[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question: if my "Place of birth" (the city) is different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1499372585091.png (396KB, 389x581px) Image search: [Google]
1499372585091.png
396KB, 389x581px
Question: if my "Place of birth" (the city) is different on my visa application to my passport, will I still be allowed entry?

I fucked up the visa app and put a different city of birth to what it says on my passport but I just realised and don't have time to change it (probably).
I don't know if it will be a big deal, since everything else is correct, etc, and it's hardly, uhhh, important?

I just don't wanna be denied entry, or not allowed to board the plane at all...

Anyone?
>>
>>1270808

you fucked up
>>
>>1270811
Are you sure
>>
I forgot to mention: The visa was GRANTED already, but I don't have time to amend the error
>>
>>1270814
You can hope that whoever's handling the counter will miss it. Else your visa will probably be useless. They might deny you entry, but if you're lucky they'll let you through on a short-term pass of some sort.
>>
>>1270819
but WHY? It literally doesn't matter. It's just city of birth?
>>
>>1270814
It's more important than you think because there has to be an exact match between the details on the visa and your travel document.
>>
>>1270821
Yeah so I'm fucked, is what you're saying?

I thought because it's just minor info and not really critical information like PP num, etc, that it wouldn't matter so much and can be changed later w.e

JUST
FUCK
MY
ITINERARY
UP
>>
>>1270822
There is a chance that they will miss it.

1. They might just scan your passport and see that you have a valid visa on the system and not bother checking the actual details of the visa.

2. Even if they do check the actual visa, they might miss the error.

3. Even if they spot the error, they might let you through on a short-term pass (you'll probably have to reapply for your visa).

It really depends on many factors - your luck, the type of visa you're holding, the country you're visiting, etc. Good luck.
>>
>>1270823
>(you'll probably have to reapply for your visa).
There is a form you can submit for any errors anyway, I just don't think it will be processed in time, etc.
>>
>>1270820

>it doesn't matter
Date of birth+place is literally the most important identifier after the name. Why do you think it is included in documents? What do you think is supposed to happen when they are two people withh the same name?
>>
Update us on what happens pls op
>>
>>1270845
Why? You in same position?

>Inb4 I get denied entry and the gloved finger in the ass
>>
>went to check my passport
>only has state I was born in

huh?
>>
>>1270851
I'm not American, not everyone is, you know this yeah?

My passport has "Place Of Birth: (City here)"
>>
It's the same country, right? I once filled a bunch of visa applications with the wrong city. The reason being that for whatever reason, when I got a new passport, my birthplace was changed from the smaller city I was born in to the larger one next door.
>>
File: Shut_Up_Faggot.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Shut_Up_Faggot.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>1270847
I just wanna see if it works out for OP, if it does I know I might be able to get away with some traveling mistakes if I mess up. Hopefully the prostate exam won't be too bad

So OP, did ya make it?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.