[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys combat post travel depression?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: o-DEPRESSION-facebook.jpg (125KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-DEPRESSION-facebook.jpg
125KB, 2000x1000px
How do you guys combat post travel depression?
>>
>>1273424

5-htp,DHEA, vitamin D (from sunshine and/or supplements), fish oil and waiting it out.

It sucks, but these things soften the blow.
>>
>>1273454
I live in Florida, so the vitamin D is a given, but I'll give the others a try.
>>
>>1273424

> post travel depression

are you guys really so psychologically fragile
>>
>>1273424
Take my Zoloft like a good goy
>>
Fug bitches. :DDD
>>
The same way I combat my pre-travel depression obviously, by taking my Mirtazapine daily.
>>
Look forward to my next trip. Have a plan in mind of it happening.

Get a healthy routine going.
>>
>>1273424
alcohol
and a lot of it
>>
Set goals and keep myself busy.

Currently on a six-month trip around the world. I've traveled plenty before and have found myself dreading going home less each time.

One of the best benefits I've gotten out of traveling is a sense of adventure coupled with a need to stay active. When I was a teenager, most all of my hobbies involved sitting in front of a screen. I'd watch movies and television nonstop, no-life on MMORPGs, and spend a lot of my free time shitposting on 4chan.

Traveling helped change that. For instance, I learned how to ride a motorcycle in India two years ago; now I own my own bike in the United States and planning to buy another for a Pan-American road-trip.

I'm in Mexico now and am continuously embarrassed by how badly I dance. I've signed up for salsa and bachata lessons at a dance place back home, and am also enrolled at a boxing academy. I'll have university courses and am keeping myself busy with studying and extracurricular activities (if you're wondering how I can afford to do all this, I'm a late graduate in my mid-twenties, not a typical 19-year old undergrad).

Most importantly, I have a plan for my life that keeps me motivated, short-term and long-term. Next summer I'm going to take a semester off to take immersive Spanish courses in Mexico City for three or four months, and then I graduate in December.

Basically, I give myself activities and shit to look forward to at home and overseas. I've realized that traveling for the sake of traveling is great, but if you do a lot of it, it's important to find a way to make it productive and fulfilling rather than just hedonistic.
>>
>>1273424
>>1273683
This is a great answer to the question.

I was hit really hard after my first trip overseas (an exchange as a teenager). I wouldn't have called in depression back then, and wouldn't now, but I was definitely really unhappy with the loss of adventure and living with friends.

Later in life, I tried to line things up to do/be involved in, or used moving abroad as opportunity to subsequently move to a new city in my own country.
>>
>>1273462
this may be one of the more "normie" boards but it's still 4chan, and many of us don't have friends in our places of residence.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.