[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why no one ever posts pictures or reports from their trips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 14

File: 451.jpg (39KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
451.jpg
39KB, 640x640px
Why no one ever posts pictures or reports from their trips?

The majority of the threads here are from people looking for advices about future trips, i think it would be nice to have some threads telling the adventures of anon travelling around the world.

pic unrelated
>>
>>1269907
>Why no one ever posts pictures from their trips
>pic unrelated
troll, or retarded?
>>
>>1269917

Well, my post is more about why people don't make threads about their trips, talking about what they did, liked and hated about the places they visit, with some pictures too. I think it would be interesting for other people to read, and also informative if someone is planning the same trip.
>>
Doing Mexico-Tanzania-Zambia-Ethiopia-Egypt-India now. Currently in CDMX. I'll probably make a thread about it when I'm done, which will be in January.

A lot of people contribute to 'general' threads. I lived in New Delhi for a year and a half and occasionally make India general threads.

Maybe I'm just too used to other boards, although I've been coming on /trv/ for years, but I have a 4chan-ingrained aversion to blogposting.
>>
File: DSC05312.jpg (3MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05312.jpg
3MB, 2592x1944px
>>1269907
>>
>>1269933
> but I have a 4chan-ingrained aversion to blogposting

Yeah I guess this is one of the major factors
Also I guess some people don't like the idea of their personal pictures being shared in a place like 4chan, I can understand them. I'll try to make a thread about my summer holidays in the balkan, if people like it I'll continue posting, if not peace

>>1269936
really nice picture
>>
>>1269907
Unless you do some really crazy and fun stuff we don't like blog posting.
Nobody cares about the 944736037 Pattaya PingPong show pics as we all have been there and nobody likes the shitty online marketer
>watch muh video picking up asian chi, erm prostitutes I paid to play along
trash.

We usually get trip reports from people that go to far more off places...
>90 days by bike around europe with 0 cash and a crappy cam
>motorbike trip across africa
>long term students staying in low key cities reporting back on tips from locals/meetups
>hitchhiking/train hopping across the US
>really long hikes/mountain range crossing
etc.
>>
>>1269907
>reports
Probably because TRV does not have a generic form format that people can use, you know something with a list of typical broad questions that you can answer and give the reader a quick rundown of the place.

Might be something worth developing though good thread OP
Something simple like cost, housing options, weather attractions best and worst parts that kind of stuff.
>>
>>1269933
Why are you skipping Sudan?
>>
>>1270007
> Something simple like cost, housing options, weather attractions best and worst parts that kind of stuff.

Interesting point. It could be something similar to wikitravel, this would also help to reduce the amount of clone threads that are always asking the same things about the same places. Or maybe not, who knows, but it's a very good idea. About the form, it could be something like this

- a general introduction of the country/city (do they speak english? average cost of living? they accept euro/dollars? dangerous areas? need of Visa/vaccines/etc.)
- what time of the year you visited the country
- how to get in (best airlines/trains/bus company and average cost)
- the itinerary you followed and a list of cities/place visited
- general infos about the visited places, what did you like/hate the most, etc.
- some info about where to stay, like hostels, hotels or airbnb

>>1269949

Dunno man, I'd like to read anon's report about his 2-weeks trip to Pattaya, i've never been there and I think it would be useful in case I want to organize a trip in Thailand too, surely more useful that an outdated article on Wikitravel from 2011 or the blog post written by some annoying 18yo travel blogger who spends his days sleeping in the best resort, riding elephants and taking selphies

> We usually get trip reports from people that go to far more off places...

Stop acting so RealTravellerâ„¢ m8. Also, I've been lurking for a while here on /trv/ and except for the french guy doing his motorbike trip around africa (RIP) and that thread about the guy train hopping (when it was, last year?) I don't remember any other "interesting" trip reports thread. Having some anon telling us about his trips could bring some variety and activity in this board.
>>
This board should have flags.
>>
File: IMG_20170701_110245.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170701_110245.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
and so i went to poland last week, and they had these signs in the forest before turns.

people tried to translate things to russian on their phones (do i look that cheap?) when they realized i did not understand polish, english didn't seem to be a thing. it was weird, especially seeing the amount of caffe neros and costa cafes everywhere.
>>
>>1270107
for what purpose? It only encourages /pol/ and /int/ like shitposting
>>
>>1270118
The few times I used this board, everyone just assumed I was american.
>>
>>1270123
I usually assume most people on here are european or American until they tell me otherwise, we don't need flags
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1269907
Lurk more on the generals and threads about places, i contribute pictures whenever I can

If you want pictures of a specific place just make a thread

Pic related, it was me enjoying the finer things in Prague
>>
File: DSC03727.jpg (552KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03727.jpg
552KB, 1440x1080px
>>1269907
St petersburg during the victory day celebrations
Felt like going back to 1917
>>
File: DSC04072.jpg (476KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04072.jpg
476KB, 1440x1080px
>>1270139
Russians like to show of ancient tanks
>>
I was walking thru Tokyo and found this mini statue of liberty by some park but they called it the statue of freedom and it was mildly impressive. Sorry my travel stories are lame. The good stories come from times when I was too drunk to take photos
>>
I tried doing this once but people were really negative about it. My best reception to travel posts was actually on /sp/ when I posted photos of me going to baseball games in Cuba. People were dicks at first but eventually everyone said a lot of nice things about my photos and my summary on life in Cuba and their national sport.

