[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>planning a trip to chicago >want to try a chicago deep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

>planning a trip to chicago
>want to try a chicago deep dish pizza
>traveling alone and i have no friends, so i'll have to go to restaurants alone

do i:
>order a whole pizza, to go
>eat a few slices
>then throw the rest out
is there any other way to enjoy foods that require sharing, when you're traveling alone?
>>
>>1269951
pic related

some pizza places don't sell personal sized pizzas
>>
>>1269951
make friend
Ask if they want to try good food with you
Problem solved
Good luck doing this in the states tho
Really tired of the /trv/ autism
>>
>>1269951
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>1269951
Fuck Chicago Pizza. If you really want the best food Chicago has to offer, get a hotdog. They have dozens of restaurants that specialize in hotdogs, pick one and enjoy.
>>
>>1269970
I disagree a hot dog is pretty much just a hot dog no matter what you put on it.

But there are few Foods in the world not only as delicious but also as satisfying as Chicago deep dish pizza. When you eat it it makes you feel very good to your core. Does the hotel you're staying in have a refrigerator and microwave?

If so get there smallest Pizza eat half today and save the rest for tomorrow. Truth be told I don't really have much experience in this area because I'm a fat ass and when I travel and have the opportunity to eat new foods moderation just goes out the window and I binge eat/drink everything alone.
>>
Go for a gyro while you're in Chicago as well OP, and don't stress about eating alone in a restaurant, if you're so anxious about looking like a loser, play the dumb tourist with your waiter
>>
>>1269951

Ask them to pack up the rest of it so you can just eat the rest at home sometime?
>>
>>1269951
american, eat the whole pizza
>>
>>1269951
If you can't finish pic related you're a fucking wuss
>>
Get a real pizza instead OP, not that sauce laden shit.
>>
>>1269951
Order a small pie and have leftovers for two days
>>
>>1269951
Go to Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Company. Their pizza pot pie things are to die for, and are single serving.
>>
>>1270125
This
>>
Go to eat in at Pequod's and get their individual sized deep dish. They make the best deep dish pizza and it solves your serving problem.
>>
>>1269951
>is there any other way to enjoy foods that require sharing, when you're traveling alone?

Yeah ask for a togo box or just eat the food. Seriously, no one cares if you go to a resturant alone. If you feel awkward just sit at the bar over grabbing a table.
>>
>>1270220
This is like /tv/'s Robert won't let you buy movie tickets as a single male
>>
>>1270005
agreed
>>
I know that feel OP
>go out to eat alone while traveling
>Just 1 please
>fucking asks me for my alpha male card, have to wear betacucksign.
>have to wait for table for 1, because I don't want to sit at the bar because alcohol is stinky!
>finally sat down waiter doesn't want to serve me because I am only going to leave a tip for one
>order entree
>finally get food after they manage to squeeze my order in as other customers are waiting
>been eating all day so can only take a few bites, why didn't I just eat light when planning for a big meal
>Ask for a togo box, hear the waiter and everyone in the resturant sigh and roll their eyes
>finally go back to my hotel
>rent car for the rest of the trip and only do drivethroughs so no one knows I eat alone
>>
>>1269951
Are you retarded? Leftover deep dish id god tier. Just order a pizza and take the rest back to wherever you are staying.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (230KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
230KB, 1680x1050px
>>1269951
Op, window browse a few different restaurants utnil you find one with a waiter that looks cute enough to take home. Go in there and request her as a waiter, but ask for a table for two. When she asks if you want to order or wait for your guest just look her in the eyes and reply "that depends, how long until you sit down across from me and let me treat a lovely lady to half of my first chicago deep dish pizza?". She is going to look shocked at first, but don't break eye contact or back down. Be confident and she will melt. Before you know it, you will not only have a good looking woman to share a pizza with, you will have a great story to tell your parents when you get home. Oh yeah, and if you happen to be a woman the same thing could be used for a male waitress. You only live once Op, seize the day.
>>
>>1270005
I think there's an other half to it. Chicago Pizza doesn't seem to be like New Orleans Cajun or New York Pizza, where you really have to visit the city to get the best. The best Chicago Style Pizza I've had has been outside Chicago.
>>
>>1270338
What the fuck. I've eaten alone is restaurants for work in travel literally thousands of times. I've never had any of this happen. I think the problem is more your own paranoia than the way anybody is treating you.
>>
>>1269970
>all beef
>boiled
>buns with lettuce and tomatoes and whatever dumb shit

It's like they're happy to be retarded
>>
If you're alone sit at the bar. But you can always tell if someone anxious about being at a bar alone just by body.language, just get the fuck over yourself and chill

Most people at bars are down to converse with new people, that's what bars are fucking for. But if some Autist is shifting every ten seconds, rubbing his face, and pulling out his phone to look busy, I wouldn't waste my time or words on you because I can tell u have no clue how to be cool
>>
You're going to Chicago, you could always share it with a homeless person.

They probably have some interesting stories to tell.
>>
>>1270460
>>fucking asks me for my alpha male card, have to wear betacucksign.

If you couldn't tell that post was sarcasm I feel sad for you
>>
>>1269951
Go to aurelios or giordanos and take a fucking seat - stop by a gyros place too while you're in town. You don't need to share anything.
>>
go to art of pizza desu, you can get pizza by the slice there
>>
>>1270460
>being this autistic
>>
>People getting this worked up over bait

Try couchsurfing hangouts, just say that you "want to try Chicago deep dish pizza", say a time and place, meet up and enjoy the pizza.
>>
>>1269951
Depending on when you get here OP, I'd go for a pizza with you. I'm a sucker for the Giordano's deep dish but I know most other Chicagoans shit on them because it's a chain.

>>1270157
I want to fucking try one of these so bad. They always look fucking amazing.

>>1270218
Pequod's is the shit! Fucking love getting a pie well done. That caramelized cheese on the crust is so good.
>>
>>1269951
Fuck deep dish, go to Bongiorno's Cucina Italiana & Pizzeria, near the trump tower down town. I ate there 4 times in 3 days when in was in there for a conference.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.