[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working Remotely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: 600px-Central_Europe_Regions.png (178KB, 600x501px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Central_Europe_Regions.png
178KB, 600x501px
I make about $25 USD an hour working from home, and I have plenty of savings, so I've had an idea of living somewhere abroad. Anybody else on here do this? Recommendations for countries? Right now I'm thinking somewhere in central Europe (Prague, Budapest)
>>
>>1270121
If it was me, I'd probably choose Saint Petersburg: low taxes, huge city, lot of tourists. If you are not self-employed, then I'd pick Budapest: hungarians are really friendly people and the life in the country is not that expensive.

One question tho: what kind of job do you do?
>>
>>1270121
You would be better going to some Indo-China country than Europe. Will probably tax you less and it is going to be surprisingly more stable geopolitically. Also your dollars will be worth a ton locally.
>>
>>1270134

I don't like Russia kek, Budapest would be preferable. Is it a well-developed city? Lots to do? I've looked up information about it but it's really hard to tell without being there.

My job is photshopping and keywording photos.

>>1270140

Just spent a bunch of time in Asia, wanna try Europe now.
>>
>>1270144
Why do you want to do this to yourself? As someone from Europe I don't get it.
>>
>>1270121
I would consider Georgia or Poland
>>
>>1270153
Pretty much.
>>
>>1270147
It's fun to see new places and experience different cultures.

Why are you on this board?
>>
>>1270153
Georgia looks like shit lol, why there?
>>
>>1270121
what a shit map is that top kek
>>
>>1270121
Slovenia is pretty neat.
But, even the capital is a really chill place, there are events, but no daily partying, so some people find it boring...
If you like a bit more excitement, Prague would suit you better.

>>1270147
??? ???
>>
>>1270184
Yeah I want excitement. I'll check out Slovenia though.
>>
>>1270144
>it's really hard to tell without being there.
I don't want to be "that guy" but could I suggest that you visit some of these places before you decide on somewhere to settle? You should also think about visas. As an American, you can stay in the Schengen zone for 90 days out of the previous 180 days, after that you will need to move out of the Schengen zone until your 90 days resets.
>>
>>1270179
Yeah it is fucked up.
>>
This might be surprising but Prague is actually not very cheap, especially for what you get. I mean $25/h will defo get you a nice living standard there but if you want to take your money further other cities in the region are better for that. Czech Republic is really cheap overall but Prague is an anomaly because of the tourists. If I were to move to Czech Republic I'd go with a town like Brno which is really beautiful, has most of the amenities, but is still very local oriented and cheap. An interesting option would be Bratislava. It's not the greatest place to live but it's only 1 hour away by train to Vienna. A lot of people live in Bratislava and work in Vienna. I didn't really like Bratislava as a city I would want to live in though but maybe you will.

My view on the region is a bit skewed because I'm Polish (although I moved away from Poland when I was a child) so I would look at a few Polish cities to live in. Krakow/Warsaw are quite expensive for Polish standards but I prefer them to Prague. Wroclaw or Gdansk are still really great places to live and are quite a lot cheaper then the first 2 mentioned, they offer all the amenities you'd want, especially Gdansk which still gets quite a lot of tourists.

I'd say take a month and travel around the region. Visit a few cities in each country and compare. I know a lot of people go to Bulgaria as a few years ago you used to be able to buy an apartment close to the Black Sea for 10,000 euros.
>>
>>1270121
What do you do for a living that allows you to make $25/hour from home?
>>
>>1270189
can't go wrong with slovenia. nice cities and you have both the alps and the mediterranean sea.

>>1270222
10k for an appartement close to the black sea sounds great. do you know how the prices have developed?
>>
>>1270222

Yeah Prague has really exploded lately in terms of popularity. I assumed that apartment rent prices would still be reasonable? Since most people are only staying for a few days? What do you think I'd get for $400 USD/month?

I'd love to just travel around but I need a reasonable "base" for my job. Computer + mouse setup.

