[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traveling In The Navy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6445.jpg (16KB, 184x112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6445.jpg
16KB, 184x112px
How many Anons here have served in the Navy and traveled while under service? Share some stories about it, and if you've traveled after your service, what were the major differences between the experiences?
>>
>>1270205
Not American, but I presume it wouldn't be a problem so long as you don't go to a hostile country.
>>
>>1270205
If you are on ship, long times at sea for a few days in port, but you typiclaly end up seeing quite a few countries. If you are lucky you will be and based abroad, or your ship will be ported at foreign country for an extended amount of time, where they will pay you to live out in town in a foreign country.

The one thing that sucks about being in the military and taking foreign leave, if you do it properly, is you have to get permission from the theater combatant commander and the embassy in that country to visit, which includes some pre travel training, and some countries, or areas of a country may be restricted.
>>
I am currently in the Navy, Stationed in Japan. The results may vary when it comes to the amount of countries you see. You could be on a ship that pulls in a lot or on a ship that pulls in very little. I have been to 3 countries and Guam in my 2 years here but I have friends that have been to 6 countries and they have been here only a year. Furthermore, Port visits are fun but its not my favorite way to travel due to curfew, only certain places your allowed to go, you might have to work during the day, you need a buddy at all time, etc. They do have tours that come to your ship though which I do. If I only have 3 days to see a country its the best way to do it. Most guys sadly look through a bar window.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.