[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to go in 2018, on $5,500 budget?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 5500-image-red.png (108KB, 617x237px) Image search: [Google]
5500-image-red.png
108KB, 617x237px
I have the chance to travel anywhere in the world, on a total budget of $5,500, between July and August 2018.

Male, late twenties, from NYC, solo traveler.

Any recommendations?
>>
Literally anywhere?

Even if you pay $1,000 for airfare and have the whole two months, $70 per day is fine for almost anywhere in the world, provided you're somewhat frugal.

If you're not, it's enough to live well in SEA or India or Latin America or basically anywhere that isn't Northern Europe or Chinkistan.
>>
Yes, I can go anywhere. There aren't any restrictions on the length of the trip, so long as It is anytime between July and August, 2018.

The $5,500 should include airfare + hotels.
>>
>>1270424

Then you have to be a bit more specific regarding your interests.
>>
>>1270424
Do you want us to guess where you should go OP because you gave us 0 information on what you like, what languages you can speak/willing to learn, or anything else. No one here is going to want to sit around and play guessing games
>>
>>1270431
Food, nightlife, cultural exploration.
>>
>>1270437

Again, pretty much anywhere.

Holy shit, senpai.
>>
>>1270410
New Zealand or Costa Rica
>>
Threads like this should be deleted honestly.

>guys I wanna go do stuff I need help
Like what?
>I dunno stuff everyone does everywhere

Seriously OP no one can help you with this little info. You might as well throw darts at a map and pick the closest big city to where it lands.
>>
>>1270437
SEA, almost no language barrier, cheap, ton of food, ton of cultural stuff, ton of activities, ton of partying. You might even have change left over after two months
>>
>>1270421
>Literally anywhere?
Exactly the first thoughts I voiced when I read the OP.
>>1270454
Also this. Don't fucking travel at all if you can't come up yourself with at least a single fucking place or thing you'd like to see or do.
>>
>>1270410
Iceland
>>
>>1270410
5500$ lmao

I lived in Montenegro for 3 months and spent a little more than half of that. Got a nice beach house for around 300 a month down in Bar, and lived to a higher living standard than I do at home (bought better food, went drinking regularly, dined out, took girls out)

Hell son, for 5500, you could even live in a major city for a month no problem
>>
File: my feeling exactly.png (95KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
my feeling exactly.png
95KB, 219x230px
>>1270474
>>1270806
>providing helpful answers to an unhelpful op
enabling scum like you should be banned
>>
>>1270816
Shh, don't tell OP, but 5500 actually isn't enough to survive anywhere that isn't a third world shithole. Once he goes to a place and blows his budget in a week, he'll shit bricks
>>
>>1270806
The $5,500 isn't my money. It is a contest I won, where the prize was I could travel anywhere in the world, and the organization would cover it, for a solo traveler, up to $5,500, so long as the travel took place between July and August 2018.
>>
>>1270816
Sorry if I pissed anybody off. Maybe I should have worded my post differently.

If you had $5,500 of free money, and were forced to travel solo, between July and August 2018, where would you go, and what would you do?
>>
>>1271033
Costarica
Or thailand
>>
>>1270816
Sorry if I pissed anybody off. Maybe I should have worded my post differently.

If you had $5,500 of free money, and were forced to travel solo, between July and August 2018, where would you go, and what would you do?
>>
>>1271040
I would go somewhere cheap and do hookers and blow
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.