[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Singapore Capsule Hotels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 920664_16063016370044304164.jpg (53KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
920664_16063016370044304164.jpg
53KB, 800x600px
Has anybody stayed in some capsule hotels around Singapore?

Experiences? Did you died? I'm looking for some pleasant ones in main areas. I tend to like active hotels rather than quiet ones.
>>
>>1274831
Not Singapore but they basically have the same setup in most of asia. It just comes down to the price. The capsule hotel in your PIC op is probably 60ish USD a night. Most all capsule hotels are fairly quiet, but paying over 25 bucks a night for one is not worth it IMO. Capsule hotels are cool for about the first 30 minutes, till you realize that you are sleeping in a box.
>>
>>1274831
I stayed at The POD in Kampang Glam. It's nice but it is on the quiet side. Aside from that it's in a great location and it's clean and has good amenities. I'd recommend it if you're set on staying in one of these.
>>
>>1274831
This reminds me of that airport startup that lets you rent out small rooms for a few hours while waiting to board.
>>
I nearly stayed in one in Singapore, but then a cheaper option turned out to be staying in a hotel in what the Singaporeans thought was the worst street in Little India.
It was a clean, spacious (!), well equipped hotel, well, it did have prostitutes in front of it during the night, but hey, awesome restaurants were just around the corner. I loved how they did not happen to have CCTV on that road by accident lol

I did stay in capsule hotels elsewhere, they were all really comfy, I would recommend them. Did not look safe, but still.
>>
>>1275476
One of the hotel 81 one it was. It has reviews saying it's dirty, so I guess I've been there right after a refurbishment or something... It was 'you can eat from the floor' clean when I was there.
>>
>>1274855
But what about the amenities that come with it? I would assume the capsules have some pretty good amenities for the price compared to elsewhere.
>>
>>1275629
Shared shower, common area, kitchen area(sometimes), and small counter that sells snacks. Nothing you can't get at a hostel really.

Some WILL do things like deliver food to you and so on, but not all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Q3sKNuZA0

Just comes down to preference really, and what is listed where.
>>
>>1275637
Air conditioning? Looks like you get power jacks too, and a nice secluded space. Of course the showers are shared and the common area outside of the capsule but you can also lock your stuff up in the capsule right and go about? Not sure about the pods since I haven't been in one, but I assume they are harder to break into compared to a locker and they have more generous space than a locker would but might be more difficult to fit if you are not a manlet.
>>
>>1275642
>you can also lock your stuff up in the capsule right and go about?
Or use lockers, most use lockers. Hostels tend to work the same way, though most just keep your shit behind a counter
>I assume they are harder to break into compared to a locker
Not really, most just have a handle with no lock, or a skeleton key that could be used on any pod.

If you are trying to get something specific just ask away
>>
>>1275443
They do that in many lounges
>>
I stayed at a pod in the quay area....it was comfy but the staff sucked and it was hard to meet people...only person i talked to was some poo in the loo who wanted to go to universal studios.
>>
>>1275476
What are prices like for a room in little India? Nothing flash, I'm happy with clean sheets.
I have been getting conflicting advice, I havnt been to Singapore before so I will prebook my first night or two at least while I have a sniff around
>>
>>1276983
this
>>
I never tried one in Singapore, though I have in Japan.

Things I liked about it:
>cheaper than conventional hotels
>very, very modern, sleek, and clean-looking (I really dislike dingy-looking hotels, even if the room is technically clean)
>surprisingly comfy

Things I didn't like about it:
>poor ventilation (I actually had to sleep with the door open because it was too hot & humid)
>poor soundproofing (I could actually hear snoring from the "room" below me)
>low security (doors don't lock due to fire regulations)

I actually didn't mind the size of the rooms.
>>
>>1275476
>It was a clean, spacious (!), well equipped hotel
Was it actually clean & spacious, or was it just "clean/spacious enough" for the price?

I've been to inexpensive hotels with glowing reviews, but then the room I get happens to be awful.
>>
>>1274831
capsules are pretty fun. when i traveled to Japan i stayed exclusively in capsule hostels. The ones I stayed at encouraged social interaction with like 'cheap beer nights' etc.

Pros
>cheap
>has amenities
>free wifi
>lockers inside your capsule and a separate locker elsewhere
>powerpoints inside the capsule
>comfy, a lot of people think it would be coffin sized but you'll be able to sit up properly

Cons
>Thin walls
>Some people do not have manners and are loud
>Hard to meet people half the time because they're not at the hostel
>>
>>1274831
>>1278949
Oh i forgot to mention. If you're planning on fucking someone you can't bring them in obviously
>>
>>1278182
It was "you can eat from the floor" type of clean, and the room would have passed anywhere in Europe (so no US levels of space). The bathroom was small, but not nearly the smallest I saw in Asia. As in there was a dedicated shower space and WC space, shelves, etc.
I did see some serious drug addicts every night on the same street, so there was that. It was not scary at all, more like zoo level, so they did not want to do anything with tourists.
>>
>>1279080
What was the name of this place, if true anon?
>>
>>1279082
I'm not who you're replying to, but I think the reason he's withholding the name of the hotel is either:
1) He doesn't want to be accused of shilling
2) He wants as few people to know about it as possible so the place won't get ruined (it's not uncommon for unpopular businesses to see a sudden increase in customers, which then gives them the balls to start jacking up prices)
>>
>>1279265
>>1279082
Oh god, you just had to scroll up a bit to see that I already wrote the name of the chain...? They don't have that many hotels.
Hotel 81 is the chain, I stayed in their Star location. Look up their other ones, too, they refurbished others more recently. All in the same area, easy to confuse them.

>>1279265
I already wrote the chain in my first post itt, this is so much bullcrap. The time you spent making that up you could've spent reading >>1275483
>>
>>1279383
Wrong, that was your second post.
>>
>>1274831
I stayed in Meadows Hostel, a bit out of the way but easy to access anything on the MRT just a 5 min walk away.

I had to upgrade from a single to double while there as the single was a little uncomfortable, although still bearable for a short time.
>>
>>1275476
> Little India.
> it did have prostitutes
The one outside my hotel there was a guy in a dress. He had a moustache. It was seriously fucking creepy. Every time I walked past him he'd say "Hello, daaaaaahhhling" with this sad expression on his face.
>>
>>1279913
was he Indian?
>>
File: ne.png (112KB, 848x397px) Image search: [Google]
ne.png
112KB, 848x397px
>>1274831
Sounds like a bloody nightmare.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.