[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travel Vloggers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: assss.jpg (46KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
assss.jpg
46KB, 1000x1000px
Recently kind of got into these on Youtube, it's something of a guilty pleasure once you look past the Patreon begging, though it does seem there's a lot of crap, idiocy and stealth advertising out there, even on the decent channels.

Any recommendations? Not looking for any region or country in particular.
>>
I currently follow a few anyway:

Abroad in Japan, a non-weeb cynical Brit in a regional city, generally quite day-to-day and honest, but unfortunately he's got a bit clickbaity since he does it for a living instead of a hobby now, and a lot of the newer videos of "interesting" restaurants and attractions seem to be them inviting him along and paying for it. Overall though he actually interested me in seeing Japan, I'm not a weeb either and it's cool to see the other things about Japan that are both mundane and exotic, not some fawning anime fan who was always going to be enthusiastic about every underwear-dispensing vending machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LS83dDqoGU

SerpentZA, a white South African guy who lives in Shenzhen, China. He basically walks about in a generally concrete, dirty city and talks into the camera about China's approach to various things compared to the West. It's an interesting slice of life sometimes, you can tell he's a bit of an arsehole though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWeFyZPbcno

Brave Dave, again a Brit, did a "Big Fat Freight Hop" across Canada, recorded on a 360p potato camera, but a really interesting watch even if more experienced freight hoppers call him a fucking idiot. Other videos are mostly him messing about on the small mountains the UK has but I thought I'd keep an eye on his small channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUg0jFO7NTo
>>
>>1273063
I'm watching brave dave now while I work, good stuff.
>>
I thought about making a channel for my upcoming trip around Eastern Europe, mainly as a nice way for me to remember it by, but also if anyone else enjoys watching it then great.

What sort of things would people like to see / not like to see on a travel vlog??
>>
>>1273063
Thanks for recs
>>
>>1273198
Just do it for yourself. I know a guy who thought he would become YouTube famous during his trip to Europe by making a travel vlog. Shit sucked because he was just trying to copy what all the well known people do. He also probably didn't get much enjoyment from his trip.
>>
>>1273168
>>1273204

My pleasure lads.

I actually forgot the first channel I started watching, it's more of a video tourist guide than a vlog called the Honest Guide to Prague. Unfortunately I only discovered it after my visit, but the content is good enough that I watched a bunch anyway. No "pls donate" bollocks either, which is nice. Makes me miss the beer.

https://youtu.be/QxeOllIHqDY
>>
File: IMG_2166.jpg (24KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2166.jpg
24KB, 251x242px
>it's an attractive girl and her boyfriend staying in 5 star hotels travel vlog
>>
>>1273198

I'd say to be careful, don't let filming get in the way of having a great trip.

I'd also be selective of what you film, personally I like ones that give me a taste of a day in another country, rather than big sightseeing or a vlogger's personal life. From what I've seen though, even little clips of metro stations and back streets make it all seem more like a real journey.

>>1273218

Yeah I thought I'd make this thread because googling just brings up the most saccharine sweet, monetised Instagram dickhead "inspirational" shite.
>>
>>1273215
Yeah thats my main concern. This trip is definitely for myself and I don't want to ruin it, but I'm also an entrepreneur so love trying my hand at all sorts of things.
Would you mind telling me his channel name?
>>1273219
Thanks, appreciate it.
>>
>>1273059
>>1273063
SerpentZA is my favorite vlogger, i met him and C-milk when I was in china for 7 months, Very nice and interesting people.
>>
I started watching this one channel that isn't exactly about traveling, but it is closely related to traveling. Most importantly, the content is actually interesting, and it inspired me to travel even more.

Check out the "Best Ever Food Review Show." To be perfectly frank, the host kind of gives off a fratboy/douchebag vibe, and while that would be annoying in most cases, it's actually quite refreshing for a travel-centric channel. There are too many travel channels that are hosted by women obsessed with fashion, hippies, and Instagram liberals.
>>
>>1273059
Watch c90adventures

Pretty cool brit who travels around the world on a c90, accidentally found him by some anon posting in a /pol/ thread a year or so ago and i've loved his channel since

Check him out, he's got good humor and enjoyable videos

I also enjoy wolter's world, but only because I got to meet him a couple times because i go to the uni he teaches at
>>
>>1273218
Fun fact: A lot of the time, that boyfriend is just a paid actor.
>>
>>1273218
You might prefer Mad-Ventures lad.

Sadly only the first two seasons are in English.
>>
Gabriel Traveler is cool. He usually replies to comments too.

Walters world is nice too but i don't think he's very active anymore
>>
Too bad my favourite travel vlogger don't record in English, but she's got subtitles to most of her videos, I'd recommend you to take a look at them, she's one of the most natural and engaging vloggers I have seen.
Here she talks about Georgia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_36gPAb2eOc
Iran: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7eqKhBteGM&t=17s
>>
Brendan van Son is honestly my favorite. Traveling Photographer who does daily Vlogs. Great cinematography and storytelling and visits some interesting places (on the way to Kyrgyzstan right now) and started out Vlogging with a scooter trip through Africa.

He also often gives insight into the travel Photography business, including a monthly round up of his revenue break down and expenses.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bvans890
>>
>>1273306
>Mad-Venutes

Nah m8, Departures is way better
>>
Thanks everyone, today was rather unproductive
>>
File: the_island_of_Pitcairn.jpg (71KB, 648x486px) Image search: [Google]
the_island_of_Pitcairn.jpg
71KB, 648x486px
I haven't watched this guy's other videos, but this documentary is really cool, it's largely about how hard/shitty it is to get to pitcairn island.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr7MWxADnko
>>
>>1273914
Holy shit, anon this is great.

>Bunch of rag tag middle aged men obsessed with some island in the middle of the ocean try and sail there themselves but not all things go to plan.
>>
ryan boundless
>>
>>1273384
Departures has some solid photography and goes to really interesting places, but every time that blond cunt opens his mouth I feel like smashing a brick on his face
>>
>>1273274

>SerpentZA is my favorite vlogger, i met him and C-milk when I was in china

Do tell, I do like the general honesty of his videos, Ive watched plenty.

But he strikes me as a bit... off. I don't know, a bit haughty like a lot of white South Africans, a bit overindulgent in sharing his private life and how "well he's doing" until it comes to Visa time or whatever, then it's all panic.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.