[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Considering an Ireland/Italy trip, maybe Munich?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Just looking for some general suggestions and have a few specific questions.

I'm looking to arrive to Dublin around the 18th-20th of August and then spend anywhere between 5-10 days in Europe. If I do 10, I was thinking about heading over to Italy for the second half of the trip, maybe with a stop in Munich for a day or two in between and I have a few questions.

1) I heard Dublin is not worth a lot of time, and a better idea is to get out into the country and explore the small villages. Irelands rail system does not seem too extensive, if I'm there for 3-4 days should I just rent a car? It seems like the rental places are a week minimum for about $200 US which doesnt seem bad, even for 4 days. I know a few villages I'd want to see, but if there are any sites I'm open to more suggestions.

2) I'm looking at Ryanair to hop to Florence, and maybe Munich in between? Not sure the Munich stop is worth it for a day, I mainly just want a few good liters of German beer and food. Thoughts? Also I was considering a train but I don't want to lose a ton of time on traveling, even though its likely cheaper and I'd get to see more of the countryside..

3) Any suggestions for Italy? I was planning to fly into Florence and take trains to Rome, Bologna, and Milan I think.....I don't have any specific sites I'd like to see (same with ireland besides castles) but more interested in just experience the food, culture and nightlife. Any suggestions in general? Are trains enough to get around?

I'm probably gonna research more sights to see when I know my exact itinerary but any general suggestions on those locations?

I'm ideally looking to walk around by myself during the day seeing sights and trying food and I'd like to spend the evenings going out to eat and drink and to meet people in pubs/bars. Any suggestions on meeting people in Ireland/Italy I should know about more specifically? What about girls? I'm not looking to bang anyone specifically but company of girls is preferable!
>>
Also I forgot, how much will it hurt to not know Italian? Its been about 15 years since I took it in high school. I felt pretty okay in Germany without knowing German, but with Tokyo I definitely needed some Japanese so...
>>
>>1273911
Just use your hands. It's a good substitute for Italian.
>>
File: lol.jpg (28KB, 801x534px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
28KB, 801x534px
>>1273925
>>
>>1273944
Okay, in Italy I stayed there for 2 months without knowing almost any Italian, the most that will happen is that you won't know what some peope are saying

If you haven't been to Munich, it is worth a stop, have some fun, go see some young german titties in a local park, drink some good beer while eating some good food, there is no downside to Munich and I love it everytime I go, personally I prefer salzburg, but mainly because it has a smaller town feel to it and I lived there for 6 months

All in all, stick with English and Munich will make your trip more enjoyable imo
>>
>>1273969
Forgot to mention I have been there, just wanted to "stop in" to maybe hit the hofbrau haus. Thanks for the tip about english in Italy!
>>
>>1273971
Have you been to Alsace, France? That would be more in the middle and is one of my favorite places in the world, if you do, base your stay out of Colmar, you won't regret it
>>
>>1273972
I feel like I wouldnt give it proper attention and I don't think Ryanair flies through there? I could take a train but that would be much longer. I also don't know french and my buddy said they treat americans like garbage (at least in paris) when he got back.

I feel like at 10 days, two regions is probably the most I can do.. I'll probably end up skipping munich since I was already there once... just hate to fly over it though without stopping for a liter! ha
>>
>>1273885
there's not a lot to do in dublin. Go to regional towns, killarney, galway. The north is very interesting but not that pleasant, if you are into history. A lot of the nicest areas are the most remote ones, in the west coast, with no public transport.
In the regional towns, these more or less a pub scene from thursday- sunday. From about 9 o clock onwards.
I was in florence a few weeks ago, and the trains are cheap if you go with regional operators but if you want quick journeys, youre better off picking the expensive frecciarossa trains. Go to the hill above Florence about 20 minutes walk from the ponte vecchio, when its approaching sundown the views are amazing.
>>
>>1273995
Thank you for the advice, ill definitely take it!

Another question I forgot to ask: I heard there was an example of an original preserved Roman house somewhere, but I forgot what city it was in and google revealed nothing that seemed like it. Any ideas?
>>
>>1274000
Bump for more info on this and just for more advice in general!
>>
>>1274000
could it be Pompeii.
>>
>>1274291
No, it's intact and preserved, not an archaeological site.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.