[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frequent Flier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: april_410_frequentflyer_sf.jpg (52KB, 675x300px) Image search: [Google]
april_410_frequentflyer_sf.jpg
52KB, 675x300px
Lads, can you give me the quick rundown on frequent flyer cards? What's the best card? Which airline runs the best program?
>>
>>1275546
The quick rundown is:
>Miles&More > OneWorld > SkyTeam > anything else
>they're all equally shit until you get into the elite levels where it becomes rewarding and easy to keep
>if you just make it into the first level (silver) don't even bother, it's not worth it
>points awarded = money spent + bonus points for flying business/first
>getting the associated credit card is a must
>converting anything to miles is a scam
>>
>>1275551
You probably meant StarAlliance instead of Miles'n'More. But yea, more or less this.

Of course a big factor is simply which airlines fly the most from your location.
>>
>>1275546
Aye, but which card ahould I choose? And why is it Chase Sapphire?

I take two trips each year and fly a totsl of about 5,000 miles annually..
>>
>>1275560
Also curious about this? Which cards are best?
>>
>>1275560
>>1275768
You choose the one that works with the FF program that works best for you and is endorsed by the program to get bonus miles for signing up and spending money...

Usually the signup bonus and meeting 1-2 monthly "spending goals" is enough for a business upgrade on a long haul flight.

So even if you don't get any status you can at least get lounge access and fly business for free on your occasional trips just from using your CC.
>>
Are frequent flyers generally used by people who buy their tickets from the airline directly, or can even dirty jews like me, who use third-party booking sites, get a slice of the action?
>>
>>1275785
You can always claim the points but for the lowest fare you will get almost zero points (even flying interconti) so you will never get a status. You can still subsidize your travel from using the associated credit card and get some bonus miles if you always use the same "alliance" to get around.
>>
>>1275560
How do you do Chase Sapphire, close the card and open a new one every year to avoid the fees?
>>
>>1275794
Meh, sounds cumbersome. I think I'll just not bother.
>>
I've got about 1.4 million Amex points which sounds impressive but it really only translates into like $7-$8000 worth of travel credit
>>
>>1275829
>$7-$8000 worth of travel credit
That's like 6 or 7 economy-class intercontinental flights.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1275831
I don't fly economy.
>>
>>1275802
You don't avoid the fees.
Just pay them, so long as it's s low annual one it's usually worth it anyway.
>>
>>1275546
Depends where you live and where you l like travel as to which airline you prefer, ya know?
And, if you check a bag, what will the savings be to use your perk to make the 2nd bag free (if you shop a lot you might want to bring an empty extra bag for instance). Does the card you pick give you adequate insruance such that you don't have to pay for it with rental cars, or for lost bags, etc?
I'm talking credit cards associated with airlines, of course. I have been skymiles for 20 years on amex. I actually think for last minute travel, their website that lets you book a resort deal paired with airfare always beats my expedia experience. Your TSApre annual cost is refunded by some cards now. I really really like priority boarding. I do not like the corral of people rushing a gate. If you're buying booze or gifts inflight, you get discounts.

The annual fees are high, but you get one buddy pass a year for a friend, or you can add up your perks if you have more credit, from free club access, to EVENTS...

What events? I just saw Paul McCartney, yea, it was already sold out. Concierge events are really nice. Amex only.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.