[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'Non-Social' countries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: 1495731141991.png (832KB, 925x842px) Image search: [Google]
1495731141991.png
832KB, 925x842px
What are some countries where people generally keep to themselves, are quiet in public, won't go up to you and try saying hello, etc? I'd really love this in my life, pretty much the opposite where I am now.
>>
>>1270833
The word I was looking for here is Introverted
>>
sweden
>>
Japan. At least, in Tokyo. Don't know about the rest of Japan.
>>
Scandinavia, Japan, Russia (not counting the occasional crazy drunk who wants to bum a cig or whatever)
>>
>>1270833
>>1270866
Sweden for sure

t.born and raised here
>>
>>1270833
Singapore has an advanced and civilized culture. Are you a burger refugee?
>>
Finland definitely, and also cities in eastern European countries with low levels of trust.
>>
Any country except Bangladesh and Indonesia.
>>
>>1270833
>pretty much the opposite where I am now.
So, where are you now OP?
>>
>>1270833
Best Korea
>>
>>1270833
i plan on living in Vietnam for these exact reasons
>>
>>1270915
people will talk to you in korea all the time, and you can't eat in a lot of restaurants alone. Japan is the place to be if you don't want to meet people.
>>
>>1270879
>>1270902

U.K.

People think it's a quiet, reserved country, but it really isn't. Neighbours all loud, people will try to talk to you at bus stops and shops (especially hair dressers), taxi drivers will try to make small talk, and any city centre will be very loud due to the amount of drunk idiots. The countryside is obviously more quiet but even village folk have a problem with being too friendly, if not more so. That's fine for some people, but I can't stand it.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, all places i've wanted to go. I figured Tokyo would be here. It seems like a dream place for me, both living in a Metropolis with access to things I need and people who just keep to themselves in public.
>>
>>1270984
>>1270867
On my first visit to Tokyo I had strangers initiate conversations with me. I'm not OP and it was nice enough for me. But I was surprised to see they're somewhat more sociable than I expected.
>>
>Japan
What are you talking about? I'm basically autistic and I've met plenty of Japanese people randomly that are great. Some of the older more well off ones will even invite groups of foreigners they meet out to dinner and buy them a great japanese dinner and drinks! All you have to do is be polite.

Since English is not common at all in Japan outside of big cities a lot of people who know english love talking to foreigners so they can practice. For a lot of them it's a professional thing because they know they want keep their English sharp. Japanese are also so nice too they'll buy your food/drink while you're out of with them, I feel guilty but they tell the waitstaff in japanese not to let you pay. Literally been sitting in places like Sendai eating then suddenly have my meal and some drinks paid for because I shot the shit with somebody who went up and talked to me because I'm foreign. Didn't realize or want them to pay until I was leaving and they told the person not to let me pay and that they had it. No real ulterior motive besides wanting to practice english and talk with a foreigner.

Fuck what people say, people in Japan are some of the nicest and friendliest people I've ever met. It's only idiots and rude people that try to act like they're Japanese who Japanese people will be outright mean to. You can fuck up every Japanese custom and as long as you're polite(and not japanese) they'll think nothing of and even think it's endearing but if you do every japanese thing correct(and even speak perfect japanese) and be rude they'll rightfully treat you like pondscum
>>
>>1270833
Finland
>>
>>1270992
I'm this person but countries that I find that are actually introverted to foreigners out of the 29 I've been to
>Sweden
>Germany
>UK
>Taiwan
>Switzerland
>Italy
Not to say I haven't met super friendly people from these countries outside of them and didn't meet really cool people from different countries while I was in these countries.
Areas of the US will feel like a shell of human existence to foreigners and you will feel the depths of human loneliness and others parts people will find it unbelievable you are foreign and ask you a lot of questions. And yes the vast majority of them will be friendly about it even though they have things they are ignorant about.
>>
>>1270997
Oh yea Hungary and Finland
>>
>>1270992

My experience in Japan was the same, however it only applies if you speak English.
(I am Chinese)
>>
>>1270992
I'd pretty much hate that. I understand being treated differently for being English or whatever, i'd expect that, but i'd hate people just coming up to me and being friendly because of this. Kinda wanting the opposite of this, not rude people, but being left the fuck alone. I would seriously consider pretending to be a non-english speaker just to get people not to talk to me.
>>
Northern Europe, Japan, Canada
>>
>>1270833
Brazil :)
>>
>>1270997
>Germany

Only the northern Part.

t. north German who hates southerners.
>>
>Scandinavia

It's a meme alright. You're much more likely to get into contact with random locals in Scandinavia than elsewhere simply because those fuckers up there speak English. People in the Baltic States or East Central Europe are much more hesitant to approach strangers because
A) they're conscious about their non-existant English skills and
B) their culture isn't exactly extrovert. Unlike Romania or Bulgaria where nobody speaks English but they're happy to converse with foreigners in any way possible anyway.

Scandinavians MAY be more introvert than other people but being able to actually have a conversation with strangers helps break the ice immensely.
>>
File: 1491998891412.png (72KB, 226x263px) Image search: [Google]
1491998891412.png
72KB, 226x263px
>>1270992
Maybe it's because you're white? I'm a 6'0 270lb brown man. Literally nobody approached me. I guess I looked scary or something.
>>
>>1271142
desu the Danes were might be the nicest people I encountered in Europe
>>
>>1271135
>Brazil
AHAHAHAHA
no
>>
>>1271135
That's more like the opposite of what OP wants
>>
Anywhere in Europe.
>>
>>1271552
>>1271157
that's the meme guys. I despise latinos just as much as the next guy
>>
>>1271149
I am a tall, black man in Japan.
>>
>>1271594
People that look American in the Hollywood sense or look like any singer in the top billboard charts are going to get more positive attention in Asia. Just my experience and talking with friends.

So yes anon. If you're tall and black people will talk to you. Same if you're white with purdy blue eyes. I can imagine Latin looking people have it tougher than us.
>>
>>1270833
Norway 100%

If you talk to anyone here, they'll assume you have a mental condition and try to get away asap, without angering you and inciting an attack.
>>
>>1271558
Good one.
>>
>>1270866
>>1270878
>>1270833
These guys know, anon. Best place for quiet relaxation, just avoid the south of Stockholm and Malmo and you'll be in paradise.
>>
>>1270987
this, espec london. deafening and crowded, its terrible.
>>
Just be ugly and have a scary face, nobody will talk to you.

This is my case. I have been in 3 continents and nobody talked to me.
>>
>>1272161
The sad part i,I've extensively travelled over the past decade and despite being objectively ugly and 'wrong' skin colour people all over the world (no country in particular) are always keen to start a conversation and find out more about a new stranger in their town.

The world is, unfortunately, filled with very nice and kind people.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.