[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My gf and me are starting a 3 to 4 week camping trip through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-Baltic_states_regions_map.png (97KB, 250x348px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Baltic_states_regions_map.png
97KB, 250x348px
My gf and me are starting a 3 to 4 week camping trip through the baltic countries soon. I have some backcountry experience and ive done a year of travelling alone in New Zealand and 1 month of interrail through france and spain. We plan on just sleeping outdoors most of the time since freedom camping is legal in most places in the baltic area.
The thing is shes never done a trip like this and since ive been travelling alone and im a guy I dont know what she should pack for femaly hygiene n stuff. So if any femanons are here any tips would be highly appreciated :)
Also cool stuff to see in the baltic area people may not know of?
And people who have experience hitching rides there? We're packing a russian language guide just in case, but ive heard some people there talk german, is that correct?

Also Baltic thread I guess.
>>
File: Picture 041.jpg (408KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 041.jpg
408KB, 1024x768px
It would help to know your start and end points of itinerary, what are you interested in etc.

In LT, a nice region for hiking is Dzukija national park in the south of the country. It has many nice pine forests, small lakes, rivers, rural villages, couple of small comfy cities like Druskininkai or Merkine. If you in the area you should consider visiting Grutas park (Park where sculptures from Soviet era are now kept)

Moletai-Ignalina area in the northeastern part of the country is also suitable for hiking and camping. You can find many bigger lakes and forests in Labanoras area.

Medium sized industrial towns, and i think in the rest of baltics too, are not worth visiting.

Also, an attractive hiking option is baltic seaside along the coast.
>>
>>1276572

>femaly hygiene n stuff

Idk, I guess the usual stuff she would take anywhere?

>We're packing a russian language guide just in case

Almost 100% of older people speak russian.
Good idea if you think "language guide" would help you communicate in the slightest.

Although in most cases you should not experience problems communicating in english Most people, especially younger ones, have at least basics of it. Of course, people in rural areas have less knowledge

>some people there talk german, is that correct?

Uhh, maybe german tourists in taking vacation in Memel region. If a person knows german, he has emigrated to germany by now for a better life.
>>
>>1276572
Latvian here
i dont know how camping will work out, but i guess u can hitchhike if u write the correct places name on the board, there r stuff to see, castles and nature. german will speak almost nobody maybe very very few old people or some lucky autist u come across, russian will e spoken by all old people and good portion of young people, but dont be surprised if some wont understand, especially outside of Riga, older people wont know english as good, but most younger people should know english, so if they r 30 and older russian, 29 and younger english, german u might as well forget but u can try
>>
>>1276572
>femaly hygiene
Well, it's almost the same stuff everywhere, she can just buy it locally.

Seconding previous posters on Russian and English. Hitchiking is not widespread, but definitely possible in the area.

Cool stuff: nicest sandy beaches I've ever seen (especially if you get warm weather), historical buildings, Soviet relics. Do try local rye bread, beer and smoked fish.
>>
>>1276572
Dude, women don't want backcountry more than 2-3 days at a time. You need to break into something like that with spurts of "luxury" in a real shower experience if your genitalia is external. She will be sick quickly, and your relationship is going to suffer hugely if you don't budget for a "treat" to clean up and get a normal night's sleep when and if it's needed. And, when she is actually in menses, you'll take a couple days off, get back on the beaten path and enjoy some air conditioning and normal rooms for a couple of days, with a private bathroom.

You can and will pass stores, to buy whatever anyone needs, whenever she needs it. If she has personal preferences in quality (everything in the hygiene department in the USA is higher quality, less green laws, and therefore more comfortable for delicate skin). If she is on birth control, tell her to talk to her physician about skipping her period if that is feasible for her, whether a change of medication or taking another 21 pack immediately after day 21, not doing 7 days of placebo. Barring other physical conditions that preclude the safety of that, it certainly would be something I would consider if I was, say, in the Camino de Santiago or somewhere that you can't clean up, like an Amazon trek or some shit. I don't approve of camping that long. I hope you don't either. That's poverty shit.
>>
Camp around Tīreļpurvs. Could be pretty spooky.
>>
File: IMG_6340.jpg (1MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6340.jpg
1MB, 2272x1704px
>>1276572
>We're packing a russian language guide just in case
That's so retarded. You're not gonna be conversational in Russian within such a short time frame. Might as well try English. Lots of people in the Baltic states actually dislike being talked to in Russian even if they know some of the language, and may insist on communicating in English, even if they speak very little. This is especially common in Estonia in my experience.
>ive heard some people there talk german, is that correct?
Maybe 500-600 years ago.

>>1276658
>You can find many bigger lakes and forests in Labanoras area.
I second this. Beautiful forests and the village of Labanoras itself is super-cute.

>Medium sized industrial towns, and i think in the rest of baltics too, are not worth visiting.
I quite liked Visaginas actually. It's a surprisingly lovely post-Soviet town considering it was built solely for housing workers of the now-abandoned nuclear power plant. There's lots of cute details in the city celebrating its past, like pic related.

I had no trouble wild camping in the Baltic states, although there are also a couple of dirtcheap (<5€ per night) campsites scattered around the countries.

Recommendations.
Estonia The Eastern shore of Lake Peipus is very cool, not to be missed. Peculiar area with its own distinct history and culture. Lahemaa regional park is also worth visiting. If you like memes you can to the Saatse boot.
Latvia: Lake Lubans is great, largest lake of the country. Razna NP is also nice, and Aluksne is probably my favorite town in Latvia. Super comfy and quite beautiful with some interesting Baltic crusaders history.
Lithuania: Labanoras NP, and the secondary road between Alytus and Trakai. Has essentially 0 traffic, is completey paved and offers some beautiful landscape. Amazing for cycling.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.