[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on traveling with a suit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4343.jpg (488KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4343.jpg
488KB, 1080x1920px
Thoughts on traveling with a suit?
>>
File: 1486542073449.jpg (10KB, 189x266px) Image search: [Google]
1486542073449.jpg
10KB, 189x266px
>>
>>1270654
To blend in with the locals
>>
>>1270659

> tfw too poor to visit ReviewbrahLand

:( why even live
>>
>>1270659
>To blend in with the locals

lol, people woud just assume you are traveling for work and either try to rip you off even moreso or ignore you completely
>>
Does anyone have the gif of his hot milf mommy?
>>
>>1270682
This
>>
Autists shouldn't travel.
>>
>>1271046
Why not?
>>
>>1271380
fuck! she looks sexually active
>>
>>1271387
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbViuz7Sr1Q
>>
>>1270644
try that in Guatemala and you will get shot
>>
On our RTW trip my girlfriend and I got tailored formalwear made for us in Hanoi and humped it halfway across the globe. It was worth it when we hit the opera in Prague dressed to the fucking nines.
But no, it isn't a good idea OP.
>>
I wonder if suits would help in some of the snobbier cities. Parts of NYC and LA for instance.
>>
>>1271616
in my experience wearing a nice suit makes people treat you better
>>
File: David-Choe-Thumbs-Up-.jpg (93KB, 865x496px) Image search: [Google]
David-Choe-Thumbs-Up-.jpg
93KB, 865x496px
>>1270644
my dream is to be a sleazy hitchhiker like Dave Choe so a suit is a definite must.
>>
>>1271616
LA native here. Nobody wears suits here except bankers and detectives. People are pretty nice on the rare occasions I wear one, though, and it generally seems to make women a lot more interested in me, if you're looking for that effect.

I'm going to Japan in a few weeks and doing some work over there, so I'm thinking about bringing a suit. Not sure if it's too much trouble or not though, nothing I'm doing is super-formal but I think a suit would be worth extra points.
>>
>>1270644

An unlined linen suit would be cooler than t-shirt & shorts

For a shirt you can wear a polo or maybe a square-hemmed linen shirt worn untucked

I would happily wear that to museums/shopping malls

Shoes - boat shoes, maybe something suede, Sperry loafers etc

More casually / off the beaten track I would wear shorts and a long sleeve linen shirt, covered placket, with the option of rolling the sleeves up obviously
>>
>>1271665
definitely more common than in LA, can relate for both, LA is just a big beach town
>>
>>1271665
look up japanese summer business attire

it gets super hot and humid and the summer and salary men dress less formal during this time
>>
What about Darjeeling limited? They all wore suits in fucking India.
>>
>>1271380
>that lip biting smirk
>>
I'm canadian and I sweat like fucking crazy in hotter climates... so a suit sounds like death to me.. that being said, if I wasn't backpacking in the tropics, I would consider it alright in Europe or any real cosmopolitan city, for a business trip.. and only for a business trip.
Do you wear a suit casually at home?
>>
>>1270644
Do you even need to treat flying like an occasion anymore. I mean if the flight is more than 10+ hours why give the airline your Sundays-Best?
>>
File: waaat.jpg (175KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
waaat.jpg
175KB, 1500x1000px
Suits are great if going out at night is something you're into. They're really impressive and make you seem like you're not just some scrub there to get shitfaced. Really good for picking up not only the local girls but also traveling ones as you can lie about being there on a business trip.

Also, pic related for wearing a suit in hot climates. They're not the same as wearing one for the office.
>>
>>1273118
whatyouthinkyoulooklikewhatyoureallylooklike.jpg
>>
>>1270644
Why bother when everyone in Southeast Asia is going to try to sell you one anyways?
>>
>>1271665
>detectives
Kek hello L.A. Noire

Where can I go to Los Angeles if I want to have a film noir detective experience?
>solving mysteries
>meeting dames
>unironically wearing a fedora
>sultry Jazz music playing in background
>>
The divide between what you think you look like and how you actually look grows by at least 40% when traveling.

So yeah why not wear a fucking suit as you sit by yourself fiddling with your phone or whatever? Jesus the delusion on this shitty board.
>>
>>1270644
Lose the tie and unbutton top button. I usually wear it so I don't have fold my suit in my luggage. If it's getting too hot, don't take the coat off because your shirt is probably coated with visible sweat spots.
>>
I wear a suit when I travel if I'm going somewhere that I'll need a suit with me. It's the best way to transport it, imo. Yeah you can pack it away, but they're kind of bulking and you don't want to wrinkle it like crazy.

So when I go back to school or come home for the summer, I wear a suit. But if I'm flying to see friends for a weekend or go on vacation and don't plan to go out fancy on the town, it's t-shirt/jacket, jeans, and easily removable shoes.
>>
>>1273349
I don't follow
>>
>>1273349
You're not presenting your argument clearly. Try again please. I don't know what your opinion is besides the fact that you're angry
>>
>>1270644
always
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.