[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Peru Trek

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: salkantay-trek-1.jpg (123KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
salkantay-trek-1.jpg
123KB, 800x400px
Anyone done the Peru Salkantay trek into Machu Pichu?

I'm heading down early October. Seeking advice on clothing and general kit.

Extrapolate your onions pls.
>>
File: bing bing bong.gif (220KB, 243x253px) Image search: [Google]
bing bing bong.gif
220KB, 243x253px
>>1271147
Doing the Inca trail around the same time, I wouldn't mind some advice as well :)
>>
>>1271147
Yeah I did it. You can book it in any of the shops for $150 for the five day version.

First day: You walk up to the mountain, really nice views and you can go up a glacier lagoon which is really cool. Great day

Second day: You walk up to the mountain and over the pass, really GOAT views and the mountains look really rugged and later the day you decend to the jungle which is a nice change

Third day: Absolute shit, just walking on a shitty jungle road, nothing interesting. Later the day you can go to some hot springs that are nice but not really hot. Part of the day is done in bus

Fourth day: Really got annoyed that day because the night before they said "you can either go ziplining for $30 and we bring you to the hostel or you have to walk next to the road and railroad", fucking annoying to walk on that shitty road for two hours with no shade and trucks passing by and then the railroad track was pure cancer as well

Fifth day: Wake up really early, see Machu Picchu, don't forget to book a ticket to Machu Picchu or Huayna Picchu mountain or you can't climb it. MAKE SURE TO KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU ARE GOING TO GO BACK. If they say you go back by car: DON'T DO IT YOU WILL HAVE TO DECEND MACHU PICCHU AND WALK TO THE HOSTEL AND THEN BACK THE TRAIN TRACKS. It's pure cancer. And from there you have to wait maybe 2 or 3 or 4 hours before your shitty van departs that will take another good 3-4 hours to reach Cusco. Go back by train.

Oh and they will start hassling you for tips each day. First day it's nothing, but second day $10 for the mule handlers, then they want $20 for the cook and the guide wants $30 on the last day. I expected to give them maybe $20 in tips but that felt like a rip off. Just say you have only $25 with you or something and that's it.

I don't really know what to think of the trek, yes you get really nice views of the mountains but day 3 and 4 are hardly any walking and if I had to do it again I'd choose the four day version of the trek
>>
File: 1498166887455.png (54KB, 402x344px) Image search: [Google]
1498166887455.png
54KB, 402x344px
>>1271317

>Inca Trail

Fatty detected.
>>
>>1271330

Did you go with a group of randoms or just with the porters?

Gf and I want extra people for company, I imagine it can get quite awkward around a campsite, just us two foreigners and 7 Peruvian men, all talking shit in their native language.

We already got the booking into Machu Pichu and the mountain above it - Waynapichu, as well as a train trip back with the bubble canopy.
>>
>>1271330
What treks can you recommend in peru based on experience/hearsay
>>
>>1271547
randoms was full of tourist groups anyway

>>1271823
Everything in Huaraz it's incredibly beautiful you can go mountain climbing there as well but it's expensive. In Huaraz you can do day treks to incredible glacier lagoons and you can do multi day long treks like "Santa Cruz" or the Huayhuash Circuit which is one of the most beautiful ones in the world and encompasses the mountain range depicted in the movie "into the void". If you want an easy mountain go up the Misti volcano if you are reasonably fit you should make it. The trek to Colca Canyon is nice.

I stayed three weeks in Huaraz and it's an incredible place I would recommend you to hike there instead of Cusco. It's not full of tourists and the normal treks are cheap the only expensive thing is mountain climbing but boy is it cheap in comparison to Europe and it's so stunning it's hard to put in words.
>>
>>1271827
>"into the void
enter the void sorry.
>>
>>1271827
Sounds interesting thanks! i'll take a note
>>
>>1271828
I went looking for a torrent, it's actually Touching the Void
>>
>>1271877
Damn haha yeah that was the name of the movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNvBbtUcRkM

The guide I had in Huaraz worked for the rescue team and he told me a couple of grueling stories. There are some easy mountains but also pretty hard ones.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.