[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nonrev Airline Employee Travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Barcelona_finals-33-580x386[1].jpg (71KB, 580x386px) Image search: [Google]
Barcelona_finals-33-580x386[1].jpg
71KB, 580x386px
Thread for pilots, flight attendants, ground crews, gate agents and subhuman buddy pass travelers on here that fly standby for free.

>getting stuck at airports
>flying to random countries for a day
>taking flights just to get first class
>overbooked planes
>going anywhere in the world for free

standby flyer general
>>
>>1270347
gf works for lufthansa since a year now. did fra-sea and fra-jnb so far, but not for free.. on the jnb flight the purser said my clothes arent nice enough.. i was wearing jeans and check shirt. should i wear a fucking smoking with cylinder hat or what? what do you guys wear when flying stand by?
>>
>>1270347

Ground crew from Canada reporting in. Where are the rest of my bag chuckers at?
>>
>>1270368
>on the jnb flight the purser said my clothes arent nice enough.. i was wearing jeans and check shirt. should i wear a fucking smoking with cylinder hat or what? what do you guys wear when flying stand by?
You should dress better. Your "gf" can lose her privileges FOREVER when nonrevs break rules, argue with flight personnel or even reveal they are flying nonrev. Until the past decade, most airlines didn't relax dress code for their nonrevs whatsoevr...sneakers were prohibited, stockings for women, long sleeve and other rules were quite detailed. It may seem silly to you not to be comfortable or that you would have to dress better than people who are paying $12k for their ticket but that's the way it has always been so that you don't offend their passengers.

I'm a 4time nonrev, both grandfathers were Delta pilots with hire dates in the 1940s when their airline was purchased by Delta (Chicago and Southern), giving me seniority at the top of the list when there was a list. Before 9/11, Delta wasn't the load factor it is today, and I used to be not have to worry about ATL connections if I was crafty. After that, it was near impossible, and though open ended travel is the main draw, getting the occasional 1st class is nice too, but is rare with the upgrade lists and certain business commuter routes.

At the same time, my father was management with a certain unnamed but no longer existing airline, and at the glory decades of that, his seniority and class allowed travel that was before passengers if I was traveling with him. I grew up with some sensational "just for the day" kind of travel whimsy, and I most of my school years I was absent the maximum of 30days in the calendar year to enjoy travel that was purely for pleasure. There would be cities like New Orleans, Mexico City, San Francisco, DC, which had good transport or things to do that a breakfast flight, empty suitcase for shopping, lunch or museums plans made the day, and a dinner and a movie.
>>
>>1270369
did that job for 5 years for a frequency commuter airline.

15 hours a day loading planes and running bags.
on a hot summer ramp or brutal NE winters. No idea how I lasted that long.

Glad I'm an HDQ office monkey now.

>>1270368
Business casual, each airline posts their own standards. The better you dress the better your chances of a cabin upgrade
>>
File: Buisness-Casual-Men-Shoesjpg.jpg (93KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Buisness-Casual-Men-Shoesjpg.jpg
93KB, 800x500px
>>1270397
i didnt argue with nobody and my gf is real so no need for " ".. lol.
>dress better than people who are paying $12k for their ticket
one guy walked around in boxershorts in the business class during the flight.
>>1270400
is there any form of business casual that not makes me look like a faggot? clothing is really not my topic (for good) and i would be thankful for any advice. pic is what i get from google for business casual and i hate that slim fit shit.
>>
>>1270409
fuck if I know I just do khakis and a button up shirt. Some people go full suit and tie.

Its really up to the gate agent, I worked that job as well and looked the other way on tons of violations to the non rev policy. That girl whos family got booted off a united flight for the "no leggings" policy would have no problem boarding with me.

