[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uluru by car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: The-Outback-Uluru.jpg (81KB, 624x311px) Image search: [Google]
The-Outback-Uluru.jpg
81KB, 624x311px
I'm going to visit Ayers Rock in the beginning of January next year. We'll stay two nights. I'm supposed to rent a car for the whole stay but the car rental conditions say that we can't drive in the area at night for security reasons. However, I was actually looking forward to seeing the sunset and sunrise with the rock.
So my question is: is it still safe to drive just before sunrise and just after sunset?
>>
>>1272785
there are a number of genuine hazards

at dawn or dusk the roads are full of kangaroos which will just jump out in front of you with no warning and get dazed by your headlights.
In the bush people avoid driving at these times if possible, and those who do habitually buy huge bars for the front of their car.
everyone drives slowly at these times unless they are a total retard

The other issue is robbery by aborigines
In remote areas they can block roads and stand in front of cars, if vehicles stop they will assault drivers and steal anything peripheral.
They arn't highly organized gangs or anything, just mobs of drunk gib-be-dats

These gib-be-dats are a nuisance within city limits, but in isolated areas, when they are in groups or drunk (50/50 chance) they become more of a credible threat
>inb4 bullshit
>libshits who have never been in the bush

It's not THAT dangerous, your rental company is just writing it'self a jew clause in the contract to try and sting you.
I'd seriously consider finding a different company
>>
>>1273055
Thanks for your reply!
The conditions are given by the car rental company via the travel agency (I prefer going through one since it's such a "remote" place and so far from home); I'm afraid it wouldn't change much with another company but I will talk about it with the agency.
>>
File: 1111.jpg (55KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
55KB, 1080x608px
>>1272785
Are you going from Alice Springs or flying directly to Ayers Rock?

I was just there recently, there's a free campsite just outside the resort area with a view of the rock. Pic is one I took.

You can drive at night but I would go slowly. In the evenings and early mornings a lot of wildlife comes out on the roads. You don't want to hit them cause then you're stuck in the middle of no where. If you do drive do so slowly and drive in the middle of the road so that you have a greater chance of avoiding whatever jumps onto the road. If you're staying near Ayers Rock there shouldn't be much of an issue driving at night, it's not far from the resort or camping areas to the rock itself.
>>
>>1273108
Flying to AYQ from Mel and then AYQ-SYD.
Unfortunately we're not going to Alice Springs nor Kings canyon; we had to make choices for obvious time and budget reasons.
We already have hotel and flights booked.
>>
>>1273123
Are you staying in the resort overnight then? If so then it shouldn't be a problem driving over to the rock, there will be groups doing that in the morning and then after sunset. It's only like a 10 minute drive if I remember correctly.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.