live in.

Visit the Herrenhäuser Gärten, the Town Hall and Linden, by bike at best.
For clubbing, go to Faust or DAX. You can find great bars in Nordstadt, near University. If you like drinking craft beer, go to Craft Beer Kontor on Fridays, there you can get in contact with locals the easiest also.
Currently we have Schützenfest, which is like a smaller Oktoberfest, make sure to drink Lüttje Lage there (pic related)

As >>1277137 said, avoid going to Varenheide. Stöcken and Roderbruch are safe.

If you should have any more questions, feel free to ask

t. Guy who spent his whole life in Hanover
>>
>>1278900
What should I do there when it's always raining?
>>
>>1278208
Buddy Paris is fucking filthy and filled to the absolute brim with third world trash.
>>
>>1279020
Depending on what you like:
If you enjoy contemporary art, you should definitely visit Sprengel museum, which offers a broad collection of surrealistic art (especially from Kurt Schwitters).
If you like history, I'd suggest you go to the Historc Museum of Hanover, which is about the city's history, or if you'd like to know something about Nazis in Hanover, go to Gedenstätte Ahlem/Ahlem memorial site, which used to be an outpost of Bergen-Belsen (but I don't know if the signs are in English).
The Landesmuseum has a rather scientific focus but offers a broad variety of exhibitions.
Aside from that, you could go to Sea-Life, which used to be a tropical greenhouse and now focuses on the aquatic life in the tropics.

A bit far off is Marienburg Castle (pic related), the Holiday refuge of the Hanovarian Kings, which is definitely worth visiting.
>>
>>1279035
Also, a visit to the New Town Hall is almost mandatory. Make sure to go up the dome (with its one-of-a-kind parabolic lift) you'll have a great overview of Hanover from there. In the basement, there is a small exhibit about Hanover's cityscape over the centuries.

Also, it's supposed to stop raining on Friday.
>>
>>1277080
>they don't report shit that brown people do wrong
then how do you know of it? those people.

OP, the only problem in Germany is the rise of the dumb people as you can see here.. They finally understood how to post on the internet.
>>
>>1277235
>swarmed by Africans trying to sell you drugs
lol
>>
>>1279044
The only ones who need reporting are the /pol/tards like him.
>>
>>1278027
Please use your designated suicide forest
>>
Was there for a couple of days a month or two ago and seemed alright. Didnt get mugged or threatened. Dont let /pol/ tards scare you too much
>>
>>1277204
Bullshit
>>
>>1279466
Just ignore those nonsense posts. There's a couple of obsessive /pol/ types who try to derail threads on Western Europe whenever they're around. Mods are useless on this board so we just have to show some discipline and ignore them.
>>
>>1279481
Sometimes they do get deleted if enough people report them.
>>
Is OP still there on Saturday? Maybe we could go for a beer/pub crawl
>>
>>1278900
>t. Guy who spent his whole life in Hanover
me too mate we should meet! calenberger neustadt herrenrasse reporting in
>>
>>1279533
>Is OP still there on Saturday? Maybe we could go for a beer/pub crawl
now we got a few people from hannover here as it seems. lets do a 4chan meetup <3
>>
>>1279662
>>1279663
I'm in. Saturday evening unterm Schwanz?
>>
File: 1500141538541.jpg (68KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1500141538541.jpg
68KB, 650x650px
Bumperoni
>>
>>1279801
>I'm in. Saturday evening unterm Schwanz?
ok like 6 pm/18:00?
>>
>>1280199
btw im 1279662 AND 663^^

but there should be more than us two
>>
>>1279485
This, if people on here see suspiciously agenda based posts that don't exactly add up to reality, hit that report button
>>
>>1280200
I'm afraid not, but we'll see.
I don't have time at 18:00, I'd suggest we meet around 19:30
>>
>>1280393
sorry mate i was looking for a meetup of several people. not gonna meet a single person, too risky of a time investment
>>
>>1277223
t. American
>>
File: 1485997151539.jpg (128KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1485997151539.jpg
128KB, 1080x1349px
>>1280510
Aight if ya say so. I share your opinion, you never know who's behind the screen. Nice to know I'm not the only /trv/ller in Hanover
>>
>Machete-wielding man 'screaming Allahu Akbar' kills one person and injures several others during rampage in Hamburg supermarket

ah yes, diversity
>>
>>1280541
>>1280510

In case you should change your mind, here's my Discord: @Sundew#4326
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.