[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys fight against travel anxiety? I am going for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: stressanxiety.jpg (34KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
stressanxiety.jpg
34KB, 640x320px
How do you guys fight against travel anxiety?

I am going for my 1 month trip next week, and all I can think about is that something really bad will happen. This is my first time going really alone.

I am not talking about fear of flying, I am talking about something will happen and I won't handle it properly. I googled the subject for some tips but all I got is general bullshit.
>>
>>1273032

Specifics? Are you meaning social interactions or money issues, or language problems?
>>
>>1273050
I am thinking about general things. I am middle aged, but so far I went always with my older sister o with my parents everywhere, if there was some kind of issue they knew it what to do.

I am completely terrified by the fact that something happens I won't be able to do anything against it. For example my luggage won't arrive to the airport, I won't be able to find the corect direction, etc. etc.

I have so big panic that I am thinking about cancelling the whole thing while I already paid everything.
>>
Just do it faggot.
>>
>>1273032
>How do you guys fight against travel anxiety?
Travel more. Your sister and parents enabled you and didn't give you a chance to figure shit out for yourself.

Things always happen that we can't do anything about. It's called life. Travel is life. Accept the mystery. Let go.
>>
I understand. I'm not good with people and I'm afraid I'll get into some form of trouble. The Greek thing where Serbs killed the black dude has made me really nervous.
>>
Take a deep breath anon. It's perfectly normal to feel a bit anxious before a trip, especially if it's a solo trip. Consider the fact that so many people before you did solo travels, even young girls, and the percentage of something really bad happening during the trip is very, very low. The absolute majority of.these people had a great time and then came back home safe and sound. Of course, there could be some minor problems during the trip, but facing and solving them is still part of the solo travel experience, and i think it's what it adds a bit of "spice" to it, compared to a travel with your family or with a group of friends.

As long as you are careful in what you do, take the right precautions and don't act like a fool, i'm sure you wont have any problem. Where are you travelling exactly?
>>
It's completely normal to be scared of the unknown. Just go. You will really regret it if you don't do it.

If something bad happens, we'll fuck it, shit happens and sooner or later you will be able to figure it out.

Just think on how happy and fulfilled you will feels when you manage to complete your travel. You're lucky, OP, some people can't travel and they would love to, and very few people can travel for a whole month. Think about that.

Where are you going, btw?
>>
File: smile2.png (808KB, 811x714px) Image search: [Google]
smile2.png
808KB, 811x714px
Got a heavy fever and had all my money and passport stolen from the room in a foreign country.
It all worked out fine and I never had a doubt, that it would and Im still happy about the trip.

Bad things will definitely happen, OP. Still there is nothing to fear. Always be optimistic, get out of your comfort zone and open to new experiences. Thats how you grow as a person.
Hit the road and off you go to new and unknown lands.
>>
>>1273394
OP here
I am going to erbil, in norther iraq. You can see why i am a little bit anxious about the trip.
>>
>>1273471
Can I ask why there? I get the anxiety then. Still, do it.
>>
>>1273471

wtf, not bad for your first solo travel experience OP. I bet my ass you also don't speak a single word of iraqi arabian and can't read arabic, right?

Well, your anxiety is understandable then. But think that Iraqi Kurdistan is one of the safest area of Iraq, you should not have many problems.. but yeah, be careful
>>
>>1273471
one of my friends used to work there, he said it's one of his places on earth. he seemed genuinely sad that he was moved back to europe.
>>
>>1273497
I learned a little bit of kurdish, so that isn't really that big of a problem. I am just so worried about the little things, i imagine a small mistake to end in a big problem.
>>
Real OP here. This guy >>1273471 >>1273524
is bulshitting.

Sorry I didn't reply but I was away from my pc, I am working now every day so I can go for my one month vacation. I am going for a journey across asia.

Thank you for your advices I am trying to remain calm, assuring myself that if I would cancel it now I would regret it forever.
>>
>>1273169
> middle aged
>so far I went always with my older sister o with my parents everywhere

I don't think it means what you think it means.
Middle aged is between 40 and 60.
Past teenage =/= middle age

just clarifying the terminology here
>>
>>1273032

When it happens close your eyes and pinch the top bridge of your nose with your thumb and index finger. Imagine your sister hugging you. She whispers "you can do this, anon, I trust you"

Bask in this for 5 seconds then open your eyes. Stay focused on the problem and actively looking for solution. Trust that one will pop into your head. Zap other negative thoughts as they arise.
>>
>>1273032
Life insurance in case a chinese passenger decides to throw coins at one of the plane engine turbines mid-flight.
>>
Unfortunately the best way to get over it is by just doing it. Like ripping off a band-aid.

I went on my first trip alone several months ago. I felt like crap the week before I left, and I felt like crap on my first day of the trip. Then I walked around, grabbed something to eat, walked around some more, grabbed something to drink, then I was finally comfortable.
>>
>>1273169
pro tip: your parents also didn´t always know what to do. Stuff happened and they figured out what to do next. You will do the same exact thing and you´ll be fine.
>>
>>1273182
This, honestly.
OP I'm sorry but c'mon.
>>
>>1273032
>How do you guys fight against travel anxiety?
By being a stingy jew who fears losing the money he's already invested far more than the chance of things going wrong.
Granted, I don't get any serious travel anxiety anymore, but my first lone trip had me horrified for the whole week before. The fear subsided the moment I got past immigration at the destination airport and was gone completely the next morning.
So yeah, do it faggot.
>>
>>1273032
>this picture
>this thread

are you writing a book op? you need to mix it up a bit
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.