[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true about Italians?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Is it true that Italians clap when airplane landed?
>>
>>1271309
This seems more like /int/ banter than /trv/.
Southern Italians do clap when planes land, yes. Northerners think that's retarded.
>>
As a guy that was on 20+ Ryanair and Alitalia flights to Italy I can confirm there are always a few old ladies that calp on landing.
>>
>>1271309
Well I don't, but I've been on flights from Malpensa, Bergamo, Ciampino, maybe 50 times in my life, and yes a few of them had clapping onn landing. Maybe 25% did? I put it down to passengers new to air travel. One thing Italians used to do which was highly annoying, is turn up really late at checkin, the gate and sometimes cause delays. That was over 20 years ago.
>>
>>1271309
We had a trend a couple of years ago, now it's luckily more uncommon....we can be weird people
>>
>>1271309
True for Russia. When plane lands, the whole plane claps. I clap too, seems a nice tradition to me.
>>
Italian here, yes it was more common in the past but now it's a bit frowned upon. Personally I love clapping when the plane lands, it's a nice and fun thing to do all together, and a way to "celebrate" the fact that the flight is finally over and we can all start our holiday/go back home, and to let go the tension of the moment when there's bad weather and the landing was tough.

I think it's a nice tradition, and mostly I think it's super stupid to eliminate it just because "hurr durr what will foreigners on the plane think of us durr". Just one rule: if you're flying with Ryanair, the clap must start when the trumpet jingle plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JgBZlGzeYQ
>>
I just came back from three weeks in Europe in which I took a flight to Italy, to Spain, and to Portugal. Every single one most of the plane clapped away like idiots. No idea why. So in my experience 3 weeks ago, yes, they applaud.
>>
>>1271309
was on a flight from pisa-england a few days ago, and maybe 3/4 people clapped.
>>
>be me 17
>fly London-Venice
>I'm with a group of other kids coming back from a study holiday
>turbulence, plane fucking shaking, it's raining outside
>our guardians start making us sing "Lemon Tree" to calm us down
>some passengers join in
>we land and everyone claps
But then, in the present day...
>be me 25
>fly Venice-Manchester by myself
>nearing our destination, the pilot asks that the passengers do not clap through the intercom
>>
>>1271683
Based pilot
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.