[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you travel with just $1000

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

im from africa
>>
>>1271218
Walk to other countries that are also in Africa.

Maybe hop on top of a train when it slows down.
>>
>>1271218
Where in Africa? What's your nationality? Do you have a passport? Are you willing/able to get a visa (No criminal record, proof of income, proof of family or ties to home country)? Where would you like to go? How long would you like to go? Do you wish to work while abroad or is $1000 your total budget?
>>
Get on a boat to Europe, go to Germany, get bennies to pay for a better trip
>>
>>1271218
Get a cheap ticket to SEA and stay there for a week or two.
>>
>>1271218
Take a raft from lybia to italy, once you are there my governement will invite you to live in berlin. Lots of cool things to see :)

Welcome to germany :):):):):)
>>
>>1271218
fuck off, we're full
>>
File: 1497912926187.png (172KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
1497912926187.png
172KB, 500x490px
How to travel with a thousand dollars?

>grab money
>walk out door
>spend money on things you need
>go home when no money is left

I think I figured it out
>>
>>1271351
bitch i'm not trying to emigrate to ur shitty country
I'm asking about travel
There are myriads of blog posts out there about travelling on $1000, just want to get some advice from people who dun it
>>
>>1271239
I'm from Mauritius. It's like the Hawaii of the Indian Ocean and many European tourists come here although it costs a lot. Recently I've been reading a lot of blog posts about people travelling on little to no money at all ( VICE travel kinda articles) and I was wondering if it was possible given that I'm from an isolated tiny island.
>>
>>1271239
Sure I have a passport, I require no visa to travel to certain countries. I just want to discover another country, preferably another tropical country where it's warm. I wouldn't want to work.
>>
>>1271336
I HATE YOU
but this actually happens
>>
>>1271404
Stay in one spot or do a small loop within a country. You can get to south Africa for about 400 italy for about 520 and sri lanka for 600 plus 35 for a visa (check sky scanner everywhere, cheapest month for deals). Add an average 30-60 a day depending on location for accom plus food and internal transport.
>>
>>1271423
now this is helpful. thanks !
>>
>>1271400
Getting to and leaving islands is always expensive, sorry.
>>
>>1271428
nah like the anon said, south africa is pretty cheap
>>
>>1271426
Just checked proper dates turns out the 400 was for 28th of nov to 22nd of dec so doesn't really work on your budget. 28th nov to 10th dec goes for 508 could be doable if you can find a cheap hostel in joberg
>>
File: 1481774682261.jpg (45KB, 355x495px) Image search: [Google]
1481774682261.jpg
45KB, 355x495px
Are you interested in visiting Europe? I found a one way ticket to Munich for $228 on May 6th. You could try hunting for a cheap return ticket from another Schengen country and spend May/June exploring Europe.
>>
>>1271218
>just $1000
>just
it's enough for me to travel around the world for 3 to 6 months.
Longer if I travel without a girl.
>>
>>1271600
Link?
>>
>>1271600
I'll be in school in May. I'll probably just go to South Africa in december, found a good deal
>>
>>1271716
are you that fag who lives on dry rice and refuses to take even bread from other people?
>>
>>1271766
nah, that's somebody else. I take whatever they give me (give. I never beg or ask), eat fruits by the roads, know how to dumpster dive and buy cheaply.
I hitchhike of course
>>
>>1271716
this, i lived in nepal for 5 months and in asia for 1.2 year for $950 with internet
>>
I like how OP just says "Africa" as though it were some small centralized place we all know of and not a fucking continent.
>>
>>1271939
finally somebody else, who can travel without spending shitloads of cash.
Cheers, mate!
where are you from?
>>
>>1271946
like u guys would take the time to google my country
oh wait maybe u would
>>
Get a bike, a tent, a portable stove and just go
>>
guys how do you travel with $20?
im from the northern hemisphere
>>
>>1272130
Make sure you pack plenty of fuel for your stove in your carry-on. It's a good way to make friends.
>>
>>1272141
>hitchhiking
>dumpster diving
>in a tent (or without if you're skilled and chilled out enough)
>cs or trustroots are not viable enough for longer periods if you aren't a girl and wish to avoid bigger cities
>eating little after realising that our entire population is overfed and could actually live just fine on half of what they eat

in fact, the only thing you can't really avoid to pay for are visas. They are cheap enough though.
>>
>>1272142
>Bought a bike
>Takes the plane
>>
>>1271218

>use $1000 to buy plane ticket to germany
>get off plane
>burn passport
>go to job centre and claim to be from syria
>use your bennies to travel around europe
>>
>>1273475
American "humor"
>>
>>1271347
Human traffickers ask for WAY more than $1000
>>
>>1271400
You can go to Reunion and say that you were on France.
>>
>>1273510
Reunion is boring af, I've been there and to most of the surrounding islands. But it's kinda pointless to visit other islands when you're from an island, u get me
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.