[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cambodia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1280px-Angkor_Wat.jpg (392KB, 1280x870px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Angkor_Wat.jpg
392KB, 1280x870px
Anything worth seeing in Cambodia apart from Angkor?
>>
The problem with Cambodia is Thailand does everything better. You might find a few nice spots in bars and whatever but most of the country is populated by people too stupid to be marked for genocide by pol pot and bottom of the barrel Westerners who fled to Cambodia because they can be left alone to do Meth and commit sex crimes.
>>
>>1271325
The moment when I realized that our tuk tuk guy/guide was Khmer Rouge, killed people himself.
>>
>>1271325
I see. The thing is as much as I read about Cambodia, I don't find anything really interesting apart from Angkor. Maybe it would be a good idea to spend just 3 days in the country and them move somewhere else in SEA.

>>1271328
kek. Just another day in Cambodia I guess.
>>
You should see Kom Pong Som and Keep. They have some nice beaches. I've lived for almost 3 years. Don't expect quality customer service, it's total Shit especially after they get your money. You can find cheap places to live $80 to $90 a month. Typically, they don't like confrontation so if you end up yelling at them because your pissed off at there lazy ass. It's unlikely anything will happen. The beaches are pretty relaxed. But watch out for thieves. Lots of fucking thieves.
>>
Kep not Keep fucking auto-correct
>>
I've said it before and I'll say it again

Only reason to go to Thailand is to fuck little girls

Only reason to go to Cambodia is to fuck little boys

Literally don't know of a single person that has traveled to either of those places and wasn't some sick twisted freak unfit for western civilization
>>
maybe Ta Prohm or Siem Reap, im going in Oktober/Nov.
>>
>>1271318
Kep is cool. Abandoned, overgrown mid-20th century holiday villas.

I went when it was a lot cheaper, it's pretty much Thailand prices now and I'm not sure it's worth that
>>
>>1271318
Battambang is a low-key city in cambodia and the temples/ artifical lake made by forced labor during pol pot's regime are nice, rent a bike there though to see those stuff or arrange with a tuktuk driver, also theres a cave where you go at sunset and see like a million bats go out all at once
>>
OP here. Thank you guys for the suggestions, I'm discovering some interesting places.
>>
Oh yeah, if you're in Pnom Penh you should definitely go to the Killing Fields and S-21 prison. It's not exactly fun but a good insight into Cambodia's history and why it's been so fucked up.
>>
>>1271921
Cambodia expat here.

If you are really heavily into archeology and ancient civilizations, then the old Khmer empire made way more impact than "just" Angkor Wat. Check the documentaries on the topic.

Cambodia is mainly a people-thing. You feel a lot of sympathy for the (mainly) air-head locals. It is a good place to be an expat 'cause of visa reasons. Also a good place to fuck boys and girls. Good place to break some minor laws and get away with it. Decent internet. It still feels a little bit outlaw, but of course not as wild as it used to be in the nineties (when I first should have gone).

Unfortunately you get a lot of the Pattaya scum filtering through Phnom Penh, but they are not as plentiful as in Pattaya or Bangkok.

There are more and more western hipsters being sighted, if this is a good or bad thing depends on you. You can get decent haircuts, get good coffee, hang in trendy bars, and even buy a locally customized cafe-racer.

I love Cambodia and can't wait to go back. Every time I go to Thailand I just want to get out. Also, the Thais suck the cock of the government. The Khmer love their king but not in a sissy submissive way like the Thais do.
>>
>>1271820
To add to my previous post, check out ratanakiri and mondulkiri provinces, i did 3 days trekking in a national park from banlung town (forgot the name of it) where i trekked in deep jungle with machetes and slept with some minorities and eventually built a bamboo raft and sailed backto the mainland.
In banlug there's an ecolodge (forgot name but it contains ecolodge) that is built like a house in the middle of the jungle, pretty neat place and cheap, and next to it there's this cafe called cafe ale(i think) that is run by this canadian expat and his cambodian wife, the guy is fucking amazing he speaks like 10 languages and has been working around for like 20 years, seriously if you go there meet him and just talk to him about something you'll be amazed.

Phnom penh has lots of underground/hidden places it's not just s-21 and the killing fields, though you might need an insider for that.
>>
>>1271343
Have you been taking your medication?
Every country has some sort of sick twisted shit. I mean not every African country has child soldiers, so why believe that only sick-twisted-fucks visit those countries alone?
>>
>>1271325
/cambodia thread/
>>
I realize this is not everyone's priority, but the food.
>>
>>1271318
Cambodia is very beautifull but the fucking tuktuk drivers drove me crazy,
I want to genocide all of them
>>
>>1272211
>>1271820
Good stuff thanks mate
>>
File: lucky 2.jpg (2MB, 1728x2304px) Image search: [Google]
lucky 2.jpg
2MB, 1728x2304px
betelnut tour to phnom tamao wildlife rescue center.
>http://www.betelnuttours.com/phnomtamao/

>inb4 shill
your goddamn right, i shill this like a motherfucker in every cambodia thread i see here. it was one of the absolute highlights of my trip to cambodia. great guides, great experiences with the animals, and the best meal i had the entire trip. pic very related-my wife with lucky the elephant.
>>
I enjoyed boating on Tonle Sap, can be a bit of a tourist trap with prices.
>>
>>1275253
Man, that's a misleading name. Don't get me wrong, the tour package looks just fine. It's just weird that they would call it a betel nut tour.

It would be like if I went to Europe and took a tobacco tour.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.