[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently I'm planning to travel for my birthday in september

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1499399715599.jpg (81KB, 850x1270px) Image search: [Google]
1499399715599.jpg
81KB, 850x1270px
Currently I'm planning to travel for my birthday in september and wanted to hit the West Coast having never been there before but having a hard time deciding where to go.

So far I've narrowed it between Seattle and Los Angeles. What are some pros and cons of each place or something to try to do/look for in particular?
>>
>>1275398
Both are awful cities, do some research and find some actual good cities on the west coast, they exist and are leagues better than LA or seattle, both of which have people who think they are better than you
>>
>>1275400

What do you suggest? I've never been to the west coast so I don't really have much to go on in that regards.
>>
>>1275405

Not the other anon but I've lived in both cities and they're right. Los Angeles is a teeming cesspool with intermittent interesting stuff that you can find elsewhere. Santa Barbara is an easy destination that has beaches and hikes just like LA, healthy/hipster food. San Diego gets talked up but I think it's the most boring ghost town I've ever been to. Seattle is filled with the most obnoxious hipsters I've ever encountered, even more than Portland. Lots of traffic too.

Depends on what you want to do. If you want to do city stuff, deal with the price and go to San Francisco. If you just want the West Coast Rockies kinda feel, get a car in SF and drive North or East and check out forests and/or deserts.
>>
>>1275409

I see. Well I'm definetly more for the city stuff, I have no illusions it'll be expensive but I'd like to think of these as test trips for when I have more money and time to fuck around in these sorts of areas (and bring someone with me rather than lone wolfing it).

Other than that I havn't really considered what specifically to do aside from walk around the city, try out different local resturants and possibly bang some hookers. *shrug*
>>
Seattle and Portland are probably going to give you more to offer than LA and SD. I mean they are fine, but I live on the west coast and could do without ever going back to LA again. If you know some niche spots, LA can be fun but stupid expensive.
>>
>>1275400
LA is a decent foodie city, following only DC, then NYC.
Other than that it's a great place for prostitution and I assume surfing and drug use.
>>
How is Vancouver BC? I see it's not far from Seattle
>>
>>1275557
>Other than that it's a great place for prostitution and I assume surfing and drug use.

LA or Seattle?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.