[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working holiday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

did you get a working holiday visa? where did you go? did you work there? etc. im planning to get a WH visa but im a pussy and my job rn is going well, so i need advise. the places i have in mind are poland, norway, ireland, and if i cant then germany, new zealand n australia
>>
>>1271588
i did a working holiday visa in the uk, then managed to get a tier 2 work visa off the back of it.
it was pretty expensive though as the UK government is super backwards and requires all visa applications to be from the citizen's home country, meaning i had to fly back to australia to apply. fucking retarded imo.
after all that, i didn't even like it there as its kind of shit, so i left.
>>
>>1271588
I'm a Mexican and I want to get a WH visa to work and travel Australia. How hard is it to get?
>>
>>1271588
don't go to the UK or Ireland, there's a massive recession on the way in those countries, in the next months, all the markets are pointing to it. There will be no availible jobs. Also its very difficult to get in, because they don't share the EU visa system.
Poland sounds good, or Germany.
>>
>>1271588
>>1272419
Don't worry about getting a visa to Australia. Just check the job shortage list and declare at customs that you have experience in one of those areas. They'll usually ask a small fee ($50) and then take you to visa processing.
This is what my wife did and she got a visa without issue and without having to book ahead but as this is due to western free movement agreements, be sure you are from a western country.
Mexico might be tricky but if you explain in full it won't be an issue.
>>
>>1272534
Sorry, you can do this on arrival in Australia. Fucking way easier than the online visa method.
>>
>>1272534
But if I don't have any experience in those jobs would it still work?
>>
>>1272539
Not that anon but one of my buddies(US) I know managed to get in as a landscape gardener like this and his experience was tending the lawn at his school for about 6 weeks.
>>
>>1271588
I got a WH visa in Japan working in a supermarket in Hokkaido. Shit pay but some of the best times of my life partying and snowboarding everyday. I lost my virginity on that trip too so it was a great time.

Currently filling out my application for a WH in The Netherlands. Just do it anon. May as well use them before you turn 30 right
>>
I'm on a WH in Lyon, France. Most employers are arrogant about hiring foreigners and there is a shit ton of bureaucracy involved in getting all the documents you need to have a normal life here but the pay is good once you find a job. Don't do it for the money though, the experience is far more valuable than you imagine right now. Also fire up tinder or go out a lot so you can find a qt gf and have a great time while you're here.
>>
>>1271588
>did you get a working holiday visa? where did you go?
Yes, last November I went to Australia, ended up leaving after 7 months but not fully because I didn't like it (I did).

>did you work there?
Yes, I found jobs easily in Melbourne. I do have a lot of experience in admin work so it was really easy to get jobs in that field for me through recruitment agencies. I did have a hard time later on finding a job to get my second year. You have to work in rural Australia, meaning on farms or construction or some shit like that. I got a job but quit it after 2 weeks. The guy who hired me turned out to be an asshole and I ultimately didn't go to Australia to be yelled and swore at for really minor things.
>>
>>1272632
>I got a WH visa in Japan working in a supermarket in Hokkaido

What were the criteria? Do you have to speak Japanese?
>>
>>1273283
Nope. The thing about the ski slopes is that everyone speaks english anyway. I just applied on a site called snowworkers . com or something and within a week I got an email back asking for a skype interview. Interview went for about 10 minutes and at the end he just goes, "Ok, cool. Email me again when you have your visa and we'll see you 1st of December"

3 months later I was there.

I learnt to speak Japanese while I was there anyway.

Do it anon.
>>
>>1273398
Site doesn't seem to be active anymore. Such a shame, seems like a great experience.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.