[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point in travelling if you are a wagecuck? I get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

What is the point in travelling if you are a wagecuck? I get 2 weeks a year that cannot be taken in a row. That means I would get maybe 3 days where im not actively traveling to or from a destination. Its more relaxing to stay home and treat yourself to a whore and a good meal.
>>
>>1270707
don't you have a country close by you could fly to in 2 hours? and if there is a small airport nearby that can fly to that country you don't have to spend 4 hours going through customs. There are also road trips where the transit is part of the fun, just drive 3-4 hours a day and see what you come across. I can relate though, i hate tying myself down to a job in the usa because the vacation here is a joke, it's more of a time to catch your breath.
>>
>>1270707
>What is the point in travelling if you are a wagecuck?
Depends what you define as traveling. Just because you aren't going to Singapore doesn't mean you aren't traveling.

>I get 2 weeks a year that cannot be taken in a row.
Says who? Oh are you one of those people who tells someone a week or two before they want to take a 2 week vacation that they want it? Seriously not much of an issue if you give month or two planning for 90% of the imte.

>that means I would get maybe 3 days where im not actively traveling to or from a destination.
direct flights, they cost a bit more but paying to save time. Traveling on weekends is also a way to save time/money. Is there no close destination you would like to go? Are you one of those "I have to go somewhere niche to even think of having a good time!"

>Its more relaxing to stay home and treat yourself to a whore and a good meal.
>>
I unhironically can't understand how amerifats can travel, given they have so few days of vacation during the year. Don't you go crazy after a while? I mean I get almost an entire month (august) of summer holiday plus all the random holidays during the year (christmas, easter, etc.) it's another month.
>>
>>1270765
American here, taking the full month of august off with 0 issues. It's usually easy to take vacation time in good chunks as long as you let your employer know well before hand. Just told my company well ahead of time about the 4+ weeks I needed off and worked around scheduling to make it happen.

Usually you get 2 weeks off and accrue X hours each paycheck. The problem is usually that people like OP decide they are going to take a vacation, let the company know like a week before "hey I need like 2 weeks off next week, that's cool right?"
>>
>>1270707

You've answered your own question lol. Wagecucks can't travel because you're getting fucked over by your boss and make shitty money.
>>
>>1270771

If you can leave for a month and the company is fine you probably do jack shit.
>>
>>1270790
Nope, head Sys admin at my job. Planned ahead with basic daily tasks for my other admins to check on and reviewed how to preform them. Just need to keep my company phone and take my laptop with me to Japan, and respond to emails every now and then.
>>
>>1270765
Normie Americans who aren't rich don't care about travelling. Most people just go in a car for a few days to some shithole beach.
>>
>tfw wagecuck

Iktfb
>>
become a teacher. a month and a half off straight every year.
>>
>>1270794

>i can go on vacation for however long I want
>just a catch, I still work on vacation

top kek you cuck

are too much of a beta to turn off your phone?
>>
>>1271120
But teachers have the hardest job because sometimes they have to prepare a lesson on their own time or go to a summer workshop XDxDDD
>>
File: 1471686982485.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471686982485.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>1271353
Teachers have the hardest job because they have to deal with shitty kids like you would produce.
>>
Plan further in advance. Those policies aren't usually that strict if you're a good employee. They'll go the extra mile to keep you satisfied if you do your work well.
>>
>>1270765
America is the greatest country in the history of human civilization, we didn't get tgat way by not working anon. Try to contribute more you worthless Euro.
>>
I have 24 days of vacation per year and I thought it wasn't much...

Taking 3 weeks in August btw
>>
>>1270707
just join the navy and go to japan. dont wanna work for the government? ok cool, work for the military sealift command which is civilian sector maritime expedition units that assist military and make 60-80k a year and travel alot. dont like water? be an engineer that does contract work for military. the only one of these jobs that require a degree is independant contractor.
source: myself. 7 year active duty Navy sailor that works as an interior communications electrician. trust me. I dont have anything more than a highschool degree and i know more than most people that went to school for engineering purely because of my on the job training. just sit down and apply yourself to something and stick with it.
>>
>>1271353
teacher here, i might be young and still "pure" but i don't get why colleagues hate this job

>desk job, stressing but at least not tiring
>not paid enough but still higher wage than the average one in the public sector
>relatively independent (inside of programs and guidelines, i get to decide how i prepare lessons and stuff)
>shitton of vacations
>90% of the kids are shitty people that will become even shittier adults, but why would i even care (also the 10% is there to cheer me up)
>>
>>1270710
> Traveling on weekends is also a way to save time/money.

90% of the time I travel I go to the airport straight from work on a Friday night. You pay more to fly on Friday / Saturday because that's when most people want to fly but it means you maximise your time.
>>
it's the same shit working in Canada...most corporate employers will start you off with 2 weeks vacation and then move you up to 3 after 2-3 years if you're lucky.
>>
>>1271435
Yes good goy keep on working
>>
>>1271435
It's always fun being Northern European and watching Americans brag about their nation.
>>
>>1271699
>13 weeks paid holiday every year
>6 of those in summer, 2 at Xmas
>Been to 5 continents in the last 2 years

I fucking love this job. I have no savings because I blow all my money on travelling. I'm 29 and as of yesterday day (arrived in Barcelona) I've been to 29 countries
>>
>>1272214
what do you do?
>>
>>1272224
anon I...

try following the string of conversation
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.