[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Visiting Iran

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1489446871645.jpg (27KB, 446x437px) Image search: [Google]
1489446871645.jpg
27KB, 446x437px
What is up /trv/

I'm going to Iran for 2 weeks in september. Anyone been there? I'm taking 1 friend, maybe 2. We're from western Europe so we'll definitely stand out from the crowd.

How's hospitality there? Any must Sees? We'll be landing in Teheran and Will be sticking around there for the first part. Maybe taking an inland flight to Shiraz to see that Temple and then go back north to visit some cities like Estefan.
>>
File: to visit.png (25KB, 706x885px) Image search: [Google]
to visit.png
25KB, 706x885px
WELL ARE YOU EVER IN LUCK
Here's my list of what I want to visit when I go, which won't be until april/may next year sadly. It's mostly just straight from wikivoyage.

Also, I assume you know this already, but if you're from Great Britain, you need a visa in advance, as well as a mandatory guide. For the rest, what do you want to do. Do you want to see more "recent" architecture (they have some gorgeous mosques), or more ancient ruins, or something else.
>>
>>1274799
Are you aware that you will need a VISA to ever enter the US if you visit Iran?
>>
>>1274799
Watch this,
Guy on moped riding trough Iran,
All you need to know,
Also watch his trip trough India to see the difference
https://youtu.be/_2LEgowbzSc
https://youtu.be/mPne-q4ynts
>>
Are there any good books on Iranian culture and history?
>>
>>1275444
bump :)
>>
>>1274799
>cities like Estefan
OP...

>>1275444
I liked Axworthy's "Empire of the Mind".
>>
>>1276170
>Axworthy's "Empire of the Mind
Does it cover a fair amount of culture for each period of history? It looks really good!
>>
Iranian here.
I can't post on here.
So if you have any questions either reach me on hak1377@yahoo
Or @hak1377 in telegram.
>>
>>1276585
Well I'll be damned.
It's been a year since I got a message through myself.
I'm not sure how long this will last, but I'll help anyhow I can.
>>
i have a feeling you don't go to Iran for the women.
>>
>>1275444
A book called "Persian Pilgrimages: Journeys Across Iran" is an interesting book with some knowledge on the culture and history
>>
German guy here. I've been to Iran for two weeks in April this year. With my brother.

Iran is hands down the best country ever. I've been to various places in the middle east but nothing comes even close to Iran. The hospitality is amazing. I never ever felt safer.

We've stayed for several days with some Persian girls that we've met on the second day there.

btw we didn't book a hotel beforehand.

Don't plan to much. You'll end up hanging out with some Iranians who invite you to your home anyways... just be open minded.

We've been to Tehran, Isfahan, Shar-E Kord and Shiras.

Maybe I'll post some images later...
>>
>>1279169
[...] some Iranians who invite you to their* home anyways
>>
>>1279169
>Shar-E Kord
How so?
>>
Me and my gf visited Iran this May/June. We both are 40+, so all the locals saw us as a family of grownups resulting in not much of out of the line interactions with the people, but if you are young and males, I'm sure you will have a blast. People are friendly and very hospitable and all the good stuff (parties, alcohol, drugs, frank opinions about the government) happens behind high walls of private houses - use your opportunities to get there.

Not much people speak English, so polish your Farsi before you go.

Shiraz has an interesting vibe, Tehran in not worth staying in for longer than a day unless you have friends there, Yazd has huge old city restaurated, Esfahan has the nicest parks of them all. Nature near the Caspian see is really beautiful.
>>
>>1280237
totally agree
>>
>>1279169
I was told that people inviting you to their home is a custom and you're supposed to refuse. That's what it said on Iran's information for travelers page at least.
>>
File: banknote.png (45KB, 663x728px) Image search: [Google]
banknote.png
45KB, 663x728px
>This is the largest banknote in Iran
>>
I'm wanting to visit Iran this Dec or Jan. I'll be doing it solo but would like to meet people, what is a good company to do tours with?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.