[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 40 nights too long for a Europe trip?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 0

Going in December with three friends and we ended up booking for 40 nights.

We originally planned like 32ish days but one of my friends suggested depart/return days that totalled this long and we just went with it. Though i'm still excited to go, I feel a little bit of regret at agreeing with the length. I can already imagine getting homesick halfway through.

Last time I travelled to Singapore for just over a week with family, and even then I got bored and wanted to go home halfway through.

I'm hoping its different this time since i'm with friends so we can go out and have more fun, and we will be travelling to many cities.
>>
If you are travelling from one place to another every few days it's not too long.

Well maybe it will get long for you, but Europe is quite diverse and there are so many countries and things to see.

You might get tired of your friends, though.
>>
>>1272234
depends on what you like to do
it's way too much to get drunk every evening and go around the most touristic places during the days
it's not enough to learn some culture and shit
>>
>>1272234
If you spend like 4 days per country, you are golden. Go to eastern europe and the balkans by bus, you will love how diverse europe is.

What country are you guys flying to/from?
>>
>>1272234

Well since you've booked it already, i think you shouldn't worry. Just accept that you're going to have a rad time for 40 days! Empty your mind of your fears, they will get you no where. A life lead by hope offers better returns than a life held captive by fear.

"to hope is dangerous, and yet it is the opposite of fear, for to live is to risk" ~ rebecca solnit

I booked a solo eurotrip for 27 days over October. I wish I gave myself more time. :(
>>
>>1272234
depends if you've been before and will likely ever be back.
Met people while in France for a weekend who were in Europe for 3 months.
When you're abroad you meet different people, as long as you are not that awkward, and they usually don't mind speaking about banal rubbish like experiences and travel plans.
>>
>>1272234

You'll have fun.

Just keep busy and make sure you have a plan to meet up with your friends if you all disagree on where to stay and for how long.

I hitchhiked through Europe over the course of about 40 days and had a blast, especially in the Balkans. Definitely see some of Eastern Europe while you're in the region. It's not nearly as dangerous or dismal as you've been led to believe, and the locals tend to be a bit more friendly and curious about tourists versus in visitor-inundated countries like France and the United Kingdom.

There's nothing wrong with getting homesick.

I usually travel for months at a time and often wind up missing my car or motorcycle. Sometimes simple things like being able to depend on a hot shower or food hygiene standards can garner a certain appeal when you've been over the road for too long.

At least for me, I've come to appreciate that, as nice as those things are, I don't miss them any more than traveling once I'm back home.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.