[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone been to Xinjiang? Worth going to?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 602825d5460e31b53e496236aec8faa4.jpg (633KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
602825d5460e31b53e496236aec8faa4.jpg
633KB, 1000x750px
Anyone been to Xinjiang? Worth going to?
>>
>China.
>Going there at all.

No.
>>
>>1276448
Not me but my friend has visited Kashgar and urumqi and some other places in between, told me kashgar is very hectic in a good way and it's very different from the rest of china as it has more silk road vibes to it
>>
>>1276448
I've been to 4 cities in China. Nothing out West though. I imagine it's a pretty neat place to visit, I would be careful though they have been causing some trouble up in Xinjiang and the local provinces with the whole "Islam' business lately.
>>
>>1276448
I've been to Turpan and Urumqi, interesting culture and food but there's a language barrier even if you speak Mandarin, let alone English. There's a palpable amount of tension between the Uyghur and Han people, but if you're white you'll draw a lot of attention but be welcomed
>>
>>1277085
Extra note: When I arrived at Urumqi station I tried to get a taxi to my hotel using the Chinese address and my phone was handed between nine people before one of them was able to read it, so if possible get it written in Uyghur
>>
I live in Urumqi,

The city is big, dirty, and ugly. But its full of Han, Uyghur, Kazakh, Mongol, Russian, etc qts.

There used to be night market but that's been shut down and the bazaar is no longer a bazaar, but a few shops now.

There is security everywhere. restaurants, bus stations, malls.

The real beauty is in the countryside but xinjiang is huge. I'd recommend bayanbulak grasslands, tashkorgan (beautiful tajik enclave), turpan, Selimu lake & Yili (clean kazakh enclave), or Hotan for the jade trade

All the little towns are quite interesting, just pick one, find a school and its English teacher, they'd love to show you to the children then they'll invite you out to do stuff.
>>
>>1276448
>>1277420

I agree. Visited years ago, but the best places are outside of Urumqi. Don't go in the summer unless you want to burn in 40+ celsius heat.

If you're going to Urumqi overland, don't miss out on Dunhuang in Gansu province with all the old silk road Buddhist shrines.

Also recommend coming back through Qinghai province and visit some of the monasteries, Qinghai lake (eat some endangered fish- it's crap), and Hui culture there. Don't know if it's still true anymore, but beware of bandits in western Qinghai if you are driving through.
>>
>>1276531
Xinjiang is not Chiner
>>
>>1276448
Been thinking about an extended western China trip for a while now.
How do prices there compare to the rest of China? How easy is it to enter/exit the country from Xinjiang?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.