[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homestays

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Niu-House.jpg (155KB, 600x391px) Image search: [Google]
Niu-House.jpg
155KB, 600x391px
Anyone have any good experience with homestays? im thinking about trying it this year in Japan but never did anything like it before.
I know its not as comfortable as a hotel but I wanted to try it for the culture experiences.
>>
>>1274911
>cultural experience

m8, I'd hate to burst your bubble, but you should really not try to glorify things that you have no experience with
>>
>>1274932
what do you mean? i realize its just paying someone to stay at their house, but i imagine they live vastly different than im used to
>>
>>1274950
You're honestly better off just doing airbnb's or hostels if you want to get closer to the culture. To be quite honest you'll probably get closer to the "culture" via hostels and such, most hosts aren't going to want to spend all waking hours with you. To be closer to the culture, probably shouldn't even be spending time inside anyways.

You really think the homestay host is going to give a shit about being as authentic as possible to the 100th person they were a host for?
>>
>>1274967
no but the point isnt hanging onto the host 24/7 either. Its very cheap and you can vacation around as much as you want. Hostels are usually just filled with other foreigners.

apparently its also usually an exchange of some kind where they teach you their language and you teach them English
>>
>>1274967
dude, what is your damage? That guy is trying to rent where the host is actually in a network to give a damn about hosting. period. Stop hating. Stop posting if you don't actually have some insider experience with doing that in Japan. How would you know if he would be better off? You don't.
>>
I went to Japan 3 weeks using homestays. From what I saw , either you get some really nice people who will be really helpful and want to share their culture or you get some crappy people wanting some easy money. It's 50% 50%.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.