>>1270343

Photoshopping and keywording images.
>>
>>1270401
400USD a month in Prague?

Lmao, don't even bother. What's happening to Prague reminds me of what happened to East Berlin. OP, I would encourage you, if you like to travel and not just stay in one city, to consider Budapest but also look at Kiev. I have stayed in Budapest for about a week, and while it is very pretty, it is also heavily segregated economically, with the center of the city belonging to the international shoppers that couldn't point out Hungary on a map. If you thought Budapest was cheap, Kiev is on a whole different level, and is still fairly "foreign" so you'll get the authentic combloc experience while still being able to interact with quite a few people that would love to practice their English
>>
>>1270401
you use a desktop?
How do you travel with that must be kind of expensive no?
>>
>>1270453
I was using a shitty laptop when I lived in Taiwan, but now I'm back home and using a desktop. I guess if I'm moving around a lot I'll need to buy a new laptop.

>>1270432
Blah. That sucks. Even sharing with roommates will be more than 400?

Tell me more about Budapest
>>
>>1270473
Waking up in the middle of Detroit with a T-shirt that says 'death to niggers' and jumping in Budapest's nightlife as a tourist without knowing how to roll around ends pretty much the same way.
>>
>>1270121
All of this is Schengen Area.

With a valid U.S. passport, you can stay up to 90 days for tourism or business during any 180 day period. Do not overstay! You must wait an additional 90 days before applying to re-enter the Schengen area.
To stay longer than 90 days, you must have a visa. Apply for a visa through the embassy of the country where you will spend most of your time.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/go/schengen-fact-sheet.html
>>
>>1270508
Crude metaphor but very true

I live in Berlin, and even though I have developed moderate tolerance to drug mixtures, I still nearly died in Budapest. Those people go way too hard. You won't see this if you only go to the ruin pubs, of course
>>
>>1270178
Try google imaging "georgia nature" or something like that and you'll see
>>
File: Tihany-Belsoto.jpg (296KB, 800x468px) Image search: [Google]
Tihany-Belsoto.jpg
296KB, 800x468px
>>1270121
I make 9 dollars an hour and I get by easily with that money living in Budapest - with your earnings, you would be king here.

Living in Budapest is fairly cheap, although rent and property prices are rising continuously. The local cuisine is great, but there's also a huge variety of street food joints, Mexican, Asian and haute cuisine restaurants, and we have a number of Michelin star places, too. Sadly we don't have a sea access, but the Danube has some nice beaches, and Lake Balaton (pic related) is just an hour away. Still, there are loads of baths in Budapest where you can relax (or even party!), few of them dating back to the 1500s. Hungarians do take their drinks very seriously (we're a nation of wine and pálinka drinkers), so you can find a ton of pubs, ruin bars, outdoor venues and riverfront wine terraces in the city.
There are also a number of very nice museums (from the House of Terror and the Ludwig Museum to the Palace of Wonders, the Invisible Exhibition, the Aquincum Museum, and the Hospital in the Rock), some cool caves, green parks (City Park, Margaret Island, Kopaszi Dam), historic landmarks (the Buda Castle, the two Roman amphitheaters in Aquincum, and Europe's largest synagogue), and a booming nightlife. I'd say you can't really go wrong with Budapest. And if you do, then you can get to other European capitals fairly quickly by taking a train or buying a seat on a low cost airline.
>>
What is like living in the Czech Republic? I met some really fucking awesome people from there but I lost contact with them.

Is there any hopes for somebody with no actual skills or major education who speaks 2 and a half languages (Spanish, English, some German)?
>>
>>1270944
The most gorgeous women on the planet. That's all i know, sorry
>>
>>1270898
>I make 9 dollars an hour and I get by easily with that money living in Budapest
do you work online?
>>1270958
only if you like white women
>>
>>1270966
no, I work in the office
>>
>>1270473
I live in Prague, own two appartments, the one I live in, is in the suburbs (Butovice area) and the fees are 10k CZK/month, the other one is in the centre, I rent it for 16kCZK/month, but the fees are 8k, so I make only 8k of it... The prices in Prague really skyrocketed in the last three years or so, but you can still find cheap accomodation if you are patient.
The public transportation is superb, so it really doesn't matter, where you live in the city, I take the metro and am in the centre in 15mins.
With 25$/h, i.e. 200$/day assuming you work 8hrs, you'll be more than allright here.

