[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the worst place you've ever been to?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: 1x-1.jpg (3MB, 3000x1872px) Image search: [Google]
1x-1.jpg
3MB, 3000x1872px
This thread has probably been made a thousand times before already, but it still seems like a fun thing to discuss.

I haven't really visited any genuinely "bad" places (although this is probably because I haven't travelled outside of Europe yet). Lithuania was a bit of a challenge, as a lot of people didn't speak any languages besides Lithuanian. It was my first experience with real poverty, and people generally didn't seem to like being smiled at. Never felt unsafe though, and the Trakai Castle was a fun place to visit.
>>
>>1274257
port moresby, new guinea

had an ok time there, but its fucking dangerous. and the locals there are actual monkeys.

left some white seed in a couple of the women though, i hope they got pregnant. would be good for their gene pool.
>>
>>1274257
the amount of poverty in south wales valleys, around Cardiff and Newport is eye opening. There is nothing to do there either and everyone wears tracksuits or pyjamas outside.
>>
>>1274276
It was in Vilnius, nearby a supermarket close to the train station. I remember seeing lots of older beggars who just didn't look healthy and could barely walk.
>>
>>1274276
Also, yes, people smiled at me and vice-versa in most places I've been to, but in Lithuania, only other tourists and (presumably) expats did this.
>>
>>1274289
Britain has few to no natural resources left since it's all been paved over. Why they still want to let more people in is beside me. Can't they see the island is a concrete jungle already?
>>
>>1274257
>saw a couple of beggars
>"my first experience with real poverty"

lol
>>
I'd agree with south Wales. Such an appalling shithole in parts, and the newer areas which try to be nice just have no soul; council projects and such. I think they're really justified in blaming the English for the state they're in; it's a sad and fucked up history.
For reference, I've been all over Africa. Nowhere depressed me as much as Wales.
>>
>>1274257
>What's the worst place you've ever been to?
Home.
>>
>>1274257
Wow, that pic is gross. Is that the Seine?
>>
Detroit for danger

Montenegro for just general shit infrastructure and lack of development
>>
>>1274355

>blame the English

Fuck off you stupid celt-boo prick.
>>
Slough. Imagine Pakistan mixed with a 1960s council estate
>>
>>1274257
Bangladesh is an experience.

One you should not have.
>>
>>1274414
Mississippi River near St Louis
>>
>>1274257
Lisbon.
When you get outside of the city proper, the countryside is beautiful, the weather is good and the locals are (as a rule of thumb) nice.
The city center, though, is Mozambique, and I mean this in the most neutral way possible. I'm not going full /pol/ or exaggerating - you see only African people, are constantly accosted by beggars or "dealers", the streets are swimming with trash, the buildings are all as one stained a muddy shit-brown color by pollution and it smells like shit. There are culturally important bits of the city, but even when the buildings are standing you get the feeling you're looking at a ruin.
There's just not much redeemable about it. The food is okay when it's not a straight-out tourist-targeted scam reselling microwave pasta, the architecture obviously used to be nice but is blackish-brown and lichen-encrusted, and the general climate of the city is generally plain unpleasant. Not "unsafe", mind you - just plagued by persistent, loud, unscrupulous touts, vendors and scammers.
Lisbon natives also seem like they'd rather have fewer tourists there, which I can figure would help a lot since a lot of the crime is caused by immigrants helping their families in to work in the tourist businesses.
>>
Belize City, felt like a stabbing was just a few steps away. I remember getting a ceviche and beer, and the newspaper for the first 20 pages just wrote about voilence inside the country, was pretty depressing. Nothing happened though besides some slighlty humerous verbal altercations.

2nd would be Guatemala City, I only passed through stuck in traffic but I already saw enough shit on that ride to not stay there overnight.
>>
>>1274841
Oporto is better anon
>>
>>1274845
The ceviche was probably more likely to kill you than the knife stabbing.

I ate ceviche in Lima Peru and pretty much blew out my rectum with the diarrhea that followed.
>>
>>1274885
Should've worded that better, got the ceviche at another part in belize. But yeah fuck belize city every other part seemed so much better.
>>
>>1274257
Pensacola, Florida
>>
>>1274281
Too bad Port Moresby is Rampant with AIDS
http://www.wpro.who.int/papuanewguinea/areas/hiv_aids/en/
>>
>>1274845
Eh Guatemala city wasn't that bad, just stay in an upscale neighbourhood is all.
>>
>>1274281
That is disgusting in several ways.
>>
File: Capture.png (49KB, 227x186px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
49KB, 227x186px
>>1274257
Not a really bad place, but I was at this hotel in Odessa, Ukraine and in the first night when I switched of the lights I couldn't help noticing a slight sizzeling noise very light. Switched on light two times, but did not find the cause until I had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and went there without switching on the light. I stepped on something. Let's say this was not a single bed room anymore

Proof: https://youtu.be/LyFTyZaGZGY
>>
>>1275046
>a bug in your hotel room

well cry me a river, anon
>>
>>1274257
Probably of road from Surabaya that goes past the sidoarjo mud flow. All of the ground around it is muddy and gross looking, the smell is unpleasant, and you can tell everyone whose house got covered in mud is just across the street begging now. Some lady tried to jump in front of our truck last time I went by it. Not sure if it's any better now as that was probably 2009.
>>
>>1274257
idaho tbqh
>>
I wonder how clean is indian capital terrority .
>>
>>1274289
Sounds like most of the United States. Not even memeing.
>>
>>1274748
How so? I enjoyed it. Sure it's dirty, but not as bad as India.
>>
>>1274257
Paris
>>
>>1274708
>butthurt
Deal with it, my dude.
>>
>>1275046
I like the music anon
>>
>>1276070
thx! Need more? Check out this greece dude who plays ukulele on a chair on a slackline. Gotta do something for a livin' man!
https://youtu.be/0Em6soMELS0
>>
Berlin. Flights were dirt cheap, but it wasn't worth it. Only time I've been to Germany, I was disappointed.
>>
>>1276191
which year? 1945?
>>
>>1275061
Id really like to know this too. Can we get an Indian thread with actual unique content pics of the street?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.