[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Georgia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: FB_IMG_1499189442424.jpg (67KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1499189442424.jpg
67KB, 720x479px
Georgia as first destination?

I am from Poland and I have never been in another country.
I dont speak russian and probably wont have anybody willing to travel with me.

But fuck man, this country seems great. Share your opinions or stories, I never saw discussion about Georgia here.
>>
Source of the picture is Humans of Georgia fanpage.
Do not think I stalk some innocent girls.
>>
>>1269824
Georgia the country or the state?
>>
Bump. Am also tempted to go here, seems pretty nice. Tblisi is meant to have some good nightlife too.
>>
>>1269834
>I dont speak russian
> this country seems great
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>1269897
Dunno, Georgia also has it's own language. I see you read between the lines and found my answer though, congratulations on that. You were a more astute observer than me in this particular thread, and for that I will give you credit.
>>
>>1269824
Is that what the normal georgian girl looks like? That's 100% my type.
>>
>>1269988
Pretty much, that girl has classic georgian look.
>>
>>1269999
Are they generally ice queens as in eastern europe, or sweet like in Poland and central europe?
>>
>>1270001
From what I have heard, they are pretty much modest girls and shy to the foreigners, but they start sex pretty early. Pregnant 14 year olds arent that uncommon.

Their society is still underdeveloped in terms of sex and women rights. Sex revolution did not come to them, girl from father's goes straight to a house of husband. I dont think dating is a thing there.

Their society is conservstiv, chauvinistic but really proud.

All of my knowledge comes from half-georgian.
>>
File: P9124756.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
P9124756.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1269824
A Polish friend of mine who's been there said she could get by without knowing Russian, purely by sort of adapting Polish to sound more Russian. Conversation was basic, but possible.

>>1270001
Friend of mine who lived there for several years said Georgian girls aren't too keen on random encounters.

Anyway, the place is well worth a visit, I'll be going for the third time in September.
>>
>>1270029
My biggest fear is that I will just sit in hotel and do nothing. Do you have any online sources so I can properly plan mu trip?

Funny, but I would always spent some time in Street View before I go to another city for first time, but it does not work in Tbilisi.
>>
Hey OP.

I just spend a month in Poland (I'm in Ukraine now) and Georgia will be my next destination. I have no idea what to expect.

To find things to do check out tripadvisor ("top things to do in georgia europe" in google) and wikivoyage. If you don't have a specific things to do, just leave you room and walk. Follow the music, get lost, meet people, you'll have fun.
>>
File: P9104660 bis.jpg (6MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
P9104660 bis.jpg
6MB, 4032x3024px
>>1270042
Go to a hostel instead, meet people, do stuff together.

Not much online other than the usual suspects. Personal recommendations
>day trips from Tbilisi to Davit Gareji (search Davit Gareji Line on fb) and Gori/Uplistsikhe
>Signagi if you like old comfy towns
>Svaneti, from Tbilisi either fly or take night train to Zugdidi then marshrutka - always pass through Zugdidi by road
>Batumi/Kobuleti (a bit calmer) for beaches and parties
>Kazbegi area, Truso and Juta for hiking; you can hike Omalo-Shatili-Juta if you want, many other hikes possible there between Tusheti and Kazbegi

Pic is on slopes of Mt. Kazbek
>>
>>1270066
I want to spend most time in Tbilisi, but Batumi is my must-see. Well, I plan the trip for next year, so I have much time for information gathering.
>>
>>1269982
Thanks, I always feel good when someone on the internet acknowledges my situational superiority
>>
File: FB_IMG_1499376672821.jpg (55KB, 700x469px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1499376672821.jpg
55KB, 700x469px
>>
>>1269982
>haha, you passed my test
>>
Started learning Russian, it is pretty easy for a polish guy. I will brag about knowing four languages.
>>
>>1269824
pole here.
I've hitchhiked there. Place is great, people are fucking great. They love us for just being poles (remember kaczynski and what he did during conflict in ossetti? they remember.

As a first destination?
well, learn at least the bare minimum of russian. Like, 20 most important words.
Also, like alcohol. It's obligatory.

If you can deal with your problems and won't start crying after the first misshap, the place is ok to go in your situation.

Just for everything that's holy, go to at least one place, that's not recognised as a tourist destination. that's where the fun starts.
>>
>>1269837
I keep hearing this, but whenever I explore the nightlife of other European cities, I typically meet at least 1 Georgian who traveled there. I don't meet too many Berliners that travel to another city for it's nightlife, if you catch my drift
>>
Dude, Polish is almost same as Russian. Now I could be in trouble visiting these post-Soviet places, not speaking any Slavic languages.

Anyhow, Georgia has been on my list quite some time. Maybe try to visit Ushguli, it's a funky ass village kinda place occupied by these small towers.

Definitely try the food, wine and the green soda.

t. guy who has Georgian friends.
>>
>>1271485
>Polish is almost same as Russian
no, it's not
grammar is very similar, many words are similar, but in the end it turns out to be, that if you don't learn russian, polish alone does nothing to help you understand it.
the bottom line is: learning russian is fucking easy if you're polish. Talking with russians is impossible if you know only polish. (unless you're drunk enough. But in case of misunderstandings, expect fists flying in your direction)
>>
https://youtu.be/G8CEcKyu1fo
Unfortunately for you my friends, these cute girls speak in polish.
>>
File: IMG_2279.jpg (4MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2279.jpg
4MB, 4320x3240px
>>1269824
I am Czech and was in Georgia for a week in Febuary, know no Georgian or Russian, but I could understand easily, the people are helpful.
Try chacha, its a vodka/slivovice 60-70% spirit, vine is tasty, and the local pastry snacks. Drink Borjomi water!

picture - Gergeti triniti church in Stepansminda/Kazbegi

I liked Kazbegi area. Ciatura is something paranormal, would definitely go again. Gori was a dissapointment, just the Stalin museo and nothing else. Tbilisi is nice for two days, try the spa there, 1hr is more than enough, as it is too hot in there. Mskheta is nice.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.