Also, dont be a dick to the gate agent. I remember one day someone on a buddypass was being a fucking dick. I wasnt going to narc on him but I did fuck him over pretty hard, I called the counter and told the agents to put any paying customer on an earlier flight that meets the check in time, and I terminal paged connecting passengers to "recheck"
so I could put them on earlier flights. He sat around for like 6 hours, when I could have gotten him out on the flight he listed on.
>>
>>1270434
i find it ridicolous. i mean its clear that i dont wear shorts or dirty old clothes.
>but that's the way it has always been so that you don't offend their passengers
why should anyone be offended by my jeans? and how the fuck do passengers know if i am flying standby or not? are passengeres not offended by jeans if they know the person paid a lot for the ticket?
>>
>>1270443
I agree. And used to laugh at the dorks that wore their badges when non-reving. pilots were the exception because cockpit access, but thats a similar but more stringent process called jumpseating.

Just flash your ID and wait for me to call your name. There are some game the system tricks. One could purchase a refundable ticket under a fake name, or a friends name. Then cancel within the last minute, thus freeing up a seat.

You will get fired if you do this and get caught. and refundable fares arent cheap.
>>
How skills does flight attendant required? Can I get drunk on the job
>>
>>1270443
I work for Delta and we're pretty relaxed. I've been fine flying first class with button up plaid shirt and black chinos. Each airline has their own policy though so read up before you fly. Some Asian carriers can be pretty strict and I guess Europeans as well. When I flew Hawaiin Air their policy for first class was you need acceptable Hawaiian business attire which could be a suit or down to a Hawaiian shirt and khaki pants. When you fly just wear well fitting black or khaki pants and a shirt or polo. Keep a button up long sleeve collard shirt in your carry on just in case.

>>1270369
>>1270400
rampie here
winters aren't bad here but summers get up to 50C/120F
>>
>>1270467
No, airlines are super strict on this. Mine has a "no booze on company property" policy. I dont know the regs on this one, but I assume the "8 hours bottle to throttle" rule applies to all flight crews. Id be surprised otherwise.

I dont think this industry is for you.
>>
>>1270400

Just finished my first year. Working 11hr shifts. Benefits and people make it worth it imo. Plus I enjoy the work and have a promotion lined up this month fingers crossed.

>>1270502
Temperature inside our bagroom today probably reached 30 degrees Celsius. Literal oven. When I get home, my clothes are sticking to my skin. I could give less of a fuck about winter though.
>>
>>1270730
My best advice is to crosstrain and learn as much as you can. Working the gate/counter sucks on delay/cancellation days, but learning the reservation software is an important skill for moving up at an airport.

what system do you guys use? I've used amadeus, sabre, and a little bit of shares (sabre was my favorite)
>>
>>1270443
anyone elses attitude you cannot decide on. superficial pricks are going to be superficial pricks, and you won't be able to do anything about it. a lot of superficial pricks happen to fork out money for higher class tickets. their egos depend on the amount of money they smell.

i don't have the free tickets mentioned above, but i do get priority at aiports and am bumped up to business regularly based on my frequent flyer status.
even when i'm going on a business trip my designer outfit would sit in my bag, i just wear comfy clothes... i just want to say thank you to all the airline employees who confirmed the upgrades for me. i see it at security all the time that they want to turn me away based on my outfit, they only let me through when they the status on my ticket. i saw it on airline employees faces, too, like they were scanning me up and down hesitating while issuing me new boarding passes for upgrades, so far they always upgraded me.
>>
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/06/us/delta-flight-passenger-cockpit/index.html
In today's fake news:
>was traveling in first class on a dependent travel pass, a perk afforded to family members employed by the airline

>Two flight attendants tried to subdue Hudek but were pushed away, and he continued his attempt to open the door. According to the complaint, Hudek was able to move the door handle mechanism and push the emergency release lever halfway.
>>
how do i get in on this?
>>
>>1271345

apparantly the plane was too high up to open the door due to air pressure but if it was lower like around takeoff or landing it would have opened.
>>
File: 1486073059324.jpg (987KB, 2250x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1486073059324.jpg
987KB, 2250x3000px
>>1270347
Where can I find/get free/cheap airplane tickets online?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.