Try Kiiv or other city in Ukraine, because it is cheapest of all cities mentioned and you'll get an authentic exp. of the soviet block.

Or try Georgia, as someone said, I've been there this Feb. and it was one of my best travel exp. - cheap food, living, nice nature.
Plus the visa is valid for 6months...
>>
>>1270944
the living is pretty good, no problems with the authorities, good public transport, cheap groceries, it is a fine place to live

I'd say 80% of the population can speak some english, with younger people (up to 30yrs old) I'd say that everyone can speak decent english
and this you can apply almost to every country in the area - Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria etc
>>
>>1270898
Is there a decent expat community there? Do people speak fairly good English? Dating environment decent?
>>
>>1270121
I have a lot of friends living in Krakow for years with no polish skills whatsoever. I wouldn't say they wouldn't be better of sometimes if they could speak it (especially if you need to go to the doctor) but it is possible to use only english in here and be fine. Making 25$ per hour will let you lead a very comfy life in here (it's more than 3x average salary in Poland), but that would be a case in every country in eastern EU. Good luck.
>>
>>1271792
I don't know about the latter as I'm not a foreigner so that part of the dating scene is unknown to me, but there's a pretty big expat community in Budapest, mainly people in their twenties and early thirties, with plenty of events (film clubs, parties, foreign theater plays, etc.) organized by the various expat communities, and most people in the under 50 age group speak at least decent English, but generally the younger the speaker the better their English is
>>
>>1270121
Warsaw is cheap, and the ratio of 10/10 is incredible high. Just download Tinder, write that you are an american, and that all

But this is true for the majority of estern europe

from my personnal experience
>>
I lived off $15 a day in Snooky Cambodia, pretty well desu..
>>
>>1271736
Any inputs on the job market in secondary cities such as Brno? I pretty much worked at hotels doing front desk and a lot of back office crap. As I said, I lack of college degrees.
>>
>>1270222
Top kek I'm also Polish and Kraków is one of the cheapest places to live as long as you aren't buying everything in Kazimierz or the touristy area. It makes me wonder if what you say about Praha is true. Warsaw is expensive though.
>>
>>1270508
Can you please elaborate on this?

I was curious about Hungary, but this doesn't sound like a good thing?
>>
>>1273722
don't listen to him, I go out with my friends almost every weekend, the nightlife in Budapest isn't dangerous at all
just don't walk alone flaunting your iPhone in the inner parts of the 8th district (this is where most of our gypsies live) after midnight and you'll be okay
>>
I live in Georgia, it's pretty cheap country with one of the most beautiful nature and tourist destinations. There is winter and summer resorts. Kind people and interesting culture, but one problem is that, there is strict drug policy.
>>
>>1273755
Also, One of the best clubs in the world, BASSIANI and KHIDI. DJ-s from Berghain play there.
>>
>>1270121
$25 USD an hour, photoshopping and keywording photos? Can you please elaborate on this too?
>>
>>1270121
I work from home as well and moved around quite a lot. I'm currently living in Northwestern Spain and it's great. Nice people, good food, very low living expenses, barely any immigrants and extremely low crime rates.
>>
>>1270432
>Kiev
Lviv would be better for OP, safer and more western European.
>>
File: cZP1BWy.jpg (92KB, 720x518px) Image search: [Google]
cZP1BWy.jpg
92KB, 720x518px
Anything but not Poland, its a total shithole
>>
>>1270144
>My job is photshopping and keywording photos.
What the fuck, how do you get $25/hour for that?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.