/trv/ seems to be more mature but these sort of threads get a lot of trolls saying "not your blog" and shit like that. I too would love to see more pics and stories, the common "travel pics" thread is always a favourite of mine. But unless this becomes a regular thing I won't post my reports because I don't feel like dealing with dicks.
>>
>>1270152

Was going to post something along these lines.

Maybe it'll be more tolerated here if there's one thread usually around dedicated to this topic, as opposed to individual threads for each person's trip.
>>
File: 2017_0603_234813_001.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
2017_0603_234813_001.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Beijing
>>
>>1270009

I don't have time.

Leaving Tanzania in late August and have to be in India by October 1st.

If I could do it again, I'd ditch India entirely. I've already been there seven times and being in Latin America has made me lose my appetite for it. It's not to be in a country where people are nice without treating you like you're a fucking space alien.
>>
File: IMG_1985.jpg (4MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1985.jpg
4MB, 2448x3264px
slightly amusing I guess... near Efez in Turkey if I remember correctly
>>
>>1269907
Blogging about travel is now considered "in poor taste" in general, even on facebook. Basically, travel blog posts are not relatable, so there's nothing to talk about. Even if you went to the same place, during the same time, what is the chance you went to the same restaurants, were interested in the same sights, or met the same people? It's alienating even if your trip isn't extraordinary. And people who make these posts realize that because the replies are few and would just ask about something really specific, like one place in one picture that wasn't even the highlight of your trip, because that's the thing they related to. So they stop making those posts.

So, people tend to prefer to contribute in existing threads when it's relevant to the topic, because then it's part of a discussion. And then, it's usually highlights or anecdotes rather than a detailed report of everything they did.
>>
>>1270106
Wikitravel is a lot longer than what I had in mind, something even more concentrated that you could browse skim casually before choosing to research more on tripadvisor or a wiki, wikitravel wouldn't let me edit so fuck them.
>>
>>1269947
This. Anything I post here I'd have also posted on facebook. I'd be ashamed as a motherfucker if someone found out I browse 4cham.
>>
>>1270118
A
>>
>>1270385
I used to be 10 years ago now it's vanilla as fuck
>>
3 months ago I got back from a month long backpacking trip around the US on an Amtrak rail pass. Thought about doing a q&a thread about it but didn't think anyone would be really interested.
>>
>>1270595
there is an amtrak rail pass?
/starts googling
>>
>>1270595

Please do it! A friend of mine was talking about this some days ago, trying to convince me. Is it worth it?
>>
File: P7260486.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
P7260486.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1269907
I've done it on a few occasions where I did trips like >>1269949 described. At least partially responsible for the increased number of Georgia threads in the last few years. Also pic related, Afrianon's facial expressions on this one still makes me lol.

Might do another one later this year, as I've done/will do some more stuff that might interest /trv/ - walked across Lake Baikal in winter, climbed Elbrus and will be climbing another Caucasus 5000m peak soon. We'll see.
>>
File: merriam.jpg (342KB, 1073x792px) Image search: [Google]
merriam.jpg
342KB, 1073x792px
>>1270719
>walked across Lake Baikal in winter, climbed Elbrus and will be climbing another Caucasus 5000m peak soon.
>>>/out/ want to hear it, too
>>
File: IMG_6094 resize.jpg (206KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6094 resize.jpg
206KB, 666x1000px
>>1270723
I browse there as well, but I tend to lurk more than post. Will see if anyone's interested there, but I seem to remember the overlap between /trv/ and /out/ meant that usually a bunch of /out/ists would find my /trv/ threads regardlessly.
>>
>>1269907
People used to, then edge lords would shit on people's pics and posts,(i.e. this isn't your blog!!!) then people stopped
>>
>>1270719
Where is Africanon ? Is he okay?
>>
>>1270719
Nigga is that a f-91w? you gosh darn terrorist
>>
>>1269949
>we don't like

Speak for yourself. I always like a thread with some good travel pics of some lace I have not been yet, with various anons commenting on what they did there, etc.

Such threads have been pretty popular here for a long time, though now, yeah, there are some posters who get butt hurt about them.
But they are within the rules and on topic.
>>
>>1270107
No, it should not. Somebody proposes it from time to time, and the consensus is that if we want shitposting, there are plenty of boards where we can go enjoy that.
>>
>>1270152
Here's a thought -- don't get put off by one or two guys trolling you about blog-posting. Make your thread very open to other folks posting their experiences -- ask for this in the opening post. Include AMA in the title.

Such threads have been common and popular here long before this new thing about "no blog-posting."
>>
>>1269907
>Questions are welcomed, as are threads sharing experiences or generally discussing travel.

From our beloved sticky.
>>
File: IMG_3405.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3405.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Statue in the Old Naval College, Greenwich, England.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.