[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/JAX/ /Jacksonville/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1525.jpg (161KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1525.jpg
161KB, 1440x900px
I'm a New Yorker thinking of moving to Jacksonville. Anything I need to know, places to visit, etc?
>>
>>1276780
Its a pretty mediocre city desu. It appears to be some sort of diamond in the rough from afar, but up close its just a generic, millenial and hippy pandering city.
>>
>>1276780
Y tho? There's much better cities in Florida/Georgia if that's where you're looking to go. Jacksonville honestly doesn't have much going for it
>>
>>1276887
>>1276837
I was thinking Jacksonville because it seems to be a chill southern city, it was voted one of the most conservative cities in the country, and the weather is perfect (minus the hurricanes, still better than blizzards though)
>>
>>1276780
>goin to Jacksonville.
I started laughing when I read that. There is no reason for this course of action.
>>
>>1276921
Why? What's wrong with it?
>>
>>1276954
Jax native here. There's really not much to look at or do here compared to anything else. The main economies here are the Navy Base (NAS) and all the hospitals. Most of the stuff to do is on the South Side but be warned, once it's 4 pm the traffic is unbearable until about 7:30 pm or 8. Downtown is mostly dead but the Landing and the Prime Osborne Center tend to have nice stuff from time to time. Beaches are where young people go to party and the immigrant community is rather varied so you have quite a few options to look at. Not to mention we have the best Masjid in North Central Florida with an ever growing community.
>>
>>1276980
So I'm thinking of opening a bar down there (way more business friendly than NYC) would I have a tough time or no?

Also I doubt the traffic is nearly as bas as New York. The only places that come close are la, Chicago, San Fran, and Honolulu
>>
>>1276919
>most conservative cities in the country

What does this even mean? It's a city so it's going to be more liberal on average. Also how does this even make a difference? Boulder is a liberal city and a great place to live.
>>
>>1276987
I just spent 3 days in Jax. Hated it. Traffic was more of a goatfuck than when I was in NYC over the summer. It is a pain in the fucking balls to get a liquor license in FL. Health inspectors are fucking nazis also.
>>
>>1276987
If you can get a license (which are limited and monopolized) you're guaranteed business for life.

Perhaps but unlike New York or Chicago there's no public transport to mitigate the sheer amount there is. Though traffic is mainly limited to the Navy base (Roosevelt Blvd) and the i-295 SB and JTB (the south side) otherwise traffic is bearable
>>
File: IMG_1222.png (716KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1222.png
716KB, 1536x2048px
>>1277051
It means it tends to vote republican. Duval county as a whole tends to vote republican in elections. I've lived by whole life in one of the most liberal cities in the country. It's time to be with my own people
>>
>>1277074
Well, I don't think Heath inspectors can be as bad as in ny. They show up at random and if your windows aren't properly cleaned they give you a B rating and your business suffers just because your windows weren't crystal clear
>>
>>1277051
The amount of rednecks and trailer trash on the west side vote in every election even though they make reforms that are necessary to improve traffic and business next to impossible because they're afraid of being taxed. I'm Duval county a trailer is not considered as a house so you don't have to pay tax on